Customer Discussions > Self-help forum

What is the real meaning of Love?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 22, 2008 1:42:44 AM PST
Timothy Tang says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2008 2:42:05 AM PST
Well, Timothy, it's a point of view, but a pretty simplistic one.

Perhaps that's why it's turned out to be a rather ineffectual self-advertisement?

I hope this doesn't come across as being rude, but my personal reaction to your post is the thought that I'm not likely to find any "real" answers in your book.

Maybe you could edit your post to make it punchier and more inviting?

Just a thought.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2008 12:33:38 PM PST
Bobby Allen says:
Love means different things to different people. The most important thing is to love yourself first. Ask, Believe, Receive - 7 Days to Increased Wealth, Better Relationships, and a Life You Love (...Even When it Seems Impossible) can help you get a start point with loving yourself and others.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2008 7:04:34 AM PST
Well, A.J., you seem to know a thing or two ... tell me, how can I get people talking about The Secret Language of the Heart? Your comments would be appreciated ...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2008 5:49:12 PM PST
Seneca 101 says:
Love can be perceived and experienced differently, however to me love is alchemy, it is transformation. When you truly love it becomes a quality of you, an aura, an essence that you emanate. When love occurs, change occurs. Changes in you emotionally and in every fiber of your being and in your perspectives and philosophies of life. Love is a burning bush, a fire that is hard to put out, once its alive. Its a never ending source of energy and power that still in this millenium we dont comprehend. Amor est vitae essentia- translates from latin to english- Love is the essence of life. It is our most prized possesion, our most magical encounter, the place and home where we cease to be separated and we become one with the beloved. It is a play between the beloved and the lover until they find and melt into each other.. Love is much more that what you imagine thus now..
Search and seek for it.. you shan't regret it..

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2008 7:31:47 PM PST
Beautifully expressed. It reminds me of a poem:
I have died a thousand times this day
A million times since I first saw your face,
Paralyzed
Frozen
Overwhelmed to the point where tears no longer flow
I am so alive with love
I can no longer live
like a normal person.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2008 6:11:01 PM PDT
Baxter says:
Love is CHARITY. Selflessness can only be obtained by Jehovah GOD because God is Love. To KNOW Him is to KNOW GENUINE SELFLESS LOVE. Love gives without any motive or intent only to see the JOY of the receiver which BREEDS Happiness in the Giver.
Baxter

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2008 7:43:44 PM PDT
Love is whishing what's best for the object of your desire , regardless of you being part of his/her life.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2009 9:25:02 PM PDT
O. Marie says:
Here is my blog: http://helpourheartsjesus.blogspot.com/

I just wanted a spot to write out some of my thoughts on connecting with other people, in regard to making heart-connections. It's a little quirky, but I hope you enjoy it!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2009 9:34:07 PM PDT
O. Marie says:
This certainly describes the last 5 years of my life!

But let me just add here, if you ever survive an experience like paralysis, you will learn how important it is to let go of all your attachments to all things you might be trying to control. Controlling, I think, is the opposite of love.

Some people have to bottom-out in that way, before they can start to LIVE again. Love happens on a different plane of reality, then. For sure, you no longer live like a normal person, because you have had a first-hand experience with compassion. Without compassion, death is certain. There is love in passion, and there is love in compassion. Love comes in wanting to be involved with life again. If a person is overwhelmed and paralyzed, I don't think it is love, it is something else. We have to be very gentle with ourselves. Of course, these are the things all great religious teachings attempt to teach us.

Posted on May 3, 2009 9:59:25 PM PDT
Love has to be unconditional.
Love is what we give, not really what we receive.
Love means very different things in different cultures.
Love is different from like. We might love someone, but not like all the things that he/she does.
Love might be really like that is confused, temporarily, with love.
Love, the real pure love is eternal!
That is what I have learned in 60 years of life....maybe, that it is not all right?

Posted on May 4, 2009 6:52:52 AM PDT
Timothy Tang says:
An update:

Love is acceptance.

Join my Facebook group-
Know Thyself and Return to Soul: Way of True Ascension and Enlightenment
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=16582554870

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 4:20:08 PM PST
B. slowe says:
yes, yes

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 11:50:37 AM PST
There is a difference between being in love and loving. Being in love uses the 3 Little Cs: Control, Criticism, and Conditions. Loving uses the 3 Big Cs: Care, Concern and Courage.

My experience is that most of us start out 'being in love' and if we work at the relationship we learn how to 'love'.

What may be less clear is that the relationship that we must practice on to go from being in love with to loving is our relationship with ourselves.

Gordon No More Faceplants: The Choice At the Fork in Your Life's Path

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 4:35:24 PM PST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz2LTIkWIB0

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 4:51:57 PM PST
The most deceptive lie: belief that catholicism is of Christ

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 1:31:15 PM PST
John Bryan says:
John Bryan teaches how to develop your own internal Random Access Memory to use when confronted with a stressful situation. Following the principals outlined in this very readable book, a reader automatically searches their newly developed memory with the speed of a highly developed RAM and pulls up the "affirmations" loaded into your internal RAM, which provide instant guidance to resolve stressful decisions in a positive manner. http://inputoutputgame.com
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Self-help forum (421 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Is there a Key to Happiness? 1319 Oct 18, 2014
Why is it so difficult attempting to live one's dream? 7 Oct 17, 2014
What is the best new Self Helf book you have read? 194 Oct 17, 2014
Can we really predict future based on past ? 0 Oct 16, 2014
Source of Happiness - Your own heart OR External People (lifeconcepts.info) 0 Oct 16, 2014
Heart and Mind - How to bring them together 0 Oct 16, 2014
Are there any self help books not containing religion? 97 Oct 16, 2014
Why is the God of the Bible so angry? Also - Adam and Eve... come on? 8566 Oct 14, 2014
i made a easy 20% gain in the stock market today with solid proof 1 Oct 12, 2014
My Philosophy of Life 1 Oct 12, 2014
Does material success gives you happiness or is happiness different from material success? 9 Sep 26, 2014
David Deida: Feminine & Masculine Sexiness, 3rd Stage Relationships, Purpose & Heart - 1999 0 Aug 20, 2014

This discussion

Discussion in:  Self-help forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Feb 22, 2008
Latest post:  Feb 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions