Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Science forum

Global warming is nothing but a hoax and a scare tactic

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 5676-5700 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 4:38:34 PM PDT
Nat says:
That's what people say that are political amateurs. We've all said it in the beginning. It's much more complicated than you are aware.

It's been a left/right paradigm since 1776

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 4:39:30 PM PDT
KING CONAN says:
Frisco,

I like to be loose and not take
cyber strangers too seriously.

But to be more serious, It allowed
the housing market to inflate and
many billions to be made by the
people that perpetuated the fraud.

Leaving as usual the American
people on the short end, If you
would read about the people of
Iceland and how they stood up
to this type of nonsense, You
will be inspired that Freedom from
Blind Tyranny still exists TODAY!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 4:43:19 PM PDT
Nat says:
Yes it would have helped but I said "prevented". It would not have. Not much. Politifact says the same thing you want that link? It was strategically crashed so they knew how to get around red tape. I suspect that if it were still in effect they would have just gotten around that as well

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 4:43:38 PM PDT
KING CONAN says:
I think if you were any more
close minded, You wouldn't
be able to sneeze.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 4:48:56 PM PDT
Nat says:
You're a birther and a deather. You don't even try to find out what's true and what isn't. If somebody created a conspiracy theory about political events and bohemian grove it's good enough for you. You do not care. You'll believe whatever you want to

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 4:50:44 PM PDT
Nat says:
Then you do not know me. No one that knows me would say that about me. I'm okay with changing my mind. You on the other hand stick with what you first thought no matter what. You're projecting

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 5:33:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 5:34:49 PM PDT
King Conan: It was Clinton who rescinded The Glass-Steagall Act. We can NEVER recover,
unless it is made law again.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TS: Why I didn't know you were such super liberal, King Conan????

#1 The Bill the repealed Glass-Steagall was the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
Let's see who sponsored the bill - why look, all Republicans?
-- Senator Phil Gramm (Republican of Texas) introduced it in the Senate
-- and Reps Jim Leach (R-Iowa) and Rep. Thomas J. Bliley, Jr. (R-Virginia) wee the sponsors for it in the House.

#2 Even though it was a Republican bill, the Democrats did join in with them because European banks did not have this restriction, and US banks argued they needed the repeal of Glass-Steagall to be competitive with foreign banks. And Democrats agreed they didn't want banks to be at a competitive advantage.

== You can see this when Bill Clinton signed the bill into law, he noted
the repeal of Glass-Steagall would "enhance the stability of our financial services system" by permitting financial firms to "diversify their product offerings and thus their sources of revenue" and make financial firms "better equipped to compete in global financial markets."

#3 It is liberals today that talk about bringing back Glass-Steagall, and who identify it as a cause of our financial mess.

==Bill Clinton has said he thought it was a mistake he signed it. Elizabeth Warren has said it needed to be reinstated. Liberal economists such as Joseph Stiglitze have identified it as a cause of the crash.

==While, most Republicans disagree the repeal of Glass-Steagall was the real cause of the financial disaster. The Cato institute also disagrees.

Almost all Republicans are STONGLY opposed to re-instating Glass Steagall - even in its weakened version of Dodd-Frank.

Ever hear of the Dodd Frank bill? It wants to reinstate Glass -Steagall "lite" --i.e., restrict the ability of banks whose deposits are federally insured from trading for their own benefit. (This is sometimes called the Volcker rule)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So in summary: Almost all Republicans are vehemently opposed to putting back ANY regulations back on banks; and it is Democrats trying to get any regulations going again (and have compromised just to try to get a weakened version of regulations. Liberals want even more.)

Meaning -- I didn't know you were such a staunch liberal, King Conan.

Don't tell me your conservative sources have twisted this all up for you.
I see a lot of people getting tricked by them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 5:44:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 5:47:23 PM PDT
Jason: I think Bush and Obama have done a good job fighting terrorists

TS: Well I agree neither were terrorists.

I disagree Bush did a good job fighting terrorists. Not the battle field part. The public relations is where he got the F.

-- I think Bush CREATED more terrorists than there were before 9/11. He started a civil war in Iraq among the Muslim tribes, and then we were caught in the middle -- turning Iraqis against us for supporting the Shite tribe.

-- I saw even Colin Powell admit recently Bush's decision (he blamed it on Rumsfield) to fire all the Baathists immediately after our invasion, led to the breakdown in security, and growth of military bands that turned violent.

Now, I don't like Obama's policies either. Romney might be better here. He has said some reasonable things in this area. I Just know I don't like Romney's economic plans.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 5:53:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 6:22:35 PM PDT
BDD: I believe that the Bush administration bailed out the banks after they torpedoed the world economy, not Obama. They did this after they could keep the state of the economy a secret no longer because of an imminent world wide economic collapse. As evidence that they only did this when they absolutely had to...and had been sitting on the issue.....they did it near the end of the 2008 presidential campaign

TS: Bush was shocked when told the major banks were about to collapse. Any President would have done the same. Obama would have done what Bush did -- his financial advisors were bankers too.

Now I hold Bush responsible for a lot of decisions that made the real estate bubble and financial collapse FAR WORSE.

Here are some detail:
http://www.amazon.com/forum/science/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxZ58KVEERYS5E&cdMsgNo=5178&cdPage=208&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx30I2EV9ZB85QC&cdMsgID=Mx310KUJ5SWCUFU#Mx310KUJ5SWCUFU

But once the collapse was imminent and known -- I don't think anyone would have done much different.
Obama had a chance to nationalize the banks. Once he didn't, he let banking insiders run the "reform" too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 5:57:04 PM PDT
KING CONAN says:
Hey!!!,
Right and Wrong is not
the Left/Right Paradigm,
The Paradigm is an Illusion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 6:20:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 6:23:22 PM PDT
Right and Wrong is not
the Left/Right Paradigm,
The Paradigm is an Illusion.

TS:

Political Parties are the sum of individuals. And it is a fact, today's Republcan party has veered to the extreme far right.

I was brought up a Republican in the Bible belt in Texas. My parents always voted Republican. My mother switched with Clinton, saying she didn't leave the Republican Party -- it left her.

My father has switched after determining first he couldn't stand Sarah Palin; and he doesn't like what he is seeing with the Republicans now and told me he plans to vote for Obama again.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 7:08:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2012 5:28:17 PM PDT
Realist. says:
arpard fazakas: "I thought the original TS was Democritus."

JF:So was TSNTPW ever Democritus? Or was it TruthSeeker?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 7:15:32 PM PDT
Realist. says:
Jason: "President Obama will make mistakes......who among us hasn't made our fair share? He isn't some God."

JF: There are a lot of people out there (mainly women) who think he is some sort of God. I think he is a just fake and a one term worst president in US history.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 7:25:11 PM PDT
KING CONAN says:
Yeah, ..... I respect the elderly,
I'm not going to talk about
your father.

But tell me this......when has either
party made a country with less
regulation from agencies that
are appointed and not elected.

Why do retro-active laws, that
Clinton started, make sense
to you?
Why can you not lie to Congress
without going to jail,
But Congressmen are renowned
for not paying the taxes THEY
owe?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 11:03:25 PM PDT
A customer says:
werranth413 - "The President doesn't want to order drone strikes."

Maybe terrorists "don't really" want to commit suicide bombings.

"I think they weigh their use against the lives they save."

Combatant lives. Part of my point, in fact.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 11:07:09 PM PDT
A customer says:
Jason - "I don't even like the guy and even I know he's no terrorist."

You don't think the USA is a terrorist organisation, either. Moreover, your very presence here attests to the fact that you believe reality to be a conspiracy. Your perceptions are worthless.

"We, us Americans, would love to see all terrorist organizations lay down arms and allow us(and innocent people around the world) to live in peace."

Yes, that's what the British used to say.

"The US, to her own troop's detriment, limits targets excessively in order to avoid killing civilians."

And attacks them while sitting safely on their arses at a console in California. Such sacrifice.

You cowards make me physically sick.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 11:11:44 PM PDT
A customer says:
Nat - "They just do not get it, they've never been face to face with one."

When they use satellite-guided munitions fired from stealth drones controlled from another continent that is hardly surprising, now, is it? Your own FBI's definition of terrorism leaves no doubt whatsoever that the USA is conducting terrorism. Look it up.

Oh, and I have actually met a couple of old IRA guys while living in Ireland, I believe. Better people than any of you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 11:17:02 PM PDT
A customer says:
JB Frodsham. - "So was TSNTPW ever Democritus?"

I think they meant the ORIGINAL Democritus. Er, I mean...

Oh, look him up. Under "atomists".

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 11:32:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2012 12:46:16 AM PDT
Treehugger© says:
TSntpw no one cares what you think

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 11:43:40 PM PDT
Nat says:
You just confirmed my suspicion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 12:23:49 AM PDT
A customer says:
Nat - "You just confirmed my suspicion."

Your "suspicion" butters no parsnips. And a terrorist organisation that kills civilians by remote control from its mothers' basement is not in a position to accuse anyone else of not going face-to-face with anyone, kapish? Your President lost the right to special privileges in this respect when he said that three 9-11s in civilian casualties were not that large a number, while we're on the subject.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 8:19:08 AM PDT
Nonsense. None of those you mention has created a policy of deliberating targetting innocent persons (civilians) as civilians for the purpose of furthering their policy ends. You're confusing collateral damage, which is inevitable in any armed conflict, with terrorism. If one does not deliberately target civilians, but rather deliberately targets enemy combatants in an environment which civilians also inhabit, and puts in place procedures designed to reduce as much as possible collateral damage to civilians, then that's not being a terrorist. That's being someone at war legally.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 8:20:02 AM PDT
Disagree Bush and cheney didn't care about collateral damage.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 8:20:59 AM PDT
It was a joke. Remember Democritus, the Greek philosopher who walked around with a lantern searching for someone who spoke the truth?

Heh heh?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 8:21:40 AM PDT
People who think Obama is God and people who think he is the worst President in history are equally deluded.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Science forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
DRM is Voluntarily Leaving This Forum 6 9 minutes ago
What is the greatest thing in the universe? 656 2 hours ago
spherical earth vs. flat earth 940 2 hours ago
why the science forum is pointless and dominated by ignorance 151 5 hours ago
Why dont Top Scientists care about the Rape Culture on our campuses?. 4 7 hours ago
Age of Neanderthal stone circles in France 5 8 hours ago
UFOs in Europe - Yep! They've Got 'Em Too 12 8 hours ago
Creationists ask......Are there honest Scientists? 19 8 hours ago
New science magazine showing sexuality is fluid after all ---READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 35 8 hours ago
Global warming is the most serious problem of our generation, part 4 (reboot) 4999 10 hours ago
Creationists ask.....Cant anyone answer a Scientific question? 99 10 hours ago
Harvard tests show homosexuality is actually caused by parental neglect 193 11 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science forum
Participants:  130
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 19, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions