Customer Discussions > Science forum

Our military is putting all of our lives at risk. And not only in battle.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 120 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 25, 2012 2:12:10 PM PDT
J. Kinsell says:
On November 10, 1991, military scientists created the first artificial aurora borealis, over Texas. It was seen as far away as Ohio, Utah, Nebraska. It was a consequence of Project H.I.P.A.S. (High Power Aurora Stimulation). I am seriously afraid of the unintended consequences (denied and/or sidetracked by the perpetrators) of tinkering with our life support system in pursuit of new weaponry.

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 2:22:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 25, 2012 2:39:49 PM PDT
Rev. Otter says:
i am skeptical of this claim. HIPAS was a joint effort between UAF and UCLA from 1986 thru 2008 (give or take).

it's been shut down for some time, and its equipment auctioned off.

http://www.newsminer.com/view/full_story/6804742/article-HIPAS-Observatory-auction-a-treasure-trove-of-technology-throwbacks--quirky-equipment-?instance=home_lead_story

got a source/reference/link for any military involvement? :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 3:32:51 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 8:21:37 AM PDT
J. Kinsell says:
Otter: Try HAARP for a google keyword.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 9:36:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2012 9:54:40 AM PDT
Rev. Otter says:
i already did, and didn't find anything like what you're claiming.

in fact i found this, which *directly* contradicts every claim in the OP (it wasn't "military", an aurora wasn't created, the existing aurora certainly wasn't over Texas, and the time-frame is over a decade later than you indicate) :

http://www.livescience.com/124-artificial-neon-sky-show-created.html

so i'll ask again -- do you have *anything* to support your assertions, anything at all?

or do you want me to Google more disproof? :)

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 9:41:31 AM PDT
Rev. Otter says:
[full disclosure -- i'm Alaskan, i'm on a few aurora-watch notification lists, and i get to see several every year with my own eyes.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 11:22:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2012 1:14:54 PM PDT
Angel says:
J. Kinsell says:
Otter: Try HAARP for a google keyword.

***Not just our military! Tesla technology is utilized by several countries.

Why single out HAARP? If you've read the book "HAARP," by Jerry E. Smith, ISBN Number: 0-932813-53-4, you will find Russia has its version too, more commonly referred to as "The Russian Woodpecker Project."

http://www.itwillpass.com/nwo_weather_altering_2.shtml

As well, Japan, France, Germany, Sweden and the UK have their collective version of HAARP in Ramfjordmoen, Norway known as EISCAT.

Best,

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 1:42:17 PM PDT
J. Kinsell says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 4:24:59 PM PDT
Rev. Otter says:
i understand your both your premise and your point.

but since your "artificial aurora" example isn't true in reality, your premise is totally unsupported and thus your point is moot.

have a great weekend. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 11:12:45 AM PDT
Jeff Marzano says:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 11:54:25 AM PDT
Angel says:
J. Kinsell says:
Angel: Thank you for continuing to provide source. My only reason for enterintg into a discussion of this nature is because we, especially in the U.S. exhibit our hubris about phenomena we don't even begin to understand. Who, except those in DARPA who get paid handsomely for their forays into esoteric "science" needs the results of such reckless experimentation with the environment which affects all mankind? If there must be war, let guns and bullets reign supreme and alone.

***Unfortunately, mankind has no voice in matters such as these.

Best,

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 12:08:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 27, 2012 12:15:25 PM PDT
Angel says:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 12:23:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 27, 2012 12:25:48 PM PDT
Angel says:
andthehorseirodeinontoo? says:

not as dangerous as the krapp the greenies are forcing us to do for alleged global warming

***Both sides have their own agenda; yet, I find it difficult to believe either party has our welfare in mind. Our = Humanity

I've still not seen Phil Valentine's movie, concerning a global warming scam, titled "An Inconsistent Truth." Maybe it will be out on DVD soon.

Best,

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 12:58:06 PM PDT
Jeff Marzano says:

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 2:21:53 PM PDT
J. Kinsell says:

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 2:25:49 PM PDT
J. Kinsell says:
There is an old saying when small groups of people try to either degunk a theory, or try too hard to sell it. "Follow the money." The Greenies ain't got it, Exxon, BP, Shell. They got it and are terrified of the bucks it will cost to clean up their processes.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 2:27:49 PM PDT
J. Kinsell says:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 6:05:39 PM PDT
J. Kinsell says:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 6:11:52 PM PDT
J. Kinsell says:
Rev: The aurora borealis light show you enjoy in Alaska was not the one that was artificially created in Texas. Earth curvature and distance mitigates against that happening.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 6:18:49 PM PDT
barbW says:
curvature?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 6:21:05 PM PDT
J. Kinsell says:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 6:23:14 PM PDT
J. Kinsell says:
Werranth: My goodness. I thought the flat earth society disbanded sometime after Christopher Columbus returned to Spain. Wow!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 6:37:38 PM PDT
J. Kinsell says:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 7:44:15 PM PDT
barbW says:
are you one of those eccentric people? I've seen the Northern Lights in New Mexico, before HAARP was operational.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 9:01:05 PM PDT
JOHN DOE says:
­The aurora borealis (the Northern Lights) and the aurora australis (the Southern Lights) have always fascinated mankind, and people even travel thousands of miles just to see the brilliant light shows in the earth's atmosphere. The auroras, both surrounding the north magnetic pole (aurora borealis) and south magnetic pole (aurora australis) occur when highly charged electrons from the solar wind interact with elements in the earth's atmosphere. Solar winds stream away from the sun at speeds of about 1 million miles per hour. When they reach the earth, some 40 hours after leaving the sun, they follow the lines of magnetic force generated by the earth's core and flow through the magnetosphere, a teardrop-shaped area of highly charged electrical and magnetic fields.

­As the electrons enter the earth's upper atmosphere, they will encounter atoms of oxygen and nitrogen at altitudes from 20 to 200 miles above the earth's surface. The color of the aurora depends on which atom is struck, and the altitude of the meeting.
*Green - oxygen, up to 150 miles in altitude
*Red - oxygen, above 150 miles in altitude
*Blue - nitrogen, up to 60 miles in altitude
*Purple/violet - nitrogen, above 60 miles in altitude

All of the magnetic and electrical forces react with one another in constantly shifting combinations. These shifts and flows can be seen as the auroras "dance," moving along with the atmospheric currents that can reach 20,000,000 amperes at 50,000 volts. (In contrast, the circuit breakers in your home will disengage when current flow exceeds 15-30 amperes at 120 volts.)

The auroras generally occur along the "auroral ovals," which center on the magnetic poles (not the geographic poles) and roughly correspond with the Arctic and Antarctic circles. There are times, though, when the lights are farther south, usually when there are a lot of sunspots. Sunspot activity follows an 11-year cycle. The next peak will occur in 2011 and 2012, so opportunities to see auroras outside their normal range should be good.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  120
Initial post:  Oct 25, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions