Customer Discussions > Self-help forum

Terminal illness.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 23, 2012 3:16:21 PM PDT
But the age of 32 I was diagnosed with stage four metastatic breast cancer to my bone and spine and later at age 36 now to my brain frontal lobe. Can someone tell me what is the purpose of life? I am not married I worked two jobs Hoping to get ahead and then boom! Diagnosed with cancer. Are others out there like me ? that is dealing with a terminal illness how do you cope?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 5:33:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2012 5:37:56 PM PST
AC Dust says:
Debbie im sorry to hear that you have cancer...you ask the most important question anyone could ask...the purpose of life is to know your Creator, for it is God who made us and not we ourselves. Christ calls all men everywhere to repent and believe the gospel, not "church", not religion, but the gospel. In believing in Him, that He died for your disobedience and transgression so that you can have life eternal, He will renew your mind, give you rest, give you joy and true peace within..though your outerman may perish, Christ promised that you may have everlasting life, and that is the will of God.

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 9:33:44 PM PST
DandZsMom says:
I believe it's all relative. We are all so incredibly unique... what is meaningful to one person is not necessarily meaningful to another. I think it is important to understand that you are not alone, that in every way you are a part of something far greater than man can understand. And it is important to know that part of you will move on. Although I am not a Christian, I do believe part of us moves on after death. Simply speaking, the laws of physics state energy cannot cease- it can only change forms... so literally, part of us must live on. I find comfort in that. Also know that every life is precious, and however short the ride may be, it has truly been a gift. There's a beautiful quote in a Tyler Perry move (of all places!)... the mother has been diagnosed with cancer, and is given months to live, she tells the doctor not to be sad for her... "every day is a gift from God, and when he stops giving them to me, I get to go and be with him". I'm sure I didn't remember the quote exactly, but I found it to be inspiring. I pray you find comfort, and I truly wish you the best.

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 5:56:08 AM PST
jayn-ie says:
Sending lots of love and strength - as you have been getting from these lovely posts. Please know that you are teaching us all - an exqusite gift I am truly grateful for. Thank you for sharing, and I wish you peace and comfort.

Artemissia: A Spiritual Awakening

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 4:07:50 AM PST
The Sun God says:
Re: "Christ calls all men everywhere to repent."

What does He call all *women* everywhere to do?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x9e37f570)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Self-help forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Oct 23, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions