Customer Discussions > See A Kindle In Your City forum

Kindle Fire Apps in Mexico

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2011 9:59:40 PM PST
Hi,

I just bought and received a Kindle Fire in the Amazon Store, i live in Mexico.
Kindle fire is an amazing tablet, but i just realize that i cannot download any app outside USA.
Is there any plan to change this... this is really annoying for me because the reason i bought a Kindle Fire was not only to read but to have apps, and stream amazon´s music and videos.

Do you have any alternative to this situation, or any hope of downloading and streaming in Mexico????

Thanks in advance

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2011 12:32:12 AM PST
Sue says:
The apps for the Kindle Fire are only available in the continental US. As far as anyone knows that has not changed. Amazon is not commenting on any expansion on this. It is wait-and-see situation.

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 9:22:31 AM PST
Here are a few options you can try.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-apps/16825-live-outside-u-s-heres-few-alternatives-android-market-amazon-appstore.html

Please get back with your feedback if they worked or not.
Thank you

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 1:46:35 PM PST
A. Monroy says:
Shouldn't take long. It's a bit ridiculous not being able to download applications available for other Android-based tablet this side of the border. Media (videos, music), I can understand. But really, no apps at all? That's disappointing.

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 10:10:17 PM PST
Cuerna C says:
I would also like to buy a Kindle Fire with an Amazon Prime subscription. Someone told me that I should get a VPN, that way my computer will think I am in the U.S. and not Mexico. Has anyone done this?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2011 12:50:59 PM PST
Dan Russell says:
I registered my kindle in the the states when I lived in Mexico. It did everything I wanted it to do except it gave me no problems. Apparently they go by what you tell them not where the unit actually is. I would suppose the Fire is the same. You might try deregistering and reregister in the states.

Posted on Dec 11, 2011 8:09:05 PM PST
It really is disappointing, no apps, no music, no movies. No disclaimer on the site saying this. Why bother with the Fire?????? I can get books, no problem, but should have stuck to my regular Kindle. Amazon needs to fix ths ASAP!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 5:14:43 AM PST
Cuerna C says:
I agree! I haven't purchased the Fire for this reason. The technology is there, I just don't understand why Amazon Prime can't go global.

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 7:25:05 PM PST
Raul Fuentes says:
Es un frauds el kindel fire si no gives en Mexico es lo Mas ridiculo que he tenido una tableta que no sieve Nona's que para bajar libros, en ese cask me hubiera quedado con mi kindel pasado.
estes kindel es basura

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 6:26:59 PM PDT
Unbelievable! I am shocked after purchasing a Fire for a son who lives part of the year in Mexico that basically it is just worthless for not only people with family on both sides of the border and as well the huge amount of people who travel for business and are often out of the country. I find it particularly annoying there is nothing explained when one buys the product and I see no "amazon" responses to these posts. Before they launched the product they really should have taken a look around at how peoples lives and families really are today in a global atmosphere. Basically these flaws are only going to build lots of low cost country alternatives much quicker and expose them becoming like RIM irrelvant for the future. I initially liked the product however as I interact with hundreds of multicultural people and people that travel I have learned from this mistake and will suggest any tablet "except the kindle".

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 2:10:32 PM PDT
Cuerna C says:
I ended up buying an iPad.

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 7:51:16 PM PDT
Your Rights Regarding Credit Repair

No one can legally remove accurate and timely negative information from a credit report. The law allows you to ask for an investigation of information in your file that you dispute as inaccurate or incomplete. There is no charge for this. Some people hire a company to investigate on their behalf, but anything a credit repair clinic can do legally, you can do for yourself at little or no cost. According to the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA):

You're entitled to a free report if a company takes "adverse action" against you, like denying your application for credit, insurance, or employment. You have to ask for your report within 60 days of receiving notice of the action. The notice will give you the name, address, and phone number of the consumer reporting company. You're also entitled to one free report a year if you're unemployed and plan to look for a job within 60 days; if you're on welfare; or if your report is inaccurate because of fraud, including identity theft.
Each of the nationwide http://www.creditimpress.com creditimpress credit impress

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2012 7:40:29 PM PDT
I also live in Mex and have used a VPN for several years as a number of companies do not stream or permit anything to Mex. It works great. Email me and I will gradly give the address for the VPN and price. Ken@sanblasmexico.com

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2012 7:42:29 PM PDT
See my post below for your solution. Ken@sanblasmexico.com

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 11:28:22 AM PDT
marti says:
i have a friend who lives in Mexico. I think she would be very interested in this. Please share the address. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 8:34:20 PM PDT
Maddy and others who may be interested. I have been using this addresses for several years. I love it! I find it to be inexpensive. In my area of Mexico the internet is not always very fast and because of this I have had a few problem with this system. The company is very good at solving any problems that I may occasionaly have. Check out :www.hidemyass.com Ken

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 12:31:17 AM PDT
J. Díaz says:
I also KF took it to Mexico and faced the same restriction issues when I tried to use Amazon Video, Pandora Radio, Tunein Radio, Hulu plus, CBS, ABC, NBC and Spotify. Apparently all I need was a VPN proxybased called "Unblock US" I signed for a monthly subscription for $5.00 it also provides a yearly subscription which is also great. Let tell you that this was a terrific deal, not only works on KF but also on my PC/ Mobile Phone allowing me to get rid of any restrictions on all devices connected to my Router. If you want to download apps from Amazon Store then you have to Register a US credit card. You can get a prepaid debit card from Walgreens or CVS and that should work. I live in Mexico and that's how you can make it work anywhere else inthe world.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 8:42:30 AM PST
I bought the Kindle Fire HD last december, can't download anything in México!, why Amazon?, i want to buy applications, the only solution that you gave me is rooting the device and download anything i want, where is your bussines if i do that?

I will wait two-tree months before rooting the fire, i hope this shortcoming gets a solution before.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2013 12:13:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 29, 2013 12:14:16 PM PST
I already subscribe to unblock-us on my computers, however, they were not able to help me configure my Kindle Fire so that I can stream video, music, etc. Speaking with 3 people at Amazon, they all say Amazon Kindle Fire cannot support VPNs. Please tell me how you were able to accomplish this feat? Thanks. I am an Amazon Prime member and have U.S. credit cards associated with my Amazon account.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2013 4:35:16 PM PST
ROBERTO says:
Easy, just change your DNs in the router, and you can access to the video prime subscription, i did it, months ago , and it works
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the See A Kindle In Your City forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Kindle in the Philippines 23 20 days ago
using kindle in India 302 20 days ago
Kannada fonts 1 23 days ago
does kindle support PDF and Microsoft Word Documents? 29 Oct 12, 2014
Kindle in Sofia, Bulgaria? 16 Sep 13, 2014
Is there Kindle coverage outside of the US? 164 Sep 10, 2014
Using kindle in mexico 201 Aug 29, 2014
Kindle Fire in Israel 5 Aug 25, 2014
Buying Kindle E Books in India 3 Jul 21, 2014
kindle in Japan 64 Jul 15, 2014
See a Kindle in Singapore 216 Dec 27, 2013
Added cost for International eBook purchases .... 96 Nov 23, 2013

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions