Customer Discussions > Science forum

Creationists are trying to rewrite the Laws of Thermodynamics!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1276-1300 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 6:05:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2012 6:09:16 PM PDT
CH: "Look at the Creationist Defintion of Temperature. "
--------------------
This is why you are a troll. You are smart enough to know real science, and then present it as if you are some creationist backwoods hick, and you and your schoolkids invented it.

Your non-existent school kids didn't invent this. Scientists did. Negative temperature is possible in spin states. It is not possible in translational states.

Why the hick-creationist charade?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 8:42:43 AM PDT
Why would you care?

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 7:14:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 26, 2012 7:29:10 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 6:06:30 AM PDT
Brian Curtis says:
Still running and hidiing from the question you're scared to answer, eh Haynes? Too bad it's not going to work.

Here it is again:

"So basically, every sighting of a UFO, dragon, ghost, Superman, sharks with lasers, or any other outrageous claim made by someone actually DID happen because, after all, they observed it happening, right?"

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 6:11:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 1, 2012 6:13:13 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 5:30:49 AM PDT
Brian Curtis says:
Still running and hidiing from the question you're scared to answer, eh Haynes? Too bad it's not going to work.

Here it is again:

"So basically, every sighting of a UFO, dragon, ghost, Superman, sharks with lasers, or any other outrageous claim made by someone actually DID happen because, after all, they observed it happening, right?"

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 10:14:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2012 4:24:35 PM PDT
Dr. Enrico Fermi, phd, BMOC, Nobel Prize Winner.
And Peer Reviewed Fool

Cant nobody never defend him?
When them hick Texas nascar Creationist high school kids they point out he was a clown?
Poor Dr Enrico phd!
Smookered by Creationst kids!
How low can you go Enrico.
Creationsits, Theyre even dumber than that cutiepie gun-nut hick dingbat Palin, huh guys

Dr Enrico, he wrote, in his Peer Reviewed book:
"Ahem, the second law of themodynamics rules out the possibility of construction of a perpetuum mobile of the second kind."
Quote Unquote! The very words he wrote hisself.

"Rules out the possibility"? In other words, 'impossible", huh Doc?
Nosiree, Doc. Sorry. You struck out Doc.
The Doc he should of stuck to his core competency.
Helping his pals Roosevelt and Truman kill thousands of Japanese school children.

Take it from us Creationists, Dr Enrico, the kinetic nature of matter means that NO absolute statement of the second law can be made.
Your Peer Reviewers, Doc, you should of sued them.
Even them Japanese are laughing at you now Doc. You betcha.

Cant none of them kings horses, none of them kings men, cant nobody never help out Dr Enrico Fermi phd BMOC

I mean, this doesnt never no worser.
A great Peer Reviewed Nobel Prize winner, made to look like a clown by Creationist high schoolers
And nobody in all of Science can say a peep.
Just think about that! Creationist Kids! Argh!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 10:33:41 AM PDT
Ryan S. Hupp says:
"I mean, this doesnt never no worser."

Careful there, Jethro, you're starting to break down into Authentic Frontier Gibberish.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 10:54:03 AM PDT
Just when I done thunk things couldn't never get no worser, they done got even worserer!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 5:26:57 AM PDT
Brian Curtis says:

Here it is again:

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 8:24:48 AM PDT
Folks, its the Creationist Channel
Today its Science Groupie Remedial Reading

for our Atheist Science Groupie friends

I mean, us Creationists, we're shakin our heads.
Cant none of them Groupies read nothing?
They say American education its slipped, but really.

Look at this. Its so sad:
"In short, your kids have two "Creationist Laws" that are in conflict: If there is only one stable state, then no unstable state can appear from which work can be created."

Hey, cant people read the Creationist Defintion of Stable State?
"A system is in a stable state if it's hopelessly improbable that it can attain a new state, different by a finite amount, without a finite and lasting change in its environment".

Didnt nobody see that phrase..."HOPELESSLY IMPROBABLE"? Or Us Creationists, are we using words that are too big?

Cause given our Creationist defintion of "stable state", there is a remote possibility that a new state that can do work will appear. Hey fellas, read what we put out!

If you cant read good fellas, ask for help at the Resource Room. I mean this is getting so lame.
So our statement "In the absence of supernatural forces, a bounded system can attain one and only one stable state." It still hasnt been refuted sciencewise. Its called the Creationist Law of Stable States.

Whatever. Nobody can give a single Peer Reviewed Statement of the Second Law of Thermodyanmics, not one, that is logical and correct. Yet a correct statement is needed, and for that we can all thank these Creationist high school kids.

Okay folks, we'll be back tomorooww
Our Athesits Science Groupie frineds, they sure need this here Remedial Reading huh?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 9:44:49 AM PDT
Brian Curtis says:

Here it is again:

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 12:30:55 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 9, 2012 12:37:07 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 12:39:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 9, 2012 12:46:29 PM PDT
<<What does HOPELESSLY IMPROBABLE mean...>>

It means nothing to God!

If God has all eternity to wait, then there isn't any such thing as "hopelessly improbable". No matter how improbable any eventuality might be, it will happen for certain, if you are prepared to wait an infinite time.

Since God has so much time on His hands, He might just as well wait for the universe to spontaneously self-assemble as bother to do anything active to hurry the process along. I mean, what's the hurry? Was God running short on patience?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 1:13:52 PM PDT
God sometimes got impatient in the Old Testament. He would give the Israelites a certain amount of time, and then when his patience ran out, WHAM!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 2:51:42 PM PDT
In fact, since eternal God was there forever into the past, He must either have waited infinite time to "do His thing", or just let it happen by itself. Either way, it took forever. So, again, what's the problem letting things be a little spontaneous?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 2:57:02 PM PDT
I bet Mr. Haynes would point out that his god isn't that way, anymore. He's working off of new information. (They do get new information every millennia or so, I'm told. They're waiting for a screen refresh, as we speak.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 3:14:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 9, 2012 3:22:35 PM PDT
What a remarkable display of ignorance!

How do you do it? I mean, really? Do you have nightly seances with Moe, Larry & Curly? Do you take special anti-vitamins to un-enhance your intelligence? Did they start a Fox Science Channel that does for science what FNC does for news?

What's your secret?

(You must be as blissful as they come, that's for sure.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 4:45:29 PM PDT
RRY: In fact, since eternal God was there forever into the past, He must either have waited infinite time to "do His thing", or just let it happen by itself. Either way, it took forever.

BPL: No, you're looking at God as a creature existing in time, subject to getting bored. He's not. Time is one of the things he created. He lives in eternity.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 6:59:22 PM PDT
barbW says:
how the heck do you know? You read it in ancient parchments? What rubbish!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2012 6:49:49 AM PDT
Hmmm......looks like I've been tripped up by infinities again. So QED isn't the only thought construct bedeviled by infinities. So is theology!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2012 6:50:31 AM PDT
Does God have a Facebook page? If so, can people friend him?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2012 6:51:09 AM PDT
You have to be pretty smart to be that ignorant.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2012 7:23:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 10, 2012 7:24:14 AM PDT
BPL,

So, in eternity, where there is no time at all, why would it matter which method He chose? In fact, how can the concept "HOPELESSLY IMPROBABLE" (or for that matter, "improbable") apply at all?

Why would God care how long some operational method took, if He is devoid of time constraints?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2012 7:30:31 AM PDT
BPL,

Plus, I have it on good authority that "For God, All things are possible." Thus, I suggest that the "let it happen" scenario is one of those possible things. And it has the added advantage of God not being dictatorial.

Isn't it plain that in our world, God only intervenes when He has to? So can you explain to me why He had to do it your way, when my way is so much better & cleaner?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science forum
Participants:  90
Total posts:  1420
Initial post:  Oct 29, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 22, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions