Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Science forum

The finely tuned universe arguement is done..

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-153 of 153 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2010 6:26:12 PM PST
Celeborn--

>"Why should he be concerned enough to write a book about it, covering what other scientists (who are presumably concerned) have to say about it?" Beats me.

>"Isn't it a waste of time for real scientists such as these to be concerned?" In my opinion, yes.

>"Or don't you read astrophysics?" I don't have time to read all the stuff I think is interesting and might actually contribute to my life.
Your reply to James G. Christenson's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2010 5:41:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 13, 2010 5:44:46 AM PST
RR says:
"Paul Davies is a very distinguished astrophysicist."

That has nothing to do with the fact that he's smart enough to write popular books catering to those who want to believe goddidit, since god can't be excluded. If someone were writing to Buddhists, I'm sure we'd see a take giving those who believe in karma hope. Karma can't be excluded either.

It is clearly an area of high personal interest to Davies and he's quite good at it. Nonetheless, it is simply all post hoc rationalizations.

Posted on Feb 13, 2010 8:41:27 AM PST
Celeborn says:
Okay. Nobody on this thread is going to read Goldilocks because it's not a scientific book. I didn't originate this thread. Since so many people entered it, I assumed it was of some interest.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Science forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  153
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2009
Latest post:  Feb 13, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions