Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > See A Kindle In Your City forum

Any Kindles in Washington, DC?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 6, 2008 5:38:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 10, 2008 11:49:40 AM PDT
aiw2000 says:
I live in NW, Washington, DC. Does anyone in the area have a Kindle that I could have a look at? I've been researching the Kindle for a while, but I don't feel comfortable buying one without ever having seen it. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2008 9:05:00 AM PDT
I work in Downtown DC and just got a Kindle yesterday -and love it!. I'll be happy to show it to you

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2008 1:49:37 PM PDT
Hi Alicia,
My name is Dan and I am in Washington and would LOVE to see the Kindle. Would it be possible for me to see it sometime?

Thanks,
Dan

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2008 7:44:46 AM PDT
Auntie says:
My husband and I both own one. He works in downtown DC, and we live in Alexandria. We both love them!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2008 7:59:55 AM PDT
A. C. says:
Hi,

I live in Falls Church, VA and would like to see your Kindle. Would you be willing to meet with me?

Thanks,

Tony

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2008 8:00:03 AM PDT
A. C. says:
Hi,

I live in Falls Church, VA and would like to see your Kindle. Would you be willing to meet with me?

Thanks,

Tony

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2008 8:13:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 14, 2008 8:19:27 AM PDT
DonD says:
I work in downtown DC, live in Montgomery County, and ride the Metro between Twinbrook and Metro Center every day. That 35 minutes each way gives me lots of time to use my Kindle. I've had one since last January, and even though there are lots of things I'd improve on the Kindle (a folder system for organizing books, longer battery life, etc.), I love it.

Don

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2008 9:25:36 AM PDT
Hi,
my name is Andreas Geldner and I am a reporter for a group of German newspapers in Washington D.C. I would like to write a story for my German readers about the new Kindle. It would be great if I could meet you or someone else whom you know so I could see this interesting device and could talk a little bit about your experiences with it. (If you do not want to have your name published in the article, this is no problem, The name on the post is from my wife - I had to use her Amazon account.) You can send me a e-mail directly to a.geldner@stz.zgs.de. If you want to check out the website of my company: www.stuttgarter-zeitung.de. Half an hour to talk would be o.k. I am looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2008 11:09:32 AM PDT
I'd like to meet you at your convenience at Metro Center to take a look at your kindle. If there's a day/time next week that's good for you, please let me know. Thanks! monica.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2008 12:03:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 14, 2008 12:03:46 PM PDT
B. Belling says:
I work at 6th and E Streets, NW near the Verizon Center. Would love to take a look at your Kindle. Where is your office? Could we meet over a cup of coffee one day in the next week or two? Am generally at work by 8 am and leave at 4:45. Later this week would be good - Thursday or Friday maybe, or sometime the following week? No big rush if this is a busy time for you. Appreciate the offer.

Ms. Bronwyn Belling (bbelling@aol.com for direct response)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2008 7:33:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2008 7:35:46 PM PDT
To DonD!
I live in Montgomery Village and would love to take a look at your Kindle if possible. I've told my husband that I want one for Christmas, so I think he'd like to see it too before he invests in one. Do you have any time on the weekends that you'd be willing to meet with us? Many thanks,

Lynn R

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2008 7:08:27 PM PDT
ScottBooks says:
Lynn,

I have a Kindle in Germantown that you and your husband can see. Give me a call, I'm in the book.

Scott

To the other DC people, I'll have my Kindle on the Mall Saturday at the National Book Festival. Post if you'd like to meet then.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2008 10:05:23 AM PDT
Thank you! I will be in touch - just heard about the NBF this morning, so I might catch up with you there. One way or another, I'll be in touch.

Lynn

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2008 1:54:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 24, 2008 1:58:44 PM PDT
Kim says:
Hi,

I live in NW DC (near the Van Ness metro) and would like to take a look at someone's Kindle. Would anyone with a Kindle be able to meet me by the Van Ness metro (or any other metro stop up to Medical Center) to show off their Kindle? I just saw the Oprah show featuring the Kindle, and it looks great. However, I don't like buying something at such a high price tag without having seen or tried it out first.

Thanks!
Kim
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the See A Kindle In Your City forum

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Jun 6, 2008
Latest post:  Oct 24, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions