Customer Discussions > Science forum

Anthropogenic Global Warming is a DISGRACE to Science!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 16, 2011 2:23:08 PM PDT
Truthseeker says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2011 6:19:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 4:56:12 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2011 7:32:51 PM PDT
And your credentials? Where'd you get your degrees? How many decades of higher education have you had? The names of your professors? How much experience do you have in climate science? Where can I find the essays you've written? What honors have you received?

*crickets*

That's what I thought, sonny.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:15:42 AM PST
Charlie T. says:
"opinions from a cadre of selected authors "
Selected because they are experts in climate. Similarly, airliners are flown by a cadre of selected people. Selected because they know how to fly planes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:15:47 AM PST
Charlie T. says:
"opinions from a cadre of selected authors "
Selected because they are experts in climate. Similarly, airliners are flown by a cadre of selected people. Selected because they know how to fly planes.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:10:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 7:29:42 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:47:19 AM PST
Figures the Creationist Christopher Haynes likes TeapartyWoman.

She is a near 90 year old with no science background, pal.

In fact she turned AGAINST Romney with a passion.

And she began calling the Republican Party, *** the Party of Rape***

Here were some of her posts on Romeny

TS(aka Teapartywoman): One of the motivations for the founder of Mormonism was to be able to officialize his extramarital relationship with his maid. Eventually he had 48 wives in total.

So why does Romney only have one wife? Why isn't he being a good Mormon?

http://www.amazon.com/forum/politics/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1S3QSZRUL93V8&cdMsgID=Mx27TR7RI3H4WX3&cdMsgNo=2&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx2ZTURLATXG5B5#Mx27TR7RI3H4WX3

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TeaPartywoman said: The difference is that Obama was just a little kid when he ate dog, while Willard was a full-grown adult when he tortured his dog.
By the way, I am not an Obama supporter by any means, but there does not seem to be a reliable alternative.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/politics/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1S3QSZRUL93V8&cdMsgNo=43&cdPage=2&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx2ZTURLATXG5B5&cdMsgID=Mx8U7PCQIXH7OM#Mx8U7PCQIXH7OM

TeaPartywoman said I consider strapping a dog to the roof of a station wagon, then driving hundreds of miles to Ontario, and even worse, when the dog got sick - brutally hose the poor creature and put the dog back on the roof - I consider that animal cruelty which should be prosecuted.

==============================

See, she is just a colorful person. Do you also agree with her politics, perchance?

HA HA HA

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:48:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 10:46:19 AM PST
So tell me, Chris,

I and others have rebutted all of TeaPartyWoman's and you statements on this forum MANY MANY times.

Yet, you both come back undaunted and repeat those lies as if nothing happened.

Well, now I have some challenges for you:

Tell me:

#1 Why IS is that Genesis has the ORDER of Creation wrong...
--you know, that the Earth was created on Day 1,
And the moon, sun, and all the other stars in the sky were created on Day 4...

#2 Also why Genesis 1 and 2 change the order of creation to whether man was made first; vs. the animals.

--Do you agree with some Protestant fundies, this meant there were TWO divine creations, and God destroyed the first one? And somewhere that got lost.

See if you can answer my simple questions above, if you can...
-- TS (Original, and NOT TeaPartyWoman)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:53:21 AM PST
Cliff Sedge says:
There's an interesting article about the threat of climate change to the national security of the U.S..

The Pentagon seems to be taking the issue seriously.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/09/us-military-warned-climate-change

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:24:09 PM PST
RR says:
BAM,
"As usual, the science is not on the side of the lefty."

Said by the guy who believes science supports the idea that God created the world in 6 days 6,000 ya. ROLFMAO

With help like yours, Truthseeker doesn't needed enemies....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:31:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 4:31:37 PM PST
RR says:
"WE HAVE BEEN CONNED!"

Then buy property & move to the Seychelles.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:04:46 PM PST
Me, I live on the left coast. I don't want to be drowned.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:11:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 5:12:14 PM PST
RR: With help like yours, Truthseeker doesn't needed enemies....

TS: Are you referring to me, or to TeaPartyWoman.

TeaPartywoman believes in Evolution. Interesting, we had another Poster (ISamIam) who also was a rabid skeptic who wasn't sure if the Earth was 6000 years old or not. The TeapartyWoman said she had no problem being his political partner anyone. Wasn't important, she said then.

But that was also before she turned against the Republican Party, calling it the Party of "rape"; and Romney a polygamist. LOL.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 9:26:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 10:21:28 PM PST
HelVee says:
TS: WE HAVE BEEN CONNED!
HelVee: This is all just opinion. You provide no evidence whatsoever to back up your claims.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:59:33 AM PST
HelVee says:
Bairn: The Pentagon seems to be taking the issue seriously.

