Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Science forum

Are there SCIENTIFIC disagreements with evolution theory?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 860 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 8:33:01 AM PDT
I think Ferengi had a list of logical fallacies, which he mounted on a dartboard and chose one at random. You can get yours at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 1:42:56 PM PDT
Roeselare says:
Hi James,

I don't know why these few posts of ferengi's were overlooked by Amazon when he was banned back then, 3 months before he was banned on Jan 20, 2010.

http://www.amazon.com/tag/religion/forum/ref=cm_cd_et_aep2?_encoding=UTF8&cdMsgNo=57&cdPage=3&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx3EQZEGS4VF5OF&cdMsgID=Mx38YL0XMBZLRW8#Mx38YL0XMBZLRW8

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:43:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 3, 2012 6:46:15 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 5:19:47 AM PDT
Brian Curtis says:
Still running and hiding from the question you're too scared to answer, eh Haynes? Too bad it's not going to work. Here it is again:

"So basically, every sighting of a UFO, dragon, ghost, Superman, sharks with lasers, or any other outrageous claim made by someone actually DID happen because, after all, they observed it happening, right?"

Creationists are too dumb to understand why everyone's laughing at them... which makes them even funnier!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 8:25:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 3, 2012 8:25:21 AM PDT
Brian,
Be nice. The creationists are so insecure in their faith and manhood that they need to try to force science to support their theology. When science doesn't change its nature to accommodate them, they have to try to make up for their... *ahem* 'short comings' by being publicly belligerent and ignorant on these fora.

They are to be pitied. But never to be allowed near science education.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 8:41:30 AM PDT
Brian Curtis says:
The simply ignorant are indeed to be pitied... the willfully stupid are to be mocked and pilloried.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 9:32:20 AM PDT
EMvC: But never to be allowed near science education.

I agree with that but they are not insecure in their faith. Quite the opposite. They are so convinced that they are right (as I and probably you are) that they feel their duty is to save the *unrighteous* from a fate worse than death - whatever they may be. Of course sensible folk would regard anything less than death, such as life after death or whatever as *worse than death*.

So both you and Brian are correct in your own ways, except the bit about their being pitied. Pitted perhaps, but... lol

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 11:08:08 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 3, 2012 2:05:38 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 12:40:09 PM PDT
Something I have never been able to understand.

Creationists/IDers appear to cite a "failed" scientific series of experiments as evidence on their side. ("Failed" is what they say. They don't understand each experiment in a series gives you data that you or another scientist may use later. That an experiment can not give you an expected answer, but it always gives you data.) To wit, life, from inanimate sources, has not been created in a lab. They crow and say effectively science has disproved science.

But at the same time, they deny all the other scientific body of evidence.

Just puzzles me. So illogical.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 1:21:24 PM PDT
Rev Otter says:
<<they deny all the other scientific body of evidence>>

... while typing on a computer.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 1:40:45 PM PDT
A. Caplan says:
Brian Curtis says: "it is not science"
Actual scientists disagree with you. And guess what? They're the ones who get to decide.
>Don't even bother. I've pointed out a number of times where the evidence and deductive reasoning can be found. Posters like andthehorseirodeinontoo? just keep repeating the same falsehoods, urged on by either intentional ignorance or a desire to lie.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 3:36:39 PM PDT
"Pitted perhaps, but... lol "

Perhaps they ought to be stoned, Phillip.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 6:28:59 PM PDT
Christine M. Janis says: "Perhaps they ought to be stoned"

Well, a few joints would certainly get the corn cob out of their pi gu.

But the corn cob puts a smile on their faces and they'd miss it too much.

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 8:06:24 AM PDT
Just a question. Not concern trolling, honest!

I am new to these amazon fora. I was interested in dialogue about actual science. Are there any threads in this forum where people actually talk about science and don't have to spend their entire time defending it against people who do not understand science?

Does anything in science exist they don't feel threatens them or is part of an atheistic plot? Nothing that doesn't incite them to jihad?

Last I heard atheists were only about 15% of the US population. These [perjorative]s make them seem awfully active falsifying data, peer reviewing and validating lies, developing techniques to prove lies, oh, and publishing and teaching lies.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 9:14:43 AM PDT
Rev Otter says:
<<Are there any threads in this forum where people actually talk about science and don't have to spend their entire time defending it against people who do not understand science?>>

this is the best you're gonna get for discussing actual science, i'm afraid. the trick is to listen to the ones who know science, and ignore the ones who make it clear that they don't. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 9:38:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2012 4:30:07 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 10:08:36 AM PDT
Rev Otter says:
<<There is a flood of opportunists and people with serious attention problems usurping discussion fora as an avenue of finding something to fill their emptiness.>>

this is the most insightful thing i've seen you type here. also the most ironic. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 10:27:39 AM PDT
Re magnolia, 10-4 8:06 AM: Rev. Otter has it about right. There are a number of threads from which you may choose to posit any particular question, and you should try to pick the one which appears to be most apt for your purpose. Unfortunately, many threads are inhabited by people who do not understand science, or suppose that religious ideas can trump scientific ones -- which is NEVER true: science relies on observation which (in principle) anyone can make.

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 10:37:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2012 10:38:32 AM PDT

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 12:02:44 PM PDT
So just out of curiosity...is the plural of "forum" actually "fora"? I always though it was "forums".

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 12:12:57 PM PDT
Rev Otter says:
http://www.usingenglish.com/weblog/archives/000121.html

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 12:16:58 PM PDT
So...either way then.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 12:26:50 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 4, 2012 6:34:54 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 12:39:24 PM PDT
Christine M. Janis says:"Pitted perhaps, but... lol " Perhaps they ought to be stoned, Phillip.

Yes, that would be a boulder approach.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 12:42:21 PM PDT
Mohamed: an avenue of finding something to fill their emptiness.

We're all full of emptiness, Mohamed. Some of our posts, especially. :-)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Science forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science forum
Participants:  53
Total posts:  860
Initial post:  Sep 28, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions