Customer Discussions > Science forum

A thread for atheists and materialists who want to bash Christians

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 69 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 19, 2013 3:33:47 PM PST
Paul Rowland says:
Seeing that atheists and materialists have nothing better to do than hijack the religion forum and bash Christians (the least they could do is go to the Christianity forum and bash Christians instead of the religion forum, which is inclusive of all religions), I am launching this thread especially for you. On this thread, please feel free to tell each other how smart you are and how stupid theists are. Feel free to pat each other on the back because you are so enlightened about the truth and knowledge, and the nature of reality, that the "God concept" is completely laughable and anybody who doesn't realize that is a moron. Please, do discuss amongst yourselves how theists are so delusional and you are so enlightened by science. Thank you. Have a good day.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 3:39:23 PM PST
Rev. Otter says:
i'm truly sympathetic that you feel so picked on. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:46:42 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 4:02:16 PM PST
albino.cockroach,

Am I free to tell you how your christian persecution complex it at once galling and amusing? Am I free to tell you how stupid I think you are for pretending that you know how atheists and materialists prefer to spend their time? Am I free to tell you what a laughable moron you are for thinking that forums are, somehow, reserved for the groups implied by their titles?

Go home. Sleep off your sacramental wine. Offer an opinion when your brain isn't benumbed by self-pity.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:29:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 5:44:46 PM PST
Paul Rowland says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:44:34 PM PST
Paul Rowland says:
I don't have to pretend to know how atheists and materialists spend their time: the evidence is quite clear on the religion forum (and it's empirical evidence at that, which you should appreciate). Honestly, I think most atheists need God more than most theists do. Most theists just believe in God and then go on living their lives like God doesn't even exist; but, atheists, they take the God concept as some kind of personal affront and feel a need to attack those who speak of God because they can't attack God directly.

Regardless, this thread is already serving its purpose: I have been accused of self-pity, of being galling, amusing, stupid, a laughable moron, a drunkard, and having a benumbed brain. And all this in only three responses to the original OP.

Please keep it up--over here in the science forum, I mean. Thank you. Have a good evening.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 6:11:22 PM PST
jpl says:
A thread for atheists and materialists who want to bash Christians

albino.cockroach says: Seeing that atheists and materialists have nothing better to do than hijack the religion forum and bash Christians (the least they could do is go to the Christianity forum and bash Christians instead of the religion forum, which is inclusive of all religions), I am launching this thread especially for you. [jpl: Thanks, albino.] On this thread, please feel free to tell each other how smart you are and how stupid theists are. [jpl: I agree 100% with the ideas put forth in that sentence.] Feel free to pat each other on the back because you are so enlightened about the truth and knowledge, and the nature of reality, that the "God concept" is completely laughable and anybody who doesn't realize that is a moron. [jpl: I'm patting myself on the back right now.] Please, do discuss amongst yourselves how theists are so delusional and you are so enlightened by science. [jpl: We don't have to tell one another; we already know.] Thank you. Have a good day. [jpl: You have a good day too.]

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:35:22 PM PST
OG InfamousR says:
Why is this on the Science Forum?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:53:41 PM PST
Beats me. Since all the atheists are hanging out on the Religion and Christianity forums, those would be the best places to complain about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:00:51 PM PST
OG InfamousR says:
I wonder who hangs out in the Atheist forums?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 12:03:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 1:35:14 AM PST
albino.cockroach

You are a phoney and don't care one bit about Christians.

It's just another of your mischievous threads using yet another of your monikers.

I have guessed who you are. Get a life.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 1:24:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 2:08:39 AM PST
Everyone :

More phoniness from this atheist troll, (the pretend-hurt Christian), at 5:54 PM yesterday. One clue is when he says that "theists go on living their lives like God doesn't even exist."

It's a WIND-UP thread. Don't be fooled (as Charles Mielke obviously was).

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 4:53:06 AM PST
Brian Curtis says:
Sorry, not seeing the relevance of this topic to the Science forum.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 5:05:06 AM PST
Consider the source, and it becomes understandable.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 5:35:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 5:37:46 AM PST
It's a wind-up *deliberately* put on the Science Forum, of course.

You should have read my posts, then it would have been obvious to you.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 5:54:30 AM PST
A customer says:
Brian - Me, either. Hey, 'roach!: Shove off back to the religion forum with this crêpe.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:18:32 AM PST
Brian Curtis says:
It -was- obvious, actually. I was just providing a rational response... the kind that seems to irk cockroach the most.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:37:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 6:42:37 AM PST
Irish Lace says:
You poor baby! Did someone upset you? Does it bother you so much to discuss religion with non-Christians that you just can't take it? Perhaps you should put on your big-boy pants and man up a little.

Or, here's a thought: If you don't like having non-theists and/or non-Christians participate in discussions on the subject of religion, you could not come to the Religion Forum (or post about it on the Science Forum.)

Have you considered spending more time in the Classical Music forum? They probably would share their tea and biscuits and never say anything at all to disagree with you (well, nothing stronger than, "Pish, tosh, Mr. Cockroach.")

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:39:22 AM PST
Irish Lace says:
"Regardless, this thread is already serving its purpose: I have been accused of self-pity, of being galling, amusing, stupid, a laughable moron, a drunkard, and having a benumbed brain. And all this in only three responses to the original OP."

Well, when you're on a roll....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:41:16 AM PST
Irish Lace says:
"Why is this on the Science Forum?"

Clearly you're new to the meandering nonsense that IS the colorless.bug.

You'll get used to it and you'll learn to laugh at it. It won't take long.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 6:46:27 AM PST
A customer says:
IL - "Well, when you're on a roll...."

You're going to pay for that coffee. And my keyboard.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:04:02 AM PST
Irish Lace says:
"You're going to pay for that coffee. And my keyboard. "

Oh, no you don't, big boy! You've done it to me more than once!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 7:04:34 AM PST
A customer says:
My wife been blabbing again?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 9:33:46 AM PST
Ah-ha.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 9:37:36 AM PST
Rev. Otter says:
<<Pests are just annoying.>>

but irony is awesome! :D
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  69
Initial post:  Feb 19, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions