Customer Discussions > Science forum

The phallacy of Darwinism and the evil associated

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-41 of 41 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2012 2:35:39 PM PDT
D. Thomas says:
The evil associated with Darwinism is... Darwinism.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2012 2:47:39 PM PDT
Bubba says:
A recursive evil

Posted on May 19, 2012 4:33:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 19, 2012 4:34:04 PM PDT
Cuvtixo says:
I realize the 'evil' being referred to is probably "Social Darwinism" which is truly a perversion of Darwinism.
mark says: Any putative self-conscious supreme being could drive development of living things over billions of years if he wanted to, so you can go right on believing in what you can't know while still acknowledging plain facts.
That would seem to be true; but a passive Creator would have little use for continual, regular worship- something which 'earthly' religious representatives crave and demand. Therefore the Modern Evolutionary Synthesis is a threat to religion, even though it doesn't directly challenge belief in God.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 4:11:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 20, 2012 4:16:21 AM PDT
kodos says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 4:14:27 AM PDT
Ku says:
The fool pretends he knows that Darwinism is a 'phallacy'.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 6:07:22 AM PDT
"So, the wise aknowledges that he doesn't know, and the fool pretends that he knows."

Somebody who is wise is someone who knows enough to know how little he knows. That's a far cry from ignorance.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 9:20:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 21, 2012 9:21:49 AM PDT
Ku says:The fool pretends he knows that Darwinism is a 'phallacy'.

The sad thing is, Ku, he doesn't pretend. He is convinced he *knows*.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 10:05:06 AM PDT
Ku says:
Oh yeah. Absolutely.

This one had me in stitches when I'd re-read it:

"One of the wisest said "I know that I don't know, and in knowing this one thing, I know something"."

How is that wise?

It's clumsy like a braggart who's had a few too many in a bar.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 10:14:31 AM PDT
S. Kessler says:
Kodos: So what? Dude had his opinion, everyone has theirs. I disaggree with him: I think the struggle to conquer ignorance is powered by vanity and arrogance, and so doomed to failure by self-deception.

SK: so do you mean to say that you think ignorance is good, the way it's supposed to be, and learning nothing but arrogance and a failure? How peculiar for someone who is obviously using a pinnacle of our search for knowledge of how thing work to write that comment about ignorance on. Do you plan to crawl back into your cave any time soon?

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 10:57:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 21, 2012 11:00:34 AM PDT
D. Thomas says:
Further evidence that religion has made you stupid. I said nothing about innocence.

Innocence is a fine thing... in children.

In one of his rare intelligible statements, your guy Paul said, in 1 Corinthians 13:11, "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me."

You're still reasoning like a child, kodos.

Posted on May 23, 2012 10:59:34 PM PDT
noman says:
WND EXCLUSIVE
Iran: Discovery will collapse Christianity
Says Turkish 'Bible' has Barnabas forecasting Muhammad's coming

"Basij Press is claiming that a version of the Gospel of Barnabas, found in 2000, will prove that Islam is the final and righteous religion and the revelation will cause the collapse worldwide of Christianity...Khamenei said,In light of the realization of the divine promise by almighty God, the Zionists and the Great Satan (America) will soon be defeated. Allah's promise will be delivered, and Islam will be victorious."

http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/iran-discovery-will-collapse-christianity/

**In other news Leaders of the Flat Earth Society announce Elvis and Michael Jackson will start their triumphant farewell tour from the capitol city of Atlantis...

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 1:10:18 AM PDT
Juscz says:
D. Thomas provided the following edit of Asimov's comments on creationism:

"Because the evolutionary view is not perfect and life scientists don't agree on every detail, creationists argue that evolution is false and that scientists, in supporting evolution, are basing their views on blind faith and dogmatism."

I suggest one further edit, and it is as follows:

'Because, like virtually all scientific assertions, the evolutionary view is not perfect and life scientists don't agree on every detail, creationists argue that evolution is false and that scientists, in supporting evolution, are basing their views on blind faith and dogmatism.'

The creationists should take solace in the fact that they base their view for the emergence of new species upon such a straightforward and non-contradictory text as the Bible, no?

Juscz

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 3:57:47 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 19, 2012 1:00:23 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 1:00:30 PM PDT
Steve abrams says:
why are we talking about darwins phallus?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 1:12:53 PM PDT
Re Duerdoth, 5-19 1:04 PM: "Well, that would be a logical phallus, see!" Groan.

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 5:08:01 AM PDT
Brian Curtis says:
"Captain, this ship is designed with all the latest sensor arrays to detect all known forms of matter and energy."
"Forget it. I don't approve of sensor-ship."
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  41
Initial post:  May 17, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions