Customer Discussions > Self-help forum

Voices in Your/My Head

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 4, 2013 9:00:15 AM PST
I have read that many people hear a number of different voices in their head. Everyone hears at least one voice---it's called thinking---producing words in your head. Many of the voices people are reported to hear are figures in their lives: mother, father, spouse, sibling, grandparent, etc. I hear only one voice that I identify as I, or me, or my self.

I am hoping others will write here of the voice or voices in their heads. Who are they? Are they helpful? Or bothersome? Can you control the voice or voices? Can you silence it or them? Would you like to rid yourself of some of them. Have you taken medications to get rid of them?

I'll be back with more on my voice or voices.

Posted on Apr 1, 2013 6:56:24 AM PDT
Hi |Albert

I have a voice in my head that says: "Take no notice of people who ask you about having voices in your head. It's none of their damn business and you won't do anyone any good by encouraging them."

And the others all agreed.

Posted on Apr 1, 2013 9:05:54 AM PDT
I also took a slow, deep, deliberate breaths while putting a new battery into my right hearing aid. I relaxed the tension I was feeling and voila, it slipped into place much easier than usual. Trying to stay aware of every breath pays off for me. Would it for you? Not unless you give it a good try...

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 2:55:16 AM PDT
Great Cook says:
Hearing voice in your head?
I think that is called being, Schizophrenic ..

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2013 3:16:47 PM PDT
Jeff Marzano says:
Albert R. Rustebakke says:

[Who are they ?]

I responded to your question in the Religion forum. You may recall they were demons in my case.

People may not only hear things but also see things if they are in an environment where demonic or evil spiritual activity is happening. If a person stays in that type of environment too long they may become violent and potentially dangerous to themselves or others.

It's interesting that this type of energy produces that effect on people where they want to harm others.

Other possible effects are feelings of overwhelming sadness and fear.

From there it can lead into insomnia where the person cannot fall asleep. Now we're moving into the area of effects on both physical and mental health.

The fear, lack of sleep, voices, and whatever else the evil spirits do start to wear the person down to the point where they become vulnerable to various threats including demonic oppression or even possession.

There's some interesting TV shows about paranormal activity. These include:

Paranormal State
Paranormal Witness
A Haunting
The Haunted
The Dead Files

Some of those are available on DVD. I recommend them for people who are interested in what goes on during a haunting situation.

Posted on May 16, 2013 9:12:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2013 9:12:47 AM PDT
"theres someone in my head,but its not me"!

Posted on Jul 30, 2013 11:03:42 AM PDT
PM says:
Hi Albert...we meet again!! To answer your question, (and hopefully not stray off topic too much) I'm not aware of any "voices" in my head, but I have more like involuntary video instant-replay of incidents in my past, mostly unpleasant ones. It can be as benign as something someone said that hurt my feelings 30 years ago, to a life-altering experience, such as a loss of job, parent, friend, etc. So my mind recalls these events at times I am idle or just have time to think, and the imagery of that event plays out in my mind, along with the emotions that accompanied it when it happened. I thought I was just a negative person by nature dwelling on these negative events from my past, but I learned there's a physiological reason why we remember the bad things that have happened to us so much better than the good things. Because bad events trigger our emotions and fears and it is critical to our survival that we remember them well, our brains are equipped to permanently imprint the event in our memory. For those interested, here's an interesting article on the subject: http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/remember-bad-times-better-than-good.htm

Posted on Jul 31, 2013 5:59:31 AM PDT
B a N a N a! says:
Yo Albert my main man!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Self-help forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Mar 4, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 31, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions