Customer Discussions > Self-help forum

Question # 1 What do you think it means when a guy...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 31 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 6, 2009 9:38:56 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2009 11:18:00 PM PDT
Oregongirl says:
It means the guy wasn't interested enough in the date to call back. It's the same for a girl. If he waits 2 months, then either the reason was legit, or he's giving his date another chance. The same goes for a girl.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2009 5:12:01 AM PDT
Maybe he is shy ;)? Or maybe he was in emergency room after a car accident? Depends on situation and personality.

Posted on Oct 1, 2009 9:59:32 AM PDT
Let's cut the bull, people.

Maybe he realized he couldn't do better, dropped his standards (or reprioritized, or grew up, whatever you wanna call it) and called you.
Women do exact same thing.

That's reality. Deal.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2009 1:15:25 PM PDT
Charlon Bobo says:
Honestly, we get so hung up on the 'whys' of life when, in the end, it never matters. When we create full lives and become so extraordinary as we stand in our own power, we stop trying to figure out people and situations and simply enjoy our lives. What is he thinking? Who cares?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2009 4:40:12 PM PDT
Marc says:
No excuse. When you are interested in someone, you call them after a first date within 24 hours, even if your mother is hit by a car. If they go up to 48 hours it means they are either really shy or not that interested or maybe playing games. If it goes longer than that....its toast. Next! No exceptions. If you date someone and neither of you call within aqn hour of getting home it means one of you has no class. Dump the other person. Quick! When I was actually hit by a car and in the hospital, I called this woman I had just had 2 dates with to let her know why I was not going to be available for a while. And this was before cell phones! I did it because I was crazy about her. "Love is as love does." This goes especially on the internet when you have a conversation or email contact with someone and they dont make contact for 3 or more days. Its dead, especially if you already talked by phone even if you havent met yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2009 5:33:17 PM PDT
Wow. You live in a different world, don't you? Where is it? I want to join you. It sounds like a world where people have a bit more self-worth and are relatively emotionally mature. It sounds like a happier, logical world where women don't play all kinds of mind games like ignoring your calls even after you call them at the 48 hour mark, and then later claiming that you didn't try hard enough so you didn't care.

F*** that. I want to be in YOUR world. Come get me, bro. I'll even chip in for gas money.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2009 10:50:54 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 18, 2009 11:58:53 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2009 4:16:25 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2009 11:33:56 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2009 12:00:10 AM PDT
Vanilla says:
"STFU. Who was even talking to you? Get da F*** outta here...!!"

If you respond to negative criticism with an attitude like that, I can see why you would only attract the immature, game playing women. The logical, emotionally mature women probably think you're immature and avoid you.

"It sounds like a happier, logical world where women don't play all kinds of mind games like ignoring your calls even after you call them at the 48 hour mark"

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2009 1:59:18 AM PDT
...wait, WHAT??

You don't even KNOW ME!! I'm happily married with a...

You know what? I am done with this thread. Have a nice life.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2009 3:01:10 AM PDT

Posted on Oct 27, 2009 10:43:04 PM PDT
tea drinker says:
I am married. When my wife and I were dating, we didn't have a hard fast rule. All I know is that we were both interested enough in each other after the first date that we did want to get to know each other better. She had a cell phone. I had a cell phone. I had to watch my minutes. She had to watch her minutes. So I would call her or she would call me after 9pm when ever she wasn't too exhausted from work. She is a morning person. I am a night person. It still works out. If she didn't answer then I figured she had lights out and her head on the pillow so I would leave her a message on her voice mail to listen to the next day. No big deal. I dated other ladies that would not return my calls after a first date no matter when I called. I also didn't call ladies back either after a first date even if they called me. It goes both ways. I cannot say that there is a hard fast rule as to when or whom should call after a first date. I can say that you should just use your gut intuition to realize that no matter who calls or when they call, if the other person doesn't respond then that other person IS NOT INTERESTED. Period. I hope this helps.

Posted on Nov 17, 2009 5:04:44 PM PST
Could it be that telling a person you will never call them again at the conclusion of a mediocre date might be a bit awkward? If the date was so bad that you actually hate your date, a last shotgun blast like "I'll call you when hell freezes over!" might be appropriate. Otherwise, white lie niceties like an unspecific "I'll call you." might be the better social option. Just sayin'. What I want to know is why do women believe men in the first place? Assume the worst and avoid disappointment.

Posted on Dec 9, 2009 4:46:24 AM PST
Futzbucket says:
Doesn't mean anything. Or may be it does and I just don't care.

I don't put stock in anything people say or do. If I enjoyed their company, then it's always welcome back.

I guess I've never met a human worth giving a crap about.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 1:10:59 AM PDT
A Customer says:
There's a book titled "He's Just Not That Into You: The No Excuses Truth To Understanding Guys" by Greg Behrendt.

He doesn't call back because "he's just not that into you". And he calls 2 months later because he can't get a date and he wants sex. He doesn't respect you he just wants sex. And he's tried numerous other women and can't get it (at least for that night he's calling you).

Posted on Aug 14, 2010 9:12:09 PM PDT
MrImmoli says:
"If you date someone and neither of you call within aqn hour of getting home it means one of you has no class."

Is this a joke? If I went on a date with someone and they were calling me to talk after a hour of leaving them then I would think something was wrong with them and seriously consider dumping them.

Posted on Aug 17, 2010 12:43:51 PM PDT
Lisa says:
He didn't call soon after the date because he just wasn't into you. But who cares? I am sure you've been on dates and you weren't into the guy, so it all works out. If you had no plans for the evening and he wanted to see you again, what is wrong with letting him buy you a few drinks or dinner or whatever and then give him a peck on the cheek or a handshake? He doesn't get laid, and you get a free drinks and/or a dinner with the dude and he had his just desserts for not calling. It all works out in the end.

Posted on Aug 17, 2010 1:02:31 PM PDT
Ref Girl says:
It could just mean that life is more complicated than anyone would care to admit and any rules you make about how the opposite sex should behave will be confounded. I've been happily married to a terrific guy for the past 25 years, but I kissed a lot of frogs to find that particular prince!

Posted on Aug 19, 2010 4:34:33 PM PDT
From my observation from the inner circle, the guy is a player and is back for another round.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2010 4:59:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 9:08:58 AM PST
A Customer says:
Thank you Robert. Nice to see a man says it like it is. If only women would believe it. I tried to tell her. Them blinders are really hard for some women to take off. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 24, 2010 10:10:41 AM PDT
maddy says:
OMG He is not in to you. Baby, its a booty call

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2010 11:25:03 PM PDT
axesbowledaslove - "Could it be that telling a person you will never call them again at the conclusion of a mediocre date might be a bit awkward? If the date was so bad that you actually hate your date, a last shotgun blast like "I'll call you when hell freezes over!" might be appropriate. Otherwise, white lie niceties like an unspecific "I'll call you." might be the better social option. Just sayin'. What I want to know is why do women believe men in the first place? Assume the worst and avoid disappointment."

This is basically how I feel about it. I even remember one situation that WASN'T a date and some girl still wanted me to call her. I went to a bar with my brother and a girl from his education class seemed really into me for some reason and insisted that I sit next to her so she could chat with me. Why she was so interested in me, specifically, I have no idea, but I was a bit tense because I don't like bars, crowds, or loud places and she kept putting her hands on my shoulders and asking me to relax, which isn't easy to do if you're not comfortable with your surroundings. Anyway, just before she left for the night she suddenly exclaimed "you know what? You should call me sometime!" Rather than lie to her, I just said that I didn't have her number, which backfired, because then she offered to program her number into my phone, which I allowed. My brother seemed happy for me and said that she was a cool girl and I admit that she did seem to have a nice personality, but I'm not really comfortable meeting women in bars and I wasn't attracted to her anyway, so I eventually deleted her number.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2010 10:01:26 AM PDT
Peridot says:
Unless he was called away and out of the country OR IN A COMA, he's just not that into you. I say this in caps because there aren't that many good reasons for him not to have called. Was he in jail? Did he use his one call to call someone else? Is he a flake?

If he didn't call because he had good reason (see above) it's OK. If he's a flake, do you want to be involved with him? If he blew you off, this kind of behaviour will continue.

Run fast, run far.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Self-help forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  31
Initial post:  Sep 6, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions