1. Overpopulation denialism.
2. Luddite stuff like hysterical opposition to GM foods.
3. Opposition to nuclear power which has caused many, many coal-fired power plants to be built. Fukushima notwithstanding, the biggest danger to the planet now is global warming, not the odd radiation leak.
4. The anti-vaccination movement.
5. Denial of the existence of human races--something even some biologists promote.
6. Abandonment of scientific method whenever hot-button issues come up, just as the Right does, because all ideologues, Left & Right,try to derive reality from their ideas instead of vice-versa.
Recent discussions in the Science forum
|The Science Behind Fetal Pain-related Abortion Legislation||877||13 minutes ago|
|Archaeology Plus Other Fohrbidden Sciences.||772||2 hours ago|
|spherical earth vs. flat earth||3599||3 hours ago|
|GMO Labeling Bill Passed||3||4 hours ago|
|Tesla deliveries, and lost money on every one!||423||6 hours ago|
|Global warming is the most serious problem of our generation, part 4 (reboot)||6402||7 hours ago|
|Computers to consume all energy production by 2040! PANIC!!!||4||8 hours ago|
|If Dark Matter were everywhere all celestial motion calculations would be different?||29||12 hours ago|
|Climate Change and Rising Sea Levels....Why do you guys deny the Science?||89||12 hours ago|
|The New Truth||30||1 day ago|
|Since no contact is possible, does it make sense to keep trying?||318||2 days ago|
|Wouldn't Cloning Reduce Sexual Crimes?||2||2 days ago|