Customer Discussions > Science forum

Global warming is nothing but a hoax and a scare tactic

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 11:00:13 AM PST
A customer says:
Charles Vrooman - "I scanned the comments made for this discussion and didn't find any regarding Michael Crichton's novel - 'State of Fear'."

Crichton was a libertarian ideological fanatic who endorsed the agenda of US free-market advocacy groups to undermine science that could lead to regulation. He had no scientific standing and is held in no regard whatsoever by the scientifically literate.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 11:31:52 AM PST
Truthseeker says:
Dear Amazon Complaints Department,

I have posted a formal complaint against the poster in the Amazon forums with the id Truthseeker ( **Not** TeaPartyWoman) who has continually violated the following Amazon rules:
- Repeated posts that make the same point excessively
- Repeated unwelcome messages that harass or embarrass other customers or participants

Please find the evidence below - only a sample of the hundreds of repetitive posts of harassment.
(repetitively calling me liar, deranged, 90-year old, senile, fruit loop, etc)

Thanks to please take the necessary action to stop this kind of harassment / blatant personal attacks on the Amazon forums.

Truthseeker ( **Not** TeaPartyWoman) said:
"JDC: Truthseeker (Real One) I love the fact that Dr Fred Flintstone was a signatory of the petition that TeaPartyWoman uses as "fact". TS (Real One): An improvement for the 90 year old Fruit Loop." Read more
Posted Jan 6, 2012 · 9903 posts in this discussion
Found in: Science forum

"JC on TeaPartyWoman: TPW just exposes herself to ridicule. TH: oh well. better luck next lie TPW TS: The 90 year old manic Fruit Loop wears her incredibly deranged statements with a BADGE of honor." Read more
Posted Dec 17, 2011 · 9903 posts in this discussion
"TeaPartyWoman: A little secret: The primary driver of weather (hot or cold) is the temperature of the air Cold air from the Arctic = COLD, Warm air from the tropics = Warmth. TS: NO secret -- the near 90 year old TeapartyWoman IS a whacko Fruit Loop." Read more
Posted 1 day ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

"TeaPartyWoman: Too late Mark, the US is already buried in debt - more than $16T by end of this year, which is well over 100% of GDP, TS: So now the TeaPartywoman now now thinks the US debt was due to environmentalism. Hey, I can say one thing, This near 90 year old Fruit Loop, is consistent with her manic delusions." Read more
Posted 3 days ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

"Wow, again the near 90 year old proves she is a Lying Fruit Loop, recycling all her old outrageous lies. and look at this: TeaPartyWoman: > TS: The smiley face I think is her acknowlegement that means... tiny cooling -- from 1930 until 1979, afterwhich there was strong global warming here and globally. Notice this is her..." Read more
Posted 7 days ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

"Hey, TeaPartyWoman: Want to deny: Right after Al and Tipper Gore announced their divorce, you spewed some crap posts about how another poster and I "had to be" divorced because we supported global warming. When we both reported we were happily married, you began shrieking we HAD to be divorced soon. That was some time ago...and I'm **still** happily married, " Read more
Posted Dec 23, 2011 · 9903 posts in this discussion

"Joe: > JGF: Thanks. That's exactly the response I was expecting. I'm a little surprised you just own it so completely. You write your own rebuttal. You are a walking advertisement for why climate ... he made a gross mistake. Hey, sounds like TeaPartyWoman, our favorite Fruit Loop on the boards." Read more
Posted 22 days ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

"TeaPartyWoman (still impersonating me as Truthseeker) said: Well now, Mother Nature decided to teach JDC a harsh, cold lesson in humility. Hope he'll learn something from it, but I doubt it. TS: The Fruit Loop TeaPartyWoman is back out of the hospital again... repeating all her old lies. Summary: If it's cold anywhere, it can't be..." Read more
Posted 8 days ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

"N: This is about the jet stream more than anything. TS: Ahhh. You were referring to this, then. http://www.weatheronline.co... It only affects the UK and Northwest Europe. TEaPartyWoman: Lol, what a ... yesterday, today at -8C (tis daytime). TS: Read the last sentence of the LINK, Fruit Loop -- YOU KNOW -- the topic of discussion. HA HA HA" Read more
Posted 1 day ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

"TeapartyWoman: And if you think you don't need to worry anymore, think again. You are far from off the hook. TS: Look Fruit Loop. I have had REAL violent threats against me before -- it was when I went on a conservative forum and rationally listed the reasons why we would not find WMD in Iraq -- ie because they did not exist. It didn't..." Read more
Posted 18 hours ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

"FakeTruthSeeker (previously posting as Despicable)- "Trying to change the subject, Elliot?" EB: Certainly not. Why would I need to change the subject when your post provides such a rich basis for ...same FRUIT LOOP, who said I and another poster HAD to be divorced -- see because Al and Tipper Gore had just announced they were..." Read more
Posted Oct 31, 2011 · 9903 posts in this discussion

"TeaPartyWoman (who took my name Truthseeker to impersonate me) says: Big numbers put out by BPL to confuse. TS: Yes, no surprises that "big numbers" are confusing for the (near) 90 year old Teapartywoman. Actually, ANY numbers are confusing to the proven Fruit Loop who put out a graph 3X screeching she had PROOF the Arctic..." Read more
Posted 23 days ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

"NR to TeaPartyWoman: I asked a simple question. Which you have avoided at all costs. TS: She is a deranged lying (near) 90 year old Fruit Loop Natalie. Totally whacked out AND a bizarre pathological liar. Here is her foul mouth at full force: TeapartyWoman (as Truthseeker) said: >..." Read more
Posted 8 days ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

"TEaPartywoman: Few investigators doubt that the world has warmed recently. Nor that the enhanced "greenhouse effect" of pollution from gases such as carbon dioxide, will warm the planet. But in the ... Fruit Loop who told me she "knew" I was divorced, because Al and Tipper Gore had just gotten a divorce. When I told..." Read more
Posted 7 days ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

"TeaParrtyWoman: Wiki's free edit policies ensures the openness of the internet and not permitting the authorities to only post propoganda on their pages. For example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change TS Real one: HA HA Another example where the Fruit Loop never reads her own citations. (Which is why..." Read more
Posted 21 hours ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

"TeaPartyWoman: My impersonator finally admitted that AGW is NOT science. From another thread: ********************************* Truthseeker ( **Not** TeaPartyWoman) says: LieProducer: "Global warming ... =========================================== TS (Real One): Seems TeapartyWoman thinks clouds and precipitation are the same thing as global warming. Typical for the deranged " Read more
Posted 23 days ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

"DR on TeaPartywoman: In other words, *anything goes*, no matter how absurdly contradictory, as long as it is different from IPCC conclusions. Logic does not apply. Another interesting phenomenon: not ... anything about it. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ TS: TeaPartyWoman is a (near) 90 year old whacked out Fruit " Read more
Posted 20 days ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

"TeaPartyWoman: > What empirical evidence shows you that PDO cycles and the Sun play a larger role than CO2 in climate? TS: HO HO, the Deranged Fruit Loop will take you seriously. Really, I find it humerous you give the ignorant MANIC ANY respect. Like she KNEW dv/dt wasn't calculus even though it was HER test! She said here she's..." Read more
Posted 5 days ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

"TeaPartyWoman: Calling people repetitively "Fruit Loop, deranged, liar, moron, etc" violates both. TS: People as in plural? No -- just to you. And it was in response to YOU calling AGW's killers, and the like. My tone elevated when you screeched I had to be divorced because Al and Tipper Gore were divorced. --I didn't think..." Read more
Posted 13 hours ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

"John D Croft: Check out http://watchingthedeniers.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/met_data1.png It clearly shows that global warming did not end in 1997. In fact HadCRUT3 shows 2010 was the second hottest...lies. I don't say that of TeaPartyWoman -- she is too much of a Fruit Loop for anyone to want to pay her... Looks like she is in..." Read more
Posted 19 days ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

"JGF to ML: In other words, this article states that the habitat range of the studied coral species is moving polewards. This is yet another example of the phenological examples I was providing (birds...: Wow, Just shows how the (near) 90 year old Fruit Loop will take something COMPLETELY out of context in her bizarre deranged world view...." Read more
Posted 14 days ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

"Tea Party Woman (masquerading as TS): > Joshua Feldman: The ignorant don't understand it, perhaps, but it takes a real fool to bombastically post nonsense about statistical correlation which makes it ...??? The Fruit Loop is a few fries short of a Happy Meal." Read more
Posted Nov 7, 2011 · 9903 posts in this discussion

"It isn't "settled" at all. Listen to the scientists!!!! Key sentences: "climate researchers have growing increasingly aware of how little they really know about the natural variability from which they must pick out the "signal" of human influence." "We got a lot of static from within IPCC, from people who wanted to water down and delete some of those caveats...." Read more
Posted Jan 6, 2012 · 9903 posts in this discussion

"John McClain: "And you show ZERO evidence for your views -- That makes you an ANTI-science ideologue. You still haven't told me if which right wing ideologue you are getting your distortions and lies from == there are so many of them that are clones of the likes of Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck" TeapartyWoman: WELL SAID! TS: That was me he was quoting here. So THANKS for the..." Read more
Posted 17 days ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

"TeaPartyWoman Hey clown, is the below "right-wing" too? I have saved the text in case you engage in further information censorship to cover-up zero-science climate fups of the past. http://www.ipcc.ch... falls in a group of 257 patients (Smith et al., 1998b TS(Real One) -- Only YOU are the right winger, Manic Fruit Loop. Of..." Read more
Posted 14 days ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

"EB: "No, that's you. Spencer's data says it hasn't been especially cold. As we keep telling you" You can keep telling us but that's a lie! As PapaSmuref posted Spencer's data and the truth is revealed...pattern. And these have been compared with physical events -- Satellites show glaciers are melting around the world == with the RATE in the Arctic being of special concern. The " Read more
Posted 21 hours ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

"Joshua on TeaPartyWoman: So taking this detail out of context is a quote mine. It makes Fred Pearce look shady out of context. In full context of his public article he appears courageous and factual. I wondered, did Tea Party Woman not read the full e-mail? Did she "inherit" the quote mine dishonesty from another poster. In the end it doesn't matter..." Read more
Posted 20 days ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

"BPL quoting pseudo science: "The earth's climate system is warmed by 35 C due to the emission of downward infrared radiation... " Doesn't he mean 'cooled', since without an atmosphere the earth's ... have just disproved global warming ... like the (near_ 90 year old uneducated Fruit Loop Teapartywoman has done. I kept one of..." Read more
Posted 17 days ago · 9903 posts in this discussion

.... many more

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 11:34:19 AM PST
Truthseeker says:
Dear Amazon Complaints Department,

I have posted a formal complaint against the poster in the Amazon forums with the id TreeHugger, who has continually violated the following Amazon rules:
- Repeated unwelcome messages that harass or embarrass other customers or participants

Please find the evidence below - only a sample of more than 50 repetitive posts of harassment with this repeat-post alone.
There are plenty of other posts where similar tactics of smear (repetitively calling me liar, deranged, 90-year old, senile, etc)

Thanks to please take the necessary action to stop this kind of harassment / blatant personal attacks on the Amazon forums.

===========================================================================================================================

In "Yet more evidence of global warming", Treehugger© said:
"wow! quoting from The Worldwatch Institute and The State of the World 2006 report. Environmentalists organizations and books. I am proud of you. not really" Read more
Posted Jun 18, 2011 · 8337 posts in this discussion
Found in: Politics forum

"Despicable: 13.1% less corn and 21.4% less... says: The Worldwatch Institute said China and India, with their booming economies, along with the United States, are the three planetary forces that are shaping the global biosphere.[3] The State of the World 2006 report said the two countries' high economic growth exposed the reality of..." Read more
Posted Aug 16, 2011 · 8337 posts in this discussion

In "Man Made Global Warming News", Treehugger© said:
"like I said....insane...... Despicable: 13.1% less corn and 21.4% less... says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overconsumption "Economic Growth The Worldwatch Institute said China and India, with their booming economies, along with the United States, are the three planetary forces that are shaping the global biosphere.[3] The State of..." Read more
Posted Oct 9, 2011 · 3515 posts in this discussion

"I am actually debating with Despicable who wrote this: Despicable: 13.1% less corn and 21.4% less (as Al Gore)... says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overconsumption "Economic Growth The Worldwatch Institute said China and India, with their booming economies, along with the United States, are the three planetary forces that are..." Read more
Posted Oct 9, 2011 · 3515 posts in this discussion

"TruthSeeker (Genuine version) says: The Worldwatch Institute said China and India, with their booming economies, along with the United States, are the three planetary forces that are shaping the global biosphere.[3] The State of the World 2006 report said the two countries' high economic growth exposed the reality of severe pollution...." Read more
Posted Oct 16, 2011 · 3515 posts in this discussion

"Initial post: Oct 23, 2010 11:00:48 PM PDT TruthSeeker (not' Genuine version) ( playing the part of Al Gore )says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overconsumption "Economic Growth The Worldwatch Institute said China and India, with their booming economies, along with the United States, are the three planetary forces that are shaping..." Read more
Posted Oct 14, 2011 · 3515 posts in this discussion

"TruthSeeker (Genuine version) says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overconsumption "Economic Growth The Worldwatch Institute said China and India, with their booming economies, along with the United States, are the three planetary forces that are shaping the global biosphere.[3] The State of the World 2006 report said the two..." Read more
Posted Oct 16, 2011 · 3515 posts in this discussion

In "James Hansen admits: Climate skeptics are winning the argument over global warming", Treehugger© said:
"Initial post: Oct 23, 2010 11:00:48 PM PDT TruthSeeker (not' Genuine version) ( playing the part of Al Gore )says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overconsumption "Economic Growth The Worldwatch Institute said China and India, with their booming economies, along with the United States, are the three planetary forces that are shaping..." Read more
Posted Oct 14, 2011 · 459 posts in this discussion

In "Global warming is nothing but a hoax and a scare tactic", Treehugger© said:
"So TPW, when your handle was 'AL Gore' you wrote the following as though it was the real Al Gore's thoughts....do you still feel this way? The Worldwatch Institute said China and India, with their booming economies, along with the United States, are the three planetary forces that are shaping the global biosphere.[3] The State of the..." Read more
Posted Dec 22, 2011 · 9894 posts in this discussion

"among the many names 'Truthseeker' has used, Al Gore was one of them. The following is what she wrote as if Al Gore was saying it....we called her Alice Gore at the time....... An old post of Al(ice) Gore Al Gore says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overconsumption "Economic Growth The Worldwatch Institute said China and India, with..." Read more
Posted Dec 25, 2011 · 9894 posts in this discussion

"among the many names 'Truthseeker' has used, Al Gore was one of them. The following is what she wrote as if Al Gore was saying it....we called her Alice Gore at the time....... An old post of Al(ice) Gore Al Gore says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overconsumption "Economic Growth The Worldwatch Institute said China and India, with..." Read more
Posted Dec 25, 2011 · 9894 posts in this discussion

"among the many names 'Truthseeker'/ Teapartywoman has used, Al Gore was one of them. The following is what she wrote as if Al Gore was saying it....we called her Alice Gore at the time....... An old post of Al(ice) Gore/Truthseeker'/ Teapartywoman Al Gore says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overconsumption "Economic Growth The Worldwatch " Read more
Posted Jan 3, 2012 · 9894 posts in this discussion

"88.35 / 0.000390 = 226,538 says: The Worldwatch Institute said China and India, with their booming economies, along with the United States, are the three planetary forces that are shaping the global biosphere.[3] The State of the World 2006 report said the two countries' high economic growth exposed the reality of severe pollution. The..." Read more
Posted Jun 12, 2011 · 8337 posts in this discussion

In "Apparantly, Global Warming is Contagious-Mars, Jupiter etc, too!", Treehugger© said:
"88.35 / 0.000390 = 226,538 says: The Worldwatch Institute said China and India, with their booming economies, along with the United States, are the three planetary forces that are shaping the global biosphere.[3] The State of the World 2006 report said the two countries' high economic growth exposed the reality of severe pollution. The..." Read more
Posted Jun 12, 2011 · 665 posts in this discussion

"Initial post: Oct 23, 2010 11:00:48 PM PDT 88.35 / 0.000390 = 226,538 says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overconsumption "Economic Growth The Worldwatch Institute said China and India, with their booming economies, along with the United States, are the three planetary forces that are shaping the global biosphere.[3] The State of the..." Read more
Posted Jun 18, 2011 · 8337 posts in this discussion

In "Global Warming: A convenient untruth - Part II", Treehugger© said:
"Initial post: Oct 23, 2010 11:00:48 PM PDT Despicable: 13.1% less corn and 21.4% less... says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overconsumption "Economic Growth The Worldwatch Institute said China and India, with their booming economies, along with the United States, are the three planetary forces that are shaping the global..." Read more
Posted Jun 24, 2011 · 3006 posts in this discussion

"Despicable: 13.1% less corn and 21.4% less... says: The Worldwatch Institute said China and India, with their booming economies, along with the United States, are the three planetary forces that are shaping the global biosphere.[3] The State of the World 2006 report said the two countries' high economic growth exposed the reality of..." Read more

"Despicable, formerly 'Al Gore" formerly "Tea Party Woman" and who know what else wrote the following. In the following passage she poses as the real AL Gore and tries to convey what the real AL Gore has as his agenda.............. Al Gore (again Despicable posing as Al Gore) says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overconsumption "Economic Growth The " Read more
Posted Jul 26, 2011 · 8337 posts in this discussion

"Despicable, formerly 'Al Gore" formerly "Tea Party Woman" and who know what else wrote the following. In the following passage she poses as the real AL Gore and tries to convey what the real AL Gore has as his agenda.............. Al Gore (again Despicable posing as Al Gore) says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overconsumption "Economic Growth The " Read more
Posted Jul 26, 2011 · 8337 posts in this discussion

In "If cold weather in the winter proves global warming is a hoax, does hot weather in the summer prove it's legit?", Treehugger© said:
"Global Warming: A convenient untruth - Part II Initial post: Oct 23, 2010 11:00:48 PM PDT Despicable: 13.1% less corn and 21.4% less... says: [You are ignoring this customer's posts. Hide post again. (Show all ignored posts)] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overconsumption "Economic Growth The Worldwatch Institute said China and India,..." Read more
Posted Aug 19, 2011 · 159 posts in this discussion

In "If cold weather in the winter proves global warming is a hoax, does hot weather in the summer prove it's legit?", Treehugger© said:
"below is an old posting that Despicable wrote. She called herself 'Al Gore' for a period of several weeks and this is her initial post, again playing the part of the real former president elect Al ...again. (Show all ignored posts)] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overconsumption "Economic Growth The Worldwatch Institute said China and..." Read more
Posted Aug 20, 2011 · 159 posts in this discussion

"below is an old posting that Despicable wrote. She called herself 'Al Gore' for a period of several weeks and this is her initial post, again playing the part of the real former president elect Al ...again. (Show all ignored posts)] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overconsumption "Economic Growth The Worldwatch Institute said China and..." Read more
Posted Aug 20, 2011 · 8337 posts in this discussion

"the gift that keeps giving........... below is an old posting that Despicable wrote. She called herself 'Al Gore' for a period of several weeks and this is her initial post, again playing the part...customer's posts. Hide post again. (Show all ignored posts)] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overconsumption "Economic Growth The Worldwatch " Read more
Posted Aug 21, 2011 · 8337 posts in this discussion

"below is an old posting that Despicable wrote. She called herself 'Al Gore' for a period of several weeks and this is her initial post, again playing the part of the real former president elect Al Gore: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overconsumption "Economic Growth The Worldwatch Institute said China and India, with their booming..." Read more
Posted Aug 19, 2011 · 159 posts in this discussion

Posted Aug 24, 2011 · 8337 posts in this discussion

Posted Aug 25, 2011 · 8337 posts in this discussion

Posted Aug 20, 2011 · 9894 posts in this discussion

.... many more

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 12:01:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2012 12:01:37 PM PST
Reality is created by the craziest person in the room.

How about we just argue climate science and stop the endless cutting and pasting of insulting posts?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 12:12:25 PM PST
Truthseeker says:
Joshua, as one of the few pro-AGW posters who does not generally engage in personal attacks and cold-denial (in fact on the latter, you are the only one), you are welcome in my thread on the science fiction forum to debate the subject.

As to this thread, I shall not participate or bite. I will let the thread have happy AGWers slapping each other on their backs until they get bored and let the thread die, and will only post sometimes when dishonest personal attacks against me are made.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 12:12:50 PM PST
Mark Leberer says:
Truthseeker ( **Not** TeaPartyWoman) says ..."Really, you want to argue the checks they receive from the government (local, state, or federal) has cash any different than from a paycheck in the private industry?..

Duh... of course they are different, fundamentally different. The paycheck from private enterprise creates goods or services for profit (or loss but not for long). Government jobs are always at a loss and never for profit. They are a net loss because it required 10 or more hard-working free-enterprise jobs to provide the money to fund those government checks.

The ideological advantage is the survival benefit that accrues from knowing 'big government' is a drag on any economy... an economic boat anchor... Europe is failing as a Social Democratic experiment exactly because of this truth...if it were not so, the Greek government could continue to spend ad infinitum... but the axiom all economic conservatives know to be scientifically true is '...Socialism and big government works...until you run out of other peoples money..." ... it's those other people money that funds those paycheck... It seems to me this would be obvious to a true economic 'truth seeker' .... but admittedly may not be obvious to a Climatologist who wants to use other peoples money to fund their publicly funded pet research projects...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 4:10:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2012 4:13:50 PM PST
Truthseeker ( **Not** TeaPartyWoman) says ..."Really, you want to argue the checks they receive from the government (local, state, or federal) has cash any different than from a paycheck in the private industry?..

ML: Duh... of course they are different, fundamentally different. The paycheck from private enterprise creates goods or services for profit (or loss but not for long). Government jobs are always at a loss and never for profit. They are a net loss because it required 10 or more hard-working free-enterprise jobs to provide the money to fund those government checks..

TS: Wow, you let your ideology trump reality every time.
Economics 101 very simply views the economy's goods and services as broken down into 3 sectors

-- Consumer expenditure
-- Business expenditures
-- Government (public sector) expenditures

where the term expenditures encompasses expenses + investments (assets).

GDP is the sum of expenditures in all 3 sectors. One sector doesn't have any greater weight than the other. It is a simple sum.

Goods and services are produced in the public and private sector. I already gave you the example of the military. The same applies to park rangers, police/fire protection, the national weather service, space exploration, and the list goes on and on.

I live in northern Virginia, and occassionally go to Wolf Trap -- it is 100% owned and operated by the National Park service. And I pay money for the performances, and it is not cheap (unless you sit on the lawn I suppose.)

All of the above could be sold out to private businesses.

--Let's take the military or the police. They would now have to charge a business fee for those who participate, instead of charging taxes for these goods and services.

Since the customer pays either the fee or a tax, not any difference. The fee or tax pays for either the government payroll and other expenditures OR business payroll and other expenditures.

What is the difference?

On the one hand, governments don't make a profit, so this should reduce the cost to the customer.

Of course, corporations have the advantage of being more efficient (where I define this as producing more value for the cost.) That is what capitalism is really about.

-- where there are a large number of suppliers these will compete with each other and must be efficient to survive,
-- however, where there are oligopoles and monopolies, these tend to be inefficient, and can as ineffiencet or even more that government run entities providing goods and services.

Another reason for government running services is to ensure the public interest is protected. For example, if military contractors running the entire military might let their personal ambitions trump the public interest in military protection. And just as important, research and development is using done by the government, because competing corporations may not be able to afford it -- that's what NASA was initially about.

So your post is really all scrambled up. No surprises your finance knowledge is as poor as your science. Both suffer from letting fantasy based on how you think your ideology should work.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 4:18:20 PM PST
TeaPartyWoman Joshua, as one of the few pro-AGW posters who does not generally engage in personal attacks and cold-denial (in fact on the latter, you are the only one), you are welcome in my thread on the science fiction forum to debate the subject.

TS: True. And you do well to recognize Joshua as one of the most respected posters on this forum.

But look how your lying posts were too much for him.
They reflect on you, not him. Maybe you should consider seriously what he states.

=========================
PREVIOUS POSTS

TeaPartyWoman (impersonating under my name "Truthseeker)

: <<Correct, but tell yourself WHY the government subsidies of corn genocide were only approved in the 2000s, why there was an explosion of food ethanol production never seen before? The answer is the openng provided by the despicable fraud of AGW "saving the planet".>>

============================================================

Joshua Feldman::

<<I'm no expert on the politics of corn ethanol subsidies - but experience has taught me that virtually every verifiable statement you post on this thread is factually incorrect. This statement looked wrong- so I briefly looked this up and it certainly looks to be completely incorrect:

evidence....

So, once again, you just say whatever pops into your head. Actually looking it up shows, yet again, that you are a serial liar when it comes to factual arguments. Subsidies for corn ethanol production are ending. Government support for corn ethanol production is 40 years old and was tied primarily to the issue of energy independence from imported petroleum - as I previously said. This isn't about AGW and to use it to attempt to tie AGW theory to starvation in the Third World is factually incorrect and morally reprehensible.>>

http://www.amazon.com/forum/science/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxZ58KVEERYS5E&cdMsgNo=5800&cdPage=232&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx2CCMMV84CN7RO&cdMsgID=Mx89CPULUXO2C2#Mx89CPULUXO2C2

================================================

TPW: <<"Show me where you acknowledge you were wrong and I will apologize for pulling this up. Defend it, however, and the gloves stay off."
<<I just did. I just said I was wrong to say r(squared) = 100%. You are absolutely right to say that when r(squared) = 100%, there are no residuals.>>

Don't quote me out of context. I said:
JGF: <<I've never seen you acknowledge your errors. You just reiterated your Krakatoa error. Do you acknowledge your error in tallying "Y"s and "N"s?
I make errors sometimes myself. I make it a point of honor to acknowledge them right away. Show me where you acknowledge you were wrong and I will apologize for pulling this up. Defend it, however, and the gloves stay off.>>

The acknowledgement demanded was specifically the laughable businesses of making a spreadsheet and marking a "Y" if temps went up over the previous year and a "N" if temps went down from the previous year and then tallying the "Y"s and "N"s and calculating a simple percentage and then implying that the percentage of "N"s is some kind of issue for AGW theory. It's completely wrong and you know it and you should acknowledge it. You have attempted to call my having cited your post from 1 year and 3 months ago "shameful" (while incorrectly saying it was "from 2 years ago") - implying that you've moved on. If you have really moved on, please speak to the issue at hand.

The fact that you've attempted to move the issue of concession of this point to a different point is disingenuous.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/science/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxZ58KVEERYS5E&cdMsgNo=5327&cdPage=214&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx2CCMMV84CN7RO&cdMsgID=Mx3IPFWL5SOM414#Mx3IPFWL5SOM414

and just before that:
TPW: <<"BTW - this is factually incorrect. If r2=100% there are no residuals to analyze. Just for the record."
OK, a little exagerration on my part. I meant 99%. Based on sample size, there could be outliers which would blow a hole in the least-squares assumption and thus blow the "correlation" out of the window.>>

Joshua Feldman: And an incorrect concession at that. r2=99% cannot have an invalid pattern of residuals at the sample size we are discussing here (the GISS) - either. Here's your homework: calculate the actual minimal r2 value for the GISS for which it is mathematically demonstrably possible to have a residuals vs fits problem. I think you'll find you have an issue right away in that there is no mathematically rigorous criteria for judging a residuals problem per se. The issue with residuals in context dependent and the issue is more acute the more identifiable the pattern in the residuals. This is a clue - and it's yet another nail in the coffin of your argument.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 4:22:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2012 5:04:05 PM PST
TeaPartywoman: Dear Amazon Complaints Department,

I have posted a formal complaint against the poster in the Amazon forums with the id TreeHugger, who has continually violated the following Amazon rules:

=======================

TS: Teapartywoman again tries to accuse others of what she is guilty of 100X:
AND MUCH MORE@!

-- promoting violent or illegal behavior (as you did with the Occupy movement),
--libeling people (as you did with Barton because his Wiki entry showed he was a Christian -- and you ignored the sections showing he was published in peer reviewed SCIENCE journals, stating the opposite!),
--and of course the NASTY impersonation of me that went on for months!

TeaPartyWoman is starting her own complaint =-- as a SMOKE SCREEN!

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 6:19:27 PM PST
If you live in Alaska, as I have for 37 years, global warming is real. Sea ice is thinning, melting, disappearing. Temperatures are rising. Summers are longer. Winters are milder. Growing season is longer. Forest fires more widespread. Coastlines are eroding. Permafrost is melting. Polar bears are threatened because of loss of sea ice....their floor.
1) most recognize that global warming and climate change, along with extreme weather events, is real, based on the evidence.
2) we know that our greenhouse gas levels have never before been as high as they are now, and we know through science that there is a direct correlation between greenhouse gases and higher temperatures based on the evidence of ice core samples and climate history over thousands of years.
3) we know that man is responsible for much of the ballooning of greenhouse gas emissions since the Industrial Revolution to date. This is basic CO2 science --- just look at the graphs.
4) Even if the naysayers don't want to attribute global warming to man's actions, shouldn't we proceed with caution, be conservative, reduce our greenhouse gases, based on the fact that we are experiencing unprecedented, rapid, climate change? And that our C02 levels are the highest ever? And we know there is a correlation between temperature and greenhouse gases? Just to be safe, shouldn't we err on the side of caution? We have one earth and one atmosphere that we all share. As a global community we need to do all we can to protect that atmosphere vs. mucking it up. The increased use of clean, renewable energy is the right path to take for the planet and our atmosphere.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 6:55:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2012 6:16:53 AM PST
Debbie:

4) Even if the naysayers don't want to attribute global warming to man's actions, shouldn't we proceed with caution, be conservative, reduce our greenhouse gases, based on the fact that we are experiencing unprecedented, rapid, climate change? And that our C02 levels are the highest ever? And we know there is a correlation between temperature and greenhouse gases? Just to be safe, shouldn't we err on the side of caution? We have one earth and one atmosphere that we all share. As a global community we need to do all we can to protect that atmosphere vs. mucking it up. The increased use of clean, renewable energy is the right path to take for the planet and our atmosphere.

TS: Our conservatives say their ideology trumps science. And they can always point to another hard right/Libertarian ideologue (about 3% of climatologists) AND there are LOTS of right wing misinformation sites (with funding by oil/coal/utility companies)

See--conservatives/Libertarians have brilliantly reasoned taking action now against global warming could raise their taxes or utility bills. And to them, What could be scarier than that?
Therefore the science doesn't exist -- by fiat. Their ideology won't allow anything to happen see.

[Of course that didn't help the banking crisis ==with conservatives like McCain insisting the fundamentals were sound. But see that's all forgotten now too. ]

Take care, Debbie and thanks for your post.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 7:46:16 PM PST
Mark Leberer says:
Truthseeker says ..."One sector doesn't have any greater weight than the other. It is a simple sum.

Goods and services are produced in the public and private sector. I already gave you the example of the military. The same applies to park rangers, police/fire protection, the national weather service, space exploration, and the list goes on and on."

There you go again....thinking exactly like a liberal. Thinking the Government sector contributes like the private sector.. but nothing could be further from the truth. Government spending occurs based on revenue gleaned from the private sector in the form of taxes. Your example is a perfect one.. the government has no rational role in using taxpayer money to fund the Wolf trap... or Planned Parenthood, or half the hair-brained NSF basic research grants they fund....nor Solyndra (which is where we started this conversation some posts ago).

Now to return the discussion regarding Solar, I suppose you think the proper role of government is to make investment with taxpayer money in Solyndra type scams.... I don't. Military and police are legitimate expenditures of tax monies.. Solyndra is not...

Please tell us how Solyndra fits into your view of the proper role of government....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 8:23:12 PM PST
We know. Even Sarah "knew" until her handlers in the McCain campaign said as their draw to the wingnuts she should agree with everything the Teabaggers were told to believe each week. Then she suddenly discovered Alaska should pay millions to cherrypick data to show polar bears weren't impacted by the loss of the Arctic ice and weren't moving south.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 9:30:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2012 9:31:02 PM PST
A customer says:
It's too late, Vader. We've been hitting the Abuse button on you in real-time now for months. No-one's going to be in any doubt who initiated the exchange of abuse.

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 12:50:49 AM PST
Treehugger© says:
pages 185-186 of Censoring Science: Inside the Political Attack on Dr. James Hansen and the Truth of Global Warming
(by Mark Bowen)..........

It also seems that Crichton is the only expert George W. Bush himself has personally consulted on the climate issue. In a refreshingly candid manifestation of the faith the president placed in fiction rather than fact, the two held a private meeting at the White House in 2005, arranged by Karl Rove, during which they reportedly "talked for an hour and were in total agreement" on climate "science."

The truth is that in the article in the Journal of Geophysical Research that formed the basis for Jim [Hansen]'s 1988 testimony and in the oral and written testimony itself, he presented three scenarios for future greenhouse emissions and their effect upon global temperatures. One he described as" on the high side of reality"; a second on the low side, since it is assumed "a more drastic curtailment of emissions than has generally been imagined", and a third, between the two (business as usual), that he characterized as "most plausible." Dr. Crichton (an M.D.) simply ignored the second and third scenarios and presented the scenario that Jim had labeled as implausibly high as his "prediction."

Crichton also chose to ignore the fact that with eighteen additional years of warming under our belts, Jim Hansen's business-as-usual scenario was proven to be spot-on.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 12:55:44 AM PST
A customer says:
Treehugger© - "Dr. Crichton (an M.D.) simply ignored the second and third scenarios and presented the scenario that Jim had labeled as implausibly high as his 'prediction.'"

Hmm. Not the only person prone to this brand of selectivity, I must observe.

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 1:01:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2012 1:04:47 AM PST
Treehugger© says:
I was reluctant to start reading this book because it is about the killing off of entire species in Canada starting when white people came. Its all old history because it happened so long ago. I was amazed to read that the Polar Bear (which was called the White Bear etc) actually was found in Newfoundland as well as 100's of mile south of James Bay. People at first paid little attention to them. They would come up and take fish from you. Eventually they were killed for their furs so they were wiped out except of course for the ones on the Arctic Ocean.

Sea of Slaughter (The Farley Mowat Series)

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 1:06:30 AM PST
A customer says:
Let's just pick it up from before, then, only without the ranting and raving:

"Over 500 people dead in Europe alone, thousands more in hospital with severe frostbite. "

It might be worth mentioning that there were several severe Winters in the 1960s where about 20,000 people died in Britain in each instance. Excess mortality during extreme weather is routinely elevated. A single data point provides no context. 500 deaths across several weeks is meaningless as a measure of change without the historical data for the same period. The same applies to isolated temperatures. What's the seasonal average? What's the distribution? Where else are records being set?

This is the sort of context usually missing in lay discussions, but which climate science studies in detail.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 1:41:56 AM PST
ML: ..but then we know governments do not create jobs... not even subsidized solar jobs as in Spain... private enterprise in a free market economy is what creates jobs and the government taxes from those jobs is given to the government to fund the government jobs ..... making the government a net consumer of jobs. Government consumes or requires on the order of 10 free enterprise jobs (and their tax revenue) for every government 'job'... Liberals or community activists with little or no free enterprise experience seem bewildered by this truth...

BPL: Probably because it's not a "truth." Any government-created job that is more labor-intensive than the national average adds to net jobs. Period.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 1:43:22 AM PST
CV: didn't find any regarding Michael Crichton's novel - "State of Fear".

BPL: It's pretty much garbage. Crichton did go to the trouble of talking to climatologists before writing it, but the ones he talked to invariably said, afterward, that he ignored or didn't understand what they said.

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 1:46:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2012 2:01:01 AM PST
A customer says:
The Milan station is showing a normal range of -3°C to 9°C for this date. Historic records span a range of -9°C to 16°C. Yesterday's temperatures covered [edited] 3.3°C to 12.3°C. Looks like the soon-to-be-departed reintarnation of Mug Wump formerly known as Tea Party Woman didn't even manage to pick the right Milan.

The real Milan:
http://www.wunderground.com/NORMS/DisplayNORMS.asp?AirportCode=LIMC&SafeCityName=Milan&StateCode=&Units=none&IATA=WUI

A different Milan:
http://www.wunderground.com/US/MI/Milan.html

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 1:47:11 AM PST
ML: '...Socialism and big government works...until you run out of other peoples money..." ... it's those other people money that funds those paycheck... It seems to me this would be obvious to a true economic 'truth seeker' .... but admittedly may not be obvious to a Climatologist who wants to use other peoples money to fund their publicly funded pet research projects...

BPL: The phrase is of course is from the late Margaret Thatcher, right-winger, economic conservative--and sane person. With a professional degree in chemistry, she accepted the scientific consensus. She was instrumental in making the Montreal Protocol which banned CFCs succeed, and was quite clear that global warming is real, man-made, and an enormous threat. So she's not the best example to use to back up your pseudoscience, conspiracy-theory views on global warming.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 1:48:02 AM PST
A customer says:
BPL: "Probably because it's not a 'truth.'"

Quite. It is an article of faith.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 1:49:06 AM PST
A very good summary, Debbie. Thanks for posting.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 1:49:54 AM PST
ML: Government spending occurs based on revenue gleaned from the private sector in the form of taxes.

BPL: And business spending occurs based on revenue gleaned from the private sector in the form of sales.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science forum
Participants:  130
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 19, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions