Customer Discussions > Science forum

MSFFL, Flood Geology!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 77 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 9:04:40 PM PDT
reply to John McClain's post:

and where did the parents get it ?

God created man with dna
did he use intelligent design and morph men from amoebas ?
dont know cant say

but to an absolute certainty we do know that darwin was totally wrong

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 9:05:42 PM PDT
reply to Robert A. Saunders's post:

still no facts taht PROVE ANYTHING ABOUT EVOLUTION

you use logical fallacies and a lot of doublebabble to try to snow people

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 9:06:10 PM PDT
reply to arpard fazakas's post:

and 50 million frenchmen cant be wrong

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 9:47:06 PM PDT
Stormegeddon says:
There is no evidence disproving it. Evolutionists don't hide anything, all the calculations they make are known, for the most part, to the public. There is astounding evidence for natural selection.

The example of the peppered moth and the finch are best evidence I can think of to support natural selection. Industrial melanism is a phenomenon that affected over 70 species of moths in England. It has been best studied in the peppered moth, Biston betularia. Prior to 1800, the typical moth of the species had a light pattern. Dark colored or melanic moths were rare and were therefore collectors' items.

During the Industrial Revolution, soot and other industrial wastes darkened tree trunks and killed off lichens. The light-colored morph of the moth became rare and the dark morph became abundant. In 1819, the first melanic morph was seen; by 1886, it was far more common; illustrating rapid evolutionary change.
Eventually light morphs were common in only a few locales, far from industrial areas. The cause of this change was thought to be selective predation by birds, which favored camouflage coloration in the moth.

In the 1950's, the biologist Kettlewell did release-recapture experiments using both morphs. A brief summary of his results are shown below. By observing bird predation from blinds, he could confirm that conspicuousness of moth greatly influenced the chance it would be eaten.

Galapagos finches are the famous example from Darwin's voyage. Some of the finches had beaks adapted for eating large seeds, others for small seeds, some had parrot-like beaks for feeding on buds and fruits, and some had slender beaks for feeding on small insects One used a thorn to probe for insect larvae in wood, like some woodpeckers do. (Six were ground-dwellers, and eight were tree finches.)

To Darwin, it appeared that each was slightly modified from an original colonist, probably the finch on the mainland of South America, some 600 miles to the east. It is probable that adaptive radiation led to the formation of so many species because other birds were few or absent, leaving empty niches to fill; and because the numerous islands of the Galapagos provided ample opportunity for geographic isolation.

References

Kettlewell, H. B. (1973). The Evolution of Melanism: The study of a recurring necessity.. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press.

University of Michigan (2005). Evolution and Natural Selection. Retrieved September 16, 2008, from www.globalchange.umich.edu/globalchange1/current/lectures/selection/selection.html

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 9:58:40 PM PDT
Re Irish, 5-11 8:59 PM: "Name three things that have _disproved_ the Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection." I'll settle for just one -- so long as it is legitimate.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 10:02:14 PM PDT
Re whomper, 5-11 9:05 PM: "you use logical fallacies and a lot of doublebabble to try to snow people [into believing the theory of evolution]". Notwithstanding my previous invitation to do so, you have not named either a single premise, or deductive conclusion, which you consider to be in error. Therefore, this assertion is, as yet, just hot air.

But I can certainly see why you have so little understanding of logic as to call my work "doublebabble".

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 10:04:25 PM PDT
John McClain says:
"God created man with dna"

This is an assertion that you have not supported with evidence. Try again.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 4:17:13 AM PDT
Tero says:
DNA and RNA have the same information. But the first replicating organism had very little information. Just barely enough.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 5:24:39 AM PDT
Irish Lace says:
MFSSL: "It's not my fault the evolutionist hide anything that disproves their theory and then turn around and say that creationists have fabricated everything."

So I asked for evidence that disproves evolution and now he says:

"There is no evidence disproving it. Evolutionists don't hide anything, all the calculations they make are known, for the most part, to the public. There is astounding evidence for natural selection."

Help me out here, bud. Which of these statements reflect your actual opinion?

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 7:50:48 AM PDT
Stormegeddon says:
The last one check out my last few posts here

http://www.amazon.com/forum/science/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxZ58KVEERYS5E&cdThread=Tx1T126LZQEETI8

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 7:59:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 12, 2012 11:33:02 AM PDT
Irish Lace says:
MFSSL said: "It's not my fault the [emphasis mine] >>evolutionist hide anything that disproves their theory<< and then turn around and say that creationists have fabricated everything."

So I asked for evidence that disproves evolution and now he says:

"There >>is no evidence disproving it.<< Evolutionists don't hide anything, all the calculations they make are known, for the most part, to the public. >>>There is astounding evidence for natural selection.<<"

So then I asked:" "Help me out here, bud. Which of these statements reflect your actual opinion?"

So MFSSL said, "The last one ["There is no evidence disproving ... evolution") check out my last few posts here

http://www.amazon.com/forum/science/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxZ58KVEERYS5E&cdThread=Tx1T126LZQEETI8"

So I went to the post with the link and in that post MSFFL said: "I am a firm believer in a young earth and young universe. There is evidence all around us from stars, the solar system, other planets, the moon, the atmosphere, meteorites, the globe, earth's surface, the oceans, living things, civilization, and even beneath the surface. So >>>with the overwhelming evidence confirming a young earth, what happens to evolution.Without long periods of time evolution could not have happened.<<< "

So, is it just me? M, you are contradicting yourself. Please offer the "overwhelming evidence confirming a young earth" and "evidence that disproves" evolution theory.

Or is English not your first language, MFSSL?

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 9:30:05 AM PDT
You lost me there.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 9:51:14 AM PDT
Re Irish, 5-12 7:59 AM, on MSFFL's posted link: Go to the end of the thread. She finally saw the light -- and we appreciate it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 11:27:45 AM PDT
Papawaron says:
I don't believe it (the conversion) for an instant. She just got tired of us and has moved on. She'll be baaaaaack!

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 11:33:59 AM PDT
Irish Lace says:
Hmmm.... I don't think I'm buying it. But, we'll see.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 12:29:28 AM PDT
M. Helsdon says:
"She'll be baaaaaack!"

He's started the Human Evolution thread.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 10:36:40 AM PDT
Stormegeddon says:
I said that I excepted the idea of old earth. I never said I excepted the idea of evolution. Human Evolution doesn't have anything to do with long ages. Of course, that is a matter of opinion after all

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 10:41:34 AM PDT
Re Stormegeddon, above: I assume that you meant "accepted".
"Human Evolution doesn't have anything to do with long ages." Not so: evolution requires time. Millions of years elapsed from the time of the first hominids until today.

"Of course, that is a matter of opinion after all" No, it isn't. Human evolution, as with the evolution of all other species on this planet, is an established fact.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 10:46:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2012 10:46:52 AM PDT
M. Helsdon says:
"Human Evolution doesn't have anything to do with long ages."

Um, yes it does, given that our species is about two hundred thousand years old, and has been behaviorally modern for at least fifty thousand; and our last common ancestor with the modern apes lived about six to eight million years ago.

"Of course, that is a matter of opinion after all"

No, it's a matter of the fossil record and more importantly, the record embedded in RNA/DNA.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 11:22:43 AM PDT
A. Caplan says:
Stormegeddon says: Human Evolution doesn't have anything to do with long ages. Of course, that is a matter of opinion after all
>Actually, it is a matter of science, starting with empirical evidence.

Posted on May 13, 2012 12:32:39 PM PDT
Guess what, folks.
"stormegeddon" IS "muzzfuffel" (MSFFL)
Check the profiles.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 12:59:13 PM PDT
Stormegeddon says:
I've made that known that I am/was MSFFL

Posted on May 13, 2012 1:14:41 PM PDT
the bigger question is not whether an impossible thing could happen, its why a god would behave an is such an imorale way knowing it would not work that is people still "sin". Then its interesting why or how any one could believe such a silly story.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 9:54:52 PM PDT
reply to conservalibertarian's post:

how do you check profiles ?

if i click on stormgeddon will tha tpage list his aliases ?

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 10:03:52 PM PDT
Just click on the poster's name and you'll see the current profile. You won't see aliases unless he/she posts them. If you look at storm's profile, you'll find it's the same as msffl's. Looking at wish lists can reveal some added information.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  77
Initial post:  May 9, 2012
Latest post:  May 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions