Customer Discussions > Science forum

The fallacy of Darwinism and the evil associated

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2551-2575 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 11:41:07 AM PDT
Bill M. says:
I see that Horse never followed up on learning basic logic, like he said he needed. This particular rant of his though brings up a common theme I see in creationist mentality:

>>do not need to revisit that krapp no matter how much
>>you claim the emperor has clothes on

Creationists would love to think that this is all a case of "The Emperor's New Clothes", and that they're the clever little child who sees the problem that all of the other experts and scientists keep missing. I've noticed that there are many urban myths based on similar ideas. For example: the story about the Philosophy student who gets to his graduate exam and finds that it consists of one question ("Why?") followed by 10 sheets of blank paper; he replies with just the words "Why not?" and gets an A+. Or similarly, TV shows like ol' American westerns, Doctor Who, McGyver, etc. where the stranger comes to town, uncovers the problem that has stumped everybody else living there for a generation, and fixes everything before sunset.

People like these stories because they like that underlying idea, mixed in with the general conspiracy theory mentality. But like creationism, these stories are fictional. If there's a field of study you're unfamiliar with, and you come up with a rhetorical question that you is a big stumper ("Why are there still monkeys?", "So where did the Big Bang come from?"), it's more likely that you're simply not familiar enough with the subject to know that the question has already been brought up and answered countless times.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 11:42:22 AM PDT
Bill M. says:
D. Yarnell said:

>>Us poor creationists are stupid as rocks because

Wait a minute...is this Chris Haynes, using a second account?!?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 12:21:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2012 12:25:50 PM PDT
Bill M.,

Yours: "... it's more likely that you're simply not familiar enough"

Mine: ... or curious enough to wonder what others have thought about the same question. Time and again, I encounter the stubborn notion that "I" am the only one who's noticed "X," and "I've" got the only sensible solution to the problem. On one of these threads I actually encountered someone who thought he had discovered a simple mathematical error in the theory of relativity that would change everything. Of course no other mathematician or physicist in the last century had discovered and corrected the "error."

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 3:15:07 PM PDT
Tero says:
I had 6 years of religion class and confirmation summer class. I remember the minister in the summer class but not much else. In first grade, the Bible reader had kid Jesus making clay pigeons come alive. When I was 15 there was more interesting class of church history. We Lutherans were the good guys, the pope was evil.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 5:34:45 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 5:35:49 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 2, 2012 9:27:24 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 5:36:43 PM PDT
nothing you all have posted proves evolution is true

as a genuine scientist i demand independent verification in a separate lab

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 5:38:06 PM PDT
ErikR says:
"as a genuine scientist..."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...good one!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 5:40:14 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 5:40:35 PM PDT
when you got no facts
go ad hominem

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 5:41:57 PM PDT
ErikR says:
I don't think you don't really understand what "ad hominem" means.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 5:53:47 PM PDT
Tero says:
Well, then, I did not make it up. Gospel of Thomas.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 5:54:22 PM PDT
Tero says:
"cut and paste"
"echo"

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 6:18:53 PM PDT
you dont know what logic means

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 6:40:47 PM PDT
ErikR says:
Wow, good one, you really got me there. Although I'm confused at how you arrived at that conclusion, can you please explain?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 6:41:19 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 2, 2012 9:38:08 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 7:06:52 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 7:07:08 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 7:12:27 PM PDT
"until you can create the first living cell in a lab"

Right --- and then you'll claim "see, intelligence created that --- that proves ID"

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 7:19:00 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 7:31:00 PM PDT
Get a dictionary, doofus. I am more than happy to attcak your personal shortcomings, but I am not using them to disparage your ideas, which fall flat on their own.

Indeed, the situation is the reverse of an ad hominem fallacy in that I rely on your defective "arguments" and your anonymity to infer your intellectual and spiritual failures.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 7:36:50 PM PDT
"well.... you are in a no win situation then aren't you"

No, you have proposed with a "no win situation", thus proving the false nature of your argument.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 7:40:48 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 7:41:17 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 7:54:40 PM PDT
Doctor Who says:
So children don't look any different from there parents? That's a news flash. I better start confusing my siblings now...
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science forum
Participants:  112
Total posts:  4096
Initial post:  May 17, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions