1. Overpopulation denialism.
2. Luddite stuff like hysterical opposition to GM foods.
3. Opposition to nuclear power which has caused many, many coal-fired power plants to be built. Fukushima notwithstanding, the biggest danger to the planet now is global warming, not the odd radiation leak.
4. The anti-vaccination movement.
5. Denial of the existence of human races--something even some biologists promote.
6. Abandonment of scientific method whenever hot-button issues come up, just as the Right does, because all ideologues, Left & Right,try to derive reality from their ideas instead of vice-versa.
Recent discussions in the Science forum
|Creationists ask........What has mathematics been up to?||25||3 minutes ago|
|LIGO claims that gravitational waves arrived at Earth on 14 September 2015?||12||3 minutes ago|
|Gravity Waves||29||11 minutes ago|
|Origin of Life For Real||5422||18 minutes ago|
|Global warming is the most serious problem of our generation, part 4 (reboot)||2728||27 minutes ago|
|Deppresion||65||53 minutes ago|
|Mygenes.co.nz shows new 2015 tests (from UCLA) that show that homosexuality develops only after-birth!!||475||1 hour ago|
|Can Science Explain This?||55||2 hours ago|
|On the fabric of energy: Should electrons spin? or wobble?||62||2 hours ago|
|The Science Behind Fetal Pain-related Abortion Legislation||375||3 hours ago|
|This is a Dream: IT has not YET happened||2||8 hours ago|
|Tesla deliveries, and lost money on every one!||84||8 hours ago|