HelVee: Yep. And Maritime companies are eagerly anticipating new shipping routes due to projected declines in sea ice.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/10/101025161150.htm
http://ec.europa.eu/ourcoast/print.cfm?articleID=310
http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/climate-change-leads-spike-northern-shipping

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:55:30 AM PST
John McClain says:
"Not I. I am not a liberal. Thanks for your thoughtful post on this matter. As usual, the science is not on the side of the lefty."

You believe in curses. Science is never on your side.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 6:09:59 AM PST
A customer says:
Bairn - "The Pentagon seems to be taking the issue seriously."

As is the insurance industry. In fact, the only demographics who seem to think they have been "conned" are:

1. Corporations making money out of burning fossil fuels.

2. Politicians receiving money from 1. above.

3. Gullible suckers voting for 2. above.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 2:46:06 PM PST
The Weasel says:
Is this article from John McLean the noted holder of a BA in Architecture?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:25:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 4:35:21 PM PST
TS (TPW): WE HAVE BEEN CONNED!

HelVee: This is all just opinion. You provide no evidence whatsoever to back up your claims.

TSNTPW: Well, sure. That's Teapartywoman for you.

BTW: I started off as merely Truthseeker, and then she did a nasty impersonation of me, so I had to change my handle name.

Amazon refuses to do anything about impersonation.
It confuses some people though,,, because most people would assume a reputable board would not allow that.

I hadn't seen TeaPartywoman since asking her why, since she has no background in science or math, she would assumes she really knows this topic better than Martin Rees, Stephen Hawkings, and Bill Nye (of the Science Guy fame).

I do give her high marks for figuring out Romney was a rascal. You should have seen her attacks on him in the Political Forum. Whew -- she has a way with ... colorful language. One example, is where she called the Republican party, the party of "rape". That was the tip of the ice berg.

It was funny seeing the consternation from other conservatives when they finally figured out this wasn't coming from me, but from a fellow conservative and previous Republican.

Let's just say: Romney did not win over her heart and mind. Lol.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 10:06:01 AM PST
The Weasel says:
I can understand why some would reject the Big Bang Theory or Evolution as it (potentially) directly opposes someone's core religious belief. That creates a schism that would require the person to completely revise their world view.

However, I am far less understanding of those who reject AGW as the the only point of revision would seem to be their political identity.

Being opposed to DOING anything to stop AGW is a political view I can understand as it becomes a debate about the relative costs of taking action. However, denying science itself is inexplicable.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 4:45:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 4:46:33 PM PST
TS to Weasel: You answered your own question.

<<However, I am far less understanding of those who reject AGW as the the only point of revision would seem to be their political identity. >>

Their political identity IS their religion and world view.

Notice how many of the skeptics also believe there is truly an invisible hand guiding the markets; so they are infallible. And if you ignore all the crashes/failures , and just count the successes.... hey you can make your self believe it too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:37:00 AM PST
Brian Curtis says:
Still running and hiding from the question you're scared to answer, eh Haynes? Too bad it's not going to work. Here it is again:

"So basically, every sighting of a UFO, dragon, ghost, Superman, sharks with lasers, or any other outrageous claim made by someone actually DID happen because, after all, they observed it happening, right?"

Yes, Christopher, you're still wrong. Being a creationist, you will always be wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:56:43 AM PST
Brian C

There's nothing at all wrong with being a creationist. It's just that this is the science forum, & creationism isn't falsifiable, so it's not science.

Creationistm doesn't belong here. It belongs on the religion forum. It's simple, actually.

BTW, I asked CH your question once, & IIRC, I believe he said something about how I was a sick person to even ask. (LOL)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Science forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Wait. The whole basis for the 6K yr old Earth is one guy adding numbers in his head? 7232 7 minutes ago
Global Warming is the most SERIOUS problem of our generation 9307 42 minutes ago
xq28 is not the gay gene--mygenes.co.nz shows nobody born gay 25 1 hour ago
Applied arts and sciences to solve real problems by systematic reason 11 1 hour ago
Xq28 not a gay gene--mygenbes.co.nz shows nobody gay 6 1 hour ago
Questions for Intelligent Design Fans 3781 9 hours ago
Is Global warming really a bad thing? 123 10 hours ago
The Origin of Life: Two Possible Explanations 52 12 hours ago
Brain changes associated with casual marijuana use in young adults: More 'joints' equal more damage 3 17 hours ago
Saturn may be birthing a brand new baby moon 7 18 hours ago
Question about the Speed of Light 82 19 hours ago
Dogs Align With Earth's Magnetic Field When Pooping 23 22 hours ago
ARRAY(0xa57cd780)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Mar 16, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions