Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Iron Maiden $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Science forum

I'm Evolutionists Worst Nightmare !

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 659 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 12, 2013 9:38:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2013 10:47:54 PM PDT
TrueVerdicts says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 9:51:01 PM PDT
Let us know when you begin using logic.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:07:40 PM PDT
TrueVerdicts says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:09:02 PM PDT
noman says:
RE: "We can start with what is a 'thought'? Is there atom in there?"

See how a fish thinks! Incredible video that shows a thought swimming through the brain of a Zebrafish

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2272094/See-fish-thinks-Incredible-video-shows-thought-swimming-brain-Zebrafish.html#ixzz2NOhAeECk

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:09:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2013 11:10:23 PM PDT
Re TrueVerdicts, 2d above: Indeed, we will not: the question of "what is a thought" (a) is about as interesting as yesterday's coffee, and (b) has nothing to do with evolution.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:10:21 PM PDT
noman says:
RE: "physical is versus extraphysical"

**There is nothing "extraphysical" in science. Science deals with the material universe.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 11:15:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2013 7:24:58 AM PDT
J. Potter says:
You are indeed every rational person's worst--and all-too-common--nightmare: an irrational loon.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:26:59 PM PDT
TrueVerdicts says:

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:27:28 PM PDT
TrueVerdicts says:

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:31:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2013 11:38:15 PM PDT
TrueVerdicts says:

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:34:25 PM PDT
TrueVerdicts says:

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:34:27 PM PDT
noman says:
I call POE! However, before I hit the IGNORE button...

RE: "And how ironic of you to state (under the basis that Evolution occurred) that a Human 'thought' has nothing to do with Evolution. You can't be serious!"

**Human thought *has* nothing to do with evolution, in the same way "human thought" has nothing to do with thermodynamics. The universe is entirely indifferent to human thought and human existence and material processes (such as evolution or thermodynamics) are independent of Homo sap.

Oh...science is not a matter of debate. It's entirely empirical.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:36:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2013 11:36:31 PM PDT
"We can start with what is a 'thought'? Is there atom in there?"

How about we start with intelligible, lucid grammar instead.

You aren't a nightmare... more of a boil, or possibly a rash.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:39:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2013 11:42:15 PM PDT
noman says:
RE: "TrueVerdicts says:
Please pose a thesis of your own. I am not impressed by intellectuals but by intelligent minds. I'm sure you're intelligent."

1) I call POE
2) Not interested in philosophy. I deal with the real world. I suggest you try the philosophy or religion forums. They don't insist on results .
3) Thought is entirely a matter of neurobiology, as evidenced by the real time brain scan of a fish. Homo sap. brains and fish brains are, fundamentally, the same. Nothing immaterial in fish brains nor in Homo sap. For more detail, I suggest you learn how to do a literature search.
4) And IGNORE..again.

EDIT: had to refresh the page for IGNORE to work.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:48:21 PM PDT
TrueVerdicts says:

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:51:28 PM PDT
TrueVerdicts says:

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 11:58:29 PM PDT
J. Potter says:
Never have I seen such an irresistable invitation! OK, OK, you win. I'm here for the duration.

Please, do continue to cantilever off of your OP. As you say, this is your discussion. It had the scent of insanity (you were going to undermine the validity of science by questioning the nature of thought?!? Any such inquiry would do wonders for religious .... thought (heh)), and I'd like to inhale the full bouquet.

PS--plenty of words beginning with 'C' would have worked there, but "conducive" wasn't one of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 12:00:21 AM PDT
TrueVerdicts says:
You would love to exclude a Human's "thought" from the realm of Evolution; yet, you would claim that Humans evolved. I think this leaves room for some intelligible explanation.

Or do you not claim that Humans evolved?

And please answer the questions: What is a thought? Is there atom in there?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 12:06:06 AM PDT
TrueVerdicts says:

Posted on Mar 13, 2013 2:03:56 AM PDT
David Félix says:
"I'm Evolution's Worst Nightmare !"

I thought that was the banana...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 3:35:35 AM PDT
Gwaithmir says:
In regard to the OP, I've seen no threat (nightmare) to evolutionary theory, thus far, but only the senseless ramblings of a buffoon.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 4:02:18 AM PDT
Juscz says:
Precisely, Gwaithmir.

Juscz

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 6:08:46 AM PDT
Well, we have now established that your editing/grammar skills are on par with your logic and science. Thanks for clearing that up.

Any other inadequacies you'd like to divulge?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 6:24:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2013 6:29:11 AM PDT
In case you hadn't noticed, a discussion is not a piece of property to be owned. It is a process, and once you birth it, it lives on all by itself, and goes its own way.

You don't get to disinvited anybody. You don't get to control anything. You just have to take your lumps, and live with the sullied reputation you are so obviously aiming for--although, for the life of me, I couldn't even hazard a guess as to why you'd lay yourself out there like this, what with the flimsy or non-existent debating skills you possess. You're like a karaoke singer who just doesn't hear how out of tune his own voice is, and barrels ahead, anyway.

Good luck trying to get rid of people you disagree with. Good luck trying to get yes votes here on the science forum with your foolish, philosophical half-thoughts you try to pass off as profound. Good luck with claims of your greater intellect. I guess you're just "too smart" to understand how that plays.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 7:15:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2013 7:24:01 AM PDT
J. Potter says:
Please keep asking if "is there atom in there?" ..... please? It reminds me of "I can has cheeseburger" and "all your bases are belong to us" ... it's like a science-y version!

Sure, I'll answer your question. A thought is a biochemical exchange, of course it involves atoms. Yes, the capacity for thought is an evolved characteristic. (I heard of a fascinating experiment the other day, involving mice whose brains had been shot up with human glial cells, which gave them a noticeable intelligence boost).

Of course, thought, in a collective, conceptual sense is often talked about as having 'evolved'. As in "Human thinking on the subject of [whatever] has evolved since the [some past event]."

So, TV .... what is your point again? Please elaborate. If anyone can pick up the ball for him and advance, please do. Or, perhaps in honor of his fine OP, let's launch a discussion of neuroscience.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science forum
Participants:  49
Total posts:  659
Initial post:  Mar 12, 2013
Latest post:  Apr 7, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions