Customer Discussions > Self-help forum

What is the soul

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 21, 2012 5:27:17 AM PST
The soul is a basic concept in Christianity. It is a something that survives after death, so the body is not a part of the Christian soul. It is something that is permanent and goes on forever, for all eternity. Christians regard it as something real.

Buddhism, on the other hand, regards the soul as an illusion. I tend toward the Buddhist position, but am interested in the Christian position.

In any case, I see it as an interesting question to explore. I see two ways to explore it. The first is abstractly, impersonally. The second is very personal and individual. Then the question becomes "What is my soul?"

I plan to try to explore the question both ways, to go into the specifics and details of either question. Let the exploration begin!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 7:19:03 PM PST
I think the soul is most accurately depicted as the animating energy field that not only operates the body but seeks to interact with many other energetic sources from music to nature and even to God. It allows us to grow, to expand our areas of influence and to even experience things that the physical senses don't even know exist.

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 6:06:25 AM PST
jayn-ie says:
Watch as Kelly explores this question with her dying daughter. Two years of intensive study at the bedside, and, while I cant speak for her, my opinion is she agrees with fernandez. She did her Reiki Masters in that time, and went on after Artemissia's death to become a yoga teacher and metaphysical graduate. Worth exploring.Artemissia: A Spiritual Awakening
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Self-help forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 21, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions