Customer Discussions > Science forum

What's the problem with evolution?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 919 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 20, 2012 6:57:23 PM PST
Mickey says:
I would like to ask creationists on this forum why the idea of evolution apparently bothers you so much. It doesn't bother me I'm second cousin to an Ape. Why does it bother you?

I am asking creationists, not evolutionists.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 7:11:16 PM PST
It just strikes too close to home....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 7:27:14 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 7:35:13 PM PST
Mickey says:
When he was alive I would say "Hi Dad".

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 8:30:49 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 8:34:20 PM PST
It doesn't violate any physical laws at all, you Goddamned liar (and coward).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 8:58:38 PM PST
Re OP: I am not a creationist, but I will offer an answer anyway. The reason is: evolution is contrary to explicit claims of the bible -- and that's all. There are many biblical literalists who suppose that every bit of the bible is absolutely true (even though it is trivial to show that it is not), and rather than adjust their zeitgeist to what the evidence actually shows, they prefer to believe the biblical tales.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 4:37:04 AM PST
And if I may add to that, Robert, many if not most creationists are not excited enough about the whole concept of evolution to really try to understand what it is all about. Our creationist punters here trot out the same errors in understanding time and again - one of the most obvious being *noone has ever observed a (dog) evolving into a (cat)*, or whatever the absurdity of choice may be.

Furthermore they won't read easily understandable texts to try to get to grips with the details of evolution because of the reputation of the authors, especially if I may say, Dawkins, that *very dangerous man* as a priestly relative of mine once told me. To a creationist, Dawkins and his ilk are persona non grata, somewhat akin to Satan I suspect.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 4:41:49 AM PST
Gwaithmir says:
andthehorsewhowhoopdeedo said: "cannot work" (sic)
>Prove it!

"totally impossible" (sic)
>Prove it! Evolution is supported by overwhelming evidence which has been presented in these discussions numerous times.

"violates known laws of physics the way they claim it happened" (sic)
>Prove it!

"you can be a monkeys (sic) uncle and tht (sic) doesnt (sic) bother me" (sic)
>Evolution has never postulated that humans evolved from monkeys. Kindly get an education on the subject.

"we believe in truth and facts" (sic)
>You believe in a book of mythology while cultivating an ignorance of evolutionary theory and related sciences. That is obviously true from your childish posts here.

"the darweenies try to foist their nonsense off on us to validate the church/religion of atheism" (sic)
>There are plenty of evolutionists here who believe in God. One need not be an atheist to accept evolution as a viable scientific theory. The theory of evolution is not concerned with the existence or nonexistence of a deity. It is apparent that your woeful ignorance also extends to the field of philosophy. Atheism is the antithesis of religion.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 5:47:37 AM PST
John McClain says:
"violates known laws of physics the way they claim it happened"

Which laws of physics, specifically?

"the darweenies try to foist their nonsense off on us to validate the church/religion of atheism"

Please correct your fallacious logic and then post again.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 9:16:27 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 9:18:32 AM PST
Mickey says:
That's vague. Can you tell us precisely how evolution contradicts physics and probability?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 9:28:33 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 9:32:17 AM PST
John McClain says:
"if i did yo uwould just argue about it"

In other words, you have absolutely no idea how to.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 9:34:21 AM PST
Mickey says:
Yep. IOW you can't.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 9:49:50 AM PST
SinSeeker says:
John McClain says: "Please correct your fallacious logic and then post again."

Good luck with trying to get the horse's backside to do that ...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 9:58:40 AM PST
Deckard says:
Mickey said:
"I am asking creationists, not evolutionists."

What the creos won't tell you is that they are terrified that their myths are not true.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:09:52 AM PST
Mickey says:
But I already know what evolutionists will tell me. I do want to know if any creationists can tell me why it makes them uncomfortable. So far none have, maybe none will, but I'll keep listening. But I'm not asking evolutionists.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:37:04 AM PST
SinSeeker says:
But the horse's backside has already told you it's because he believes in "truth and facts." It's his sceintific undermerstanding that is offended.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:40:17 AM PST
Mickey says:
He's telling me he's not offended by evolution, it's just not justified logically. I can figure that out myself.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:50:54 AM PST
SinSeeker says:
I'm afraid I must respectfully disagree. The sentence "the darweenies try to foist their nonsense off on us to validate the church/religion of atheism" sounds to me like he's offended by evolutionary theory.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:54:01 AM PST
Mickey says:
I didn't say he wasn't offended by evolution, I said he's not admitting to it.

I really don't need evolutionists to explain this to me.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 11:14:49 AM PST

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 11:35:43 AM PST
One objection I've seen is "If you tell people they came from animals, that gives them permission to act like animals."
Nonsense, of course, but often said.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 12:04:50 PM PST
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 37 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science forum
Participants:  51
Total posts:  919
Initial post:  Nov 20, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions