Customer Discussions > Self-help forum

Adults sleep better with a pacifier...any comments?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 13, 2009 12:16:33 PM PDT
ginger1252 says:
I read somewhere that adults actually sleep better if they use some type of pacifier. It calms them and helps them to relax. It takes us back to the bottle days when we felt safe and comforted. I gave it a try and it does seem to work. Any body out there ever tried this?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2009 2:25:54 PM PDT
M.M.M. says:
I'm sure a lot of you all would.

Posted on Sep 13, 2009 3:04:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 16, 2009 9:48:29 PM PDT
J. Westwind says:
Wht not? It would probably work about the same as a 'Night Guard' -- or whatever they're called.

Plus, you could get a picture of your partner using one and put it all over the Internet just to embarrass him/her ;D

Posted on Sep 16, 2009 2:12:29 PM PDT
Oh man that sounds awesome.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 5:44:07 AM PDT
Debi says:
Yes both my wife and I suck on baby MAM pacifiers.Our sleep is awesome!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 3:43:06 AM PDT
I don't know if the person using the pacifier would sleep better, but assuming it stays in the mouth, snoring would be eliminated. Not sleep apnea, but snoring.

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 3:44:47 PM PDT
PM says:
How about just sucking your thumb? I used to do that once in a while for comfort and it brings you back to a baby-like state where you feel very secure and content, making you sleep more soundly. I don't think I've done that since I was married tho...my husband would think I was nuts. Spooning with him works similarly for me, so I do that instead.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 3:59:03 PM PST
G. Petrask says:
sound sleeper says: started using one about a month ago and yes it helps you fall into a deep sleep, I find I breath better and don't wake up with a dry mouth.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 4:01:30 PM PST
G. Petrask says:
started using one a month ago and yes you do sleep better, I fall into a deeper sleep and it helps in the snoring dept. By having it in your mouth it holds the tongue down and makes you breath thru your nose. No more waking with dry mouth.

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 9:44:26 PM PST
PennyLane says:
I wanted to find an adult pacifier when I was working on quitting smoking years ago but I had no idea where to find such a thing but I didn't think of using it for sleep in general but I (as an aside) did used to rock all night long- till I went to sleep every night for many many years. I quit in the last decade for some reason (too old and feeble? lol) Someone told me monkeys rock themselves when they did not get proper mothering as baby monkeys. I don't know if that is true however. These days I listen to relaxation meditation music and sounds all night. hmm for adults- I think that if the pacifier doesn't fit the mouth (too large or odd shaped) that could be a problem over time though too and maybe mess up breathing.

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 1:53:25 PM PST
John Bryan says:
John Bryan teaches how to develop your own internal Random Access Memory to use when confronted with a stressful situation. Following the principals outlined in this very readable book, a reader automatically searches their newly developed memory with the speed of a highly developed RAM and pulls up the "affirmations" loaded into your internal RAM, which provide instant guidance to resolve stressful decisions in a positive manner. http://inputoutputgame.com
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Self-help forum (422 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
I'm gay, but I HATE gays. Please help! 110 12 days ago
Information that's not widely available 0 Jan 15, 2015
Why is the God of the Bible so angry? Also - Adam and Eve... come on? 8568 Jan 8, 2015
Is there a Key to Happiness? 1319 Oct 18, 2014
Why is it so difficult attempting to live one's dream? 7 Oct 17, 2014
What is the best new Self Helf book you have read? 194 Oct 17, 2014
Can we really predict future based on past ? 0 Oct 16, 2014
Source of Happiness - Your own heart OR External People (lifeconcepts.info) 0 Oct 16, 2014
Heart and Mind - How to bring them together 0 Oct 16, 2014
Are there any self help books not containing religion? 97 Oct 16, 2014
i made a easy 20% gain in the stock market today with solid proof 1 Oct 12, 2014
My Philosophy of Life 1 Oct 12, 2014

This discussion

Discussion in:  Self-help forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Sep 13, 2009
Latest post:  Feb 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions