Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Customer Discussions > See A Kindle In Your City forum

Kindle in New Orleans

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 61 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2012 8:07:55 PM PDT
It turned out okay. I just put in kindle case diy in the search engine and came up with a bunch of options. I ended up using an old book from my office (1969), hollowed it out and followed the instructions (glue and water to the pages to make it hard). Then I took some fabric and glued it to a book (btw, I used a hard cover book), and put a piece of elastic on it to make sure it stays shut. It works for me and people are impressed with it. There are instructions for sewing a cover and making a faux leather one which will be my next option. If I am allowed to put the links on here I will. It was fun and very easy to do. I like what I have.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 8:30:37 PM PDT
CCH says:
Thanks Ava. I did a Google search and found very similar instructions. I don't have any books that I am willing to destroy right now, so I will stick with the 2 covers and neoprene sleeve that I have. It is very original though. May be a future project for me. Thanks again for the info.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2012 5:31:13 PM PDT
CCH: Thanks for asking. I have two short stories available on Kindle for $.99 each; both stories feature the protagonist from BARONNE STRRET.

The first is ASH WEDNESDAY, which is a re-telling of Cinderella. Two versions are bundled together. One version appeared in the anthology "Erotic New Orleans" and is rated NC-7. The other version appeared in Thrilling Detective magazine and is safe enough to use as a bedtime story.

The other is PRICE TAG ATTACHED; it is a collaboration between O.Neil De Noux and I; it originally appeared in in Alfred Hitchcock Mystery magazine.

Kent

www.kentwestmoreland.com

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2012 9:55:22 PM PDT
CCH says:
Thanks Kent, I will add them to my Library!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2012 3:40:25 PM PDT
bshimoura says:
yes, active reader in Kenner close to New Orleans

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2012 3:52:55 PM PDT
CCH says:
Hi Linedancer48071: I am in New Orleans and an avid reader.....got my Kindle Touch for Christmas and I love it! Very happy with the new update too.

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 12:03:34 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 27, 2012 5:10:36 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 12:51:59 AM PDT
Allison says:
This is probably a stupid question, but here goes : I too am NOLA born & raised, but living in the Picayune, MS area. I have a newish Kindle Fire.Can you get a library card via the Internet? It doesn't appear my local library has Kindle borrowing ability, so I'm just wondering if I can belong to and borrow from another library? I appreciate the local talent/ writer's info! Thanks posters!

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 8:29:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 19, 2012 8:31:50 PM PDT
CCH says:
Allison: You should call the Library in Slidell, I am sure you can get a Library card there. I live in N.O. but got my Library card in Metaire, Jefferson Parish. I also, have a N.O. Library card, but the Jefferson Parish Libraries seem to have a much larger selection of eBooks. It's worth it because you get the books free, can keep books for 21 days, and you only enter your Library card number to download books. I have borrowed several, and they appear in your Kindle Library on Amazon and you just click "Return to Library" when you are finished with the book. I can borrow 10 books at a time. You can also subscribe to ereadernewstoday.com and pixelofink.com and receive daily email list of FREE books.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2012 6:29:59 AM PDT
Allison says:
Thank you for your thoughtful, informative reply! I really appreciate it! I will definitely take your advice! Happy reading!

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 9:18:57 AM PDT
Claude says:
Hello to all the Kindle users in New Orleans which is my fathers birth place!!

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 9:54:45 AM PDT
CCH says:
Thanks Claude!

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 10:10:48 AM PDT
kgkdh says:
Hi there, I just wrote a paranormal romance/thriller, Kade's Dark Embrace, that takes place in New Orleans. My husband and I love it there! :-) So I was happy to use it as a location. The book actually starts in Philadelphia and ends up in New Orleans.

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 6:11:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 20, 2012 6:11:43 PM PDT
CCH says:
kgkdh: Thanks for the post, I will definitely check out that thriller!

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 6:45:04 PM PDT
Sorry I haven't written. I've been busy with Jazz Fest. I volunteer there so I've been doing it for three days now. It was hot today. Have fun.

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 8:38:47 PM PDT
My coming of age novel, 1964: Chasing a Dream is set in New Orleans. The cover is a 1964 shot from Lee Circle.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 8:48:57 PM PDT
CCH says:
Ms. Smith, thanks for the info. I will look for your book on Amazon. I really enjoy reading books set in New Orleans or surrounding Parishes.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 9:11:42 PM PDT
Your welcome, CCH. I have always enjoyed reading books set in New Orleans. That is why I enjoy writing books set there as well.

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 9:24:14 PM PDT
CCH says:
Ms. Smith: Have you written other books set in New Orleans?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 9:27:37 PM PDT
CCH
I have written a contemporary romance that is partially set in New Orleans. The main character is from New Orleans and she goes to Nova Scotia to settle her grandfather's will. It is called Heart of Winter. I have spent much time in New Orleans and lived there for a little while. I love the place, can't get enough of it. It had my heart from the first visit.
Most of my other books are set in Nova Scotia, where I live.
Your reply to Carol Marlene Smith's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2012 2:05:29 AM PDT
Gift Card says:
If you have internet access, you can still connect and download to your pc and transfer the purchases. I got lucky when my husband got his iPad, we then got wifi at home with our new purchase of wireless router.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 8:12:25 AM PDT
Tamarah says:
Good morning!

I am not located in New Orleans, but from Jackson. But, New Orleans is the closest discussion that I saw to the south on kindle for me. My ebook, "Inspirational Poems for the Storms" is published for $9.99 for readers who enjoy poetry and seek encouragement and inspiration throughout these difficult times that we are living in.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 9:04:42 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 6, 2012 3:11:46 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 4:41:20 PM PDT
P. Scott says:
I am in the Lafayette area, but from New Orleans. My entire family lives in NOLA, including my daughter. She gave me a Kindle fire for my birthday and I love it. I read constantly..even in line at Wal-mart.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 8:39:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 13, 2012 8:40:07 PM PDT
CCH says:
P. Scott: I have the Kindle Touch, and I am an avid reader. I love it! Received my Kindle for Christmas, and I can't believe I waited so long to try it. I thought I would miss holding my books, but I love the Kindle. So convenient to carry in my purse and download books anytime. So far I have 212 book! I bought a few, but most of them I got FREE!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the See A Kindle In Your City forum

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  61
Initial post:  Mar 28, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions