Customer Discussions > Science forum

Evolution is false

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 219 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 8:56:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 30, 2012 9:09:25 AM PDT
A. Caplan says:
Shiv K. Singh says: If Life is "intelligent", then we also have to agree, that the building blocks (include all atoms/molecules that form life) have no properties that can justify this "intelligence"?
Chemical compounds cannot explain the reason for poetry, painting and vanity.
>YET! It is one of innumerable questions that are being studied by science. There is no question involving the universe that has been shown to be unsolvable. There are just questions that have yet to be answered.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." ~ Charles Darwin

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 9:07:13 AM PDT
A. Caplan says:
Shiv K. Singh says: Are you suggesting that evolution is the process that makes chemical elements intelligent?
>I can't figure out what you are asking. No one says that chemical elements became intelligent. You must have made that one up. The brain is a combination of a huge number of compounds which cause the transfer of electrons and the chemical changes that are the basis of voluntary and involuntary muscle control, as well as the ability to learn. In the case of humans, we are able to use knowledge to create new knowledge through the thought process. That is intelligence. What exactly is the process and what makes our brains different from the brains of other animals is still a question being answered.

Through both living animals and the fossils of extinct animals, we are able to follow the development of the brain from a simple bundle of nerves to the incredibly complex thinking machines that make up our brains.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 2:03:48 AM PDT
Bill McLean says:
Whoever started the thread "Evolution is False" must be akin to those who hated school and dropped out in the 8th grade.

I do not attribute a lack of value to any person. I simply desire to keep as many of us humans as possible on track. Emotions make mankind better than machines, but we should not allow our emotions to obscure observable facts.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 2:09:01 AM PDT
A customer says:
We're going to be in trouble when machines acquire emotions, then.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 4:44:33 AM PDT
Re ElliotCB, above: Maybe. I suspect that the situation is complex. If you haven't read the "I, Robot" stories by Asimov, I highly recommend them.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 4:57:51 AM PDT
Bubba says:
Crude oil (hydrocarbons) can look similar to molasses (carbohydrates), but I would much prefer a cookie made with molasses than with crude oil.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 5:21:03 AM PDT
A customer says:
We're going to be in trouble when the machines start choosing the cookie recipes, then.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 7:41:00 AM PDT
J. M. Bullis says:
A perfect example of evolution is the theory of evolution.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 7:52:11 AM PDT
No, you're wrong, evolution was created.

THERE'S NEVER BEEN A DOCUMENTED EXAMPLE OF EVOLUTION EVOLVING!

:)

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 8:38:31 AM PDT
J. M. Bullis says:
I think this is a case where both apply. Humans created it and keep evolving it as it is proven lacking. All the time calling it fact. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 9:03:31 AM PDT
Bubba says:
As more evidence is found, the Theory of Evolution is refined and filled out; gradually filling in the small gaps where creationists have put their god.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 9:47:58 AM PDT
A. Caplan says:
Bubba says: Crude oil (hydrocarbons) can look similar to molasses (carbohydrates), but I would much prefer a cookie made with molasses than with crude oil.
>BP just put you on their "Do Not Hire" list.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 9:49:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 31, 2012 9:50:19 AM PDT
A. Caplan says:
arpard fazakas says:
No, you're wrong, evolution was created.
THERE'S NEVER BEEN A DOCUMENTED EXAMPLE OF EVOLUTION EVOLVING!
>The Theory of Evolution has certainly evolved since Darwin. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 9:52:48 AM PDT
Bubba says:
BP is going to have a problem finding people in the Southern states to fill certain jobs if they put everybody called "Bubba" on their "Do Not Hire" list.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 9:55:28 AM PDT
you don't have a shred of evidence to support your darwinistic evolutionaryisticle claims!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 10:09:48 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 31, 2012 10:10:07 AM PDT
Bill M. says:
arpard said (jokingly):

>>you don't have a shred of evidence to support your darwinistic
>>evolutionaryisticle claims!

Heh, I like that word, "evolutionaryisticle". It sounds like a word you'd hear in a big closing crescendo from an Ethyl Merman song. I can almost hear her crooning it now: "...They're the most diabolical, darwinistical, unconstitutional, evolutionaryisticle, baaaand!"

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 10:12:50 AM PDT
Yeah, I believe that was from the 1947 show "Creatards" which closed after one performance.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 10:24:10 AM PDT
Bill M. says:
You know, there really should be a creationist musical. Hmm, what would we call it? (I'm trying to think of a bad pun on an existing musical title.)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 10:38:57 AM PDT
How about "Designers Ball"

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 10:48:56 AM PDT
Bill M. says:
"La Cage Au Hovind"? :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 10:52:12 AM PDT
What does that mean?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 10:52:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 31, 2012 10:54:39 AM PDT
Re Bill M., 10-31 10:48 AM: :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 10:54:08 AM PDT
Re fazakas, 10-31 10:52 AM: This refers to Kurt Hovind, a notorious creationist, who is presently a guest of the Federal government for tax evasion.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 10:56:19 AM PDT
Ah! Good name then.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 10:59:38 AM PDT
Bill M. says:
I knew somebody would get it. :)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  219
Initial post:  Oct 15, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions