Customer Discussions > Self-help forum

Onward Christian Soldiers Against The Gays!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 48 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 21, 2008 7:50:43 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 13, 2008 9:59:40 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2008 12:25:03 AM PDT
Akhenaten says:
Pray for the throwers of pies! "At least it's a fruit pie" ??? As opposed to a rock pie, gun pie, bomb pie??? Well I guess a pecan pie could've hurt. My bad. Burn the suicide pastryers! Ok I'll go watch the rest now and retch afterwards. Or during maybe.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2008 9:34:48 AM PDT
MeowMix says:
"All Christians knew homosexuals went to hell until a modern minority tried to make them forget it."

--Robin Lane Fox, historian, atheist, author of "Pagans and Christians," a history of the early church

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2008 11:07:18 AM PDT
tea drinker says:
You can quote anything that you want to justify anything you do. You can quote the bible or scientific studies. It doesn't make something wrong or make it right. It makes it only unacceptable when it is not welcome. If I don't like the way it feels when people keep staring at my body as a piece of meat that they would like to have sex with then it becomes unwelcome and it becomes a form of harassment. I have the right to be free from sexual harassment anywhere I go. Those who are gay say that they have to right to look at anybody anyway they want to. So do those that are straight. If that is so then why do I feel it being wrong and why do I feel so objectified? I have been to therapists, have taken medication, and those feelings will not go away anymore than a person who is gay has feelings that will not go away. I am not religious, but I do know that what I feel when a person lusts after my body is not good. It is not only not good it is negative energy or bad karma coming from another person. So, if a person is gay or is straight, please know that there are laws that protect us from sexual harassment, from persecution, from hatred, from discrimination. They exist in the workplace and in every other public establishment so that we don't have to be expected to be gay or be expected to be straight. I believe I have as many challenges being straight as those do who are being gay. I think it is because I may look gay but I am not gay, I have never have been gay, and I never will be gay. I just hope that the time will never come when I will be persecuted for being straight the same as those who have been persecuted for being gay.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2008 11:14:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 22, 2008 11:14:49 AM PDT
Richard, so sorry to hear of your experiences.

May I suggest some aura-strengthening techniques? Strengthening your aura can help you to not be so susceptible to the energies of others. You are probably very sensitive and may tend to absorb their energies more readily than others. There are some easy techniques you can utilize that could help you.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2008 11:20:32 AM PDT
tea drinker says:
Yes. Absolutely. I feel like I am constantly under attack from all this negative energy. Yes you are absolutely correct. My therapists told me that I am extra sensitive. I believe I was born that way. Anything you have to offer and any books you would recommend would greatly be appreciated.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2008 11:36:47 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 13, 2008 9:57:37 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2008 11:46:14 AM PDT
tea drinker says:
Sorry TD but I am not gay and am not in denial of being gay. That would be the equivalent of saying that you are in denial of being straight when you are really gay. The book you recommended is about one of being in denial of being gay. That book is not what I need.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2008 11:49:14 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 13, 2008 9:57:37 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2008 12:06:28 PM PDT
I just did a search on amazon.com and this looks good:

Exploring Auras: Cleansing And Strengthening Your Energy Field (Exploring Series)
by Susan G. Shumsky

There are others, but this looks the best from what I found on http://amazon.com. Since you said you are not religious, I was trying to find something appropriate for you. This book is spiritual but not religious. If you look at the review (and 'search inside') and find it too spiritual for your taste, let me know and I can surely find something more to your liking.

In the meantime, something you can do right now is visualize a bubble of light around your entire body, like you are standing inside a very bright, oval-shaped sun. Sort of like the 'shield' on Star Trek.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2008 12:15:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 22, 2008 12:15:47 PM PDT
In all fairness, some women feel objectified by both men and lesbian women but they're not necessarily lesbian, so it stands to reason that the same could be true of a man who may be very sensitive. Being gay could be one possible explanation, but there could also be other psychological explanations. Maybe he was gay or female in his last lifetime. Maybe he is just really sensitive or even psychic and just needs some techniques on how to deal with that. There are any number of possibilities, being gay being just one of them.

Whether gay or not, clearing the aura of negative energies and learning to strengthen the aura so it's not vulnerable to unwanted energies is a good place to start. You will be amazed at how much better you will feel! It's hard to find clarity when the aura is muddled from accumulated psychic garbage.

There may also be some psychic vampires in your environment. This book addressed that but I also know of some others that go into more detail on this. I'll see if I can find those titles as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2008 12:19:02 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 13, 2008 9:57:34 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2008 5:45:43 PM PDT
right on!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2008 11:34:08 PM PDT
tea drinker says:
No obsession intended. Its about freedom from harrassment. Like loveisthekey said, its about psychic vampires that suck your energy or steal your energy. Am I obsessed with them looking at me. No, I am a concernced citizen that am addressing issues of security and safety. When they come into my space/aura and attempt to steal my energy then it is the same as thieves coming into my house to steal my property. I wouldn't obsess about theives, I would merely have them locked up in jail and place more security devices on my house. Same thing with these disfunctional vampires. They will end up in jail for the perverts that they are and will end up jobless and then suck off of your tax dollars. Have fun and obsess about that!! In the mean time, I will place more security devices on my spiritual realm, aura, as I would do on my house. Thanks loveisthekey.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2008 5:27:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2008 5:56:53 PM PDT
D. Yates says:
Wow, you must be easy on the eye. Have you tried thinking of it as a compliment, as if it was a female giving you "the look"? Shrug it off and move on. It's not gay men who are thieving your energy, it is you giving it away to them. People can only take from you what you give.

Gays are not disfunctional vampires. I find gay society very invigorating. Most are extremely intelligent, creative, fun and are very accepting of others. Do you actually know any? It has been my experience that when I introduce a gay-bashing macho male friend of mine to a gay friend, my gay-bashing macho friend ends up being good friends with him. "Hey, gays are not at all like I thought they were," seems to be the consensus. Maybe you should try this to help you get over your phobia of gay men.

Here's something for you to think about: 10% of the American population are gay. That's over 30 million people in the United States alone. There are still millions out there who are afraid to admit they are gay because of societal views. So, 1 out of every 10 people you know are gay, even if you don't know they are.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2008 2:46:38 PM PDT
lightnow says:
Richard, One technique that I use is to envision a pure white light coming down from above and eveloping me. If it is particulary strong negative energy, I sometimes envision a rainbow around the white light. For me, this has been a particularly strong protection from the negativity or psychic vampires.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2008 11:43:14 PM PDT
Well. whatever happened to "love thy neighbor?"

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2008 2:49:30 AM PDT
tea drinker says:
Whatever happened to being responsible for ones behaviour and not identity? We are talking about unwanted behaviour that crosses the line into harassment. For that there is law. If somebody doesn't harass another then that somebody will not be harassed either. If one says that nobody follows that law then we have chaos and we cease to be civil when we decide not to follow the law. When one looks at another to lust, called leering under harassment law, and it is unwelcomed, then that is where the constitutional rights of the one doing the harassment ends and the constitutional rights of the one being harassed begin. Simply put, the behaviour is no longer acceptable. We as a society decide what is acceptable and not acceptable behaviour. That is what keeps us civil towards each other. Just because I don't accept my children's behaviour because it crosses the lines of civility into chaos doesn't mean I don't love them. It means that their behaviour is no longer acceptable and will not be tolerated. I believe I still have the right to discipline them as long as they are living under my roof. Yes. It is my roof because I am paying for it and they are NOT. I still "LOVE" them. If my children decide to do what they want and have no laws then they get to live in an un-civilized but secure or even possibly not secure environment. So far, last time I checked, the good ole USA is still under civil law and criminal law and that is why we put drug dealers, prostitutes, people who are obscene and lewd and lascivious people that want to be perverts, into jail or into a mental instituion. If those same people don't want to follow law and be civilized then they get to spend the rest of their lifes in a prison where their rights are stripped away. Four square walls and a three square meals a day at your , the tax payer, expense. That is called security. You could even call it social security. No pun intended. If one wants to keep inflicting their behaviour upon another and call it "Nornal" behaviour as a result of their identity, then that person gets to receive social security at the tax payer's expense. There are two things we can not get away from. Death and taxes except for those who live under social security in a prison. They don't get to pay taxes anymore and they are secured in a prison cell such that their death will be delayed. They, the perverted, will be protected under "the law" in a prison at the tax payer's expense. How ironic!! Of course for those people who come into this country legally or illegally, and don't have to pay taxes, that is another issue we are dealing with. What's next? Do we get rid of laws and do what we want becuase of our identity? If that is so then why not live in another country where this is no law and one gets to do what ever, where ever, when ever? There are several of those kind of countries in another continent. Those countries have mass disease, mass famine, mass homicide, mass death, mass ecological disaster. The spread of AIDS is quite evident in those countries where this no law. It all starts with behaviour and it all starts in the home and in society where we as a society decide what is acceptable and what is not acceptable. I will decide what I will stand for and what I will not stand for.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2008 11:10:26 AM PDT
adapt1 says:
Richard,

I believe in telling people the truth so I'm going to tell to you straight up. Your rantings about people staring at you and lusting for you, etc., are classic symptoms of paranoia. Ninety-nine percent of the people in this world don't think people are leering at them, and if someone does stare at them they don't care. Your last post borders on the bizzare, maybe hysteric.

It sounds like you have some very serious problems which I hope is being treated. I think the solution for what ails you isn't to be found on an Amazon posting board.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2008 11:39:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2008 11:44:52 AM PDT
tea drinker says:
That is what you think and you are entitled to your opinion. Unless you are an MD then you definitely are not qualified to make that determination. Thanks for personally attacking me. So here goes my personal attack to you. You are absolutely wrong. My doctor has determined that I have none of the above. Good try though. Maybe you might consider getting a reverse optirectomy? Oh by the way, I don't think people are staring at me. They are staring at me because I see them staring at me and how they are doing it. I don't think they are doing it. I know they are doing it and when I catch them doing it then they realize that it is wrong and not acceptable and usually apologize. That isn't paranoia. That is me not accepting someone elses destructive behaviour.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2008 12:34:23 PM PDT
adapt1 says:
First of all, nobody is attacking you...so get over it. If you're going to post in a public forum, then quit complaining when somebody offers their opinion. Guess what, it's not all about you.

Finally, I'll give you a little insight about the world. Most people don't care if people are staring at them. Most people are secure enough with their self image and self esteen that it doesn't bother them. If someone stares at me, I don't care! Why would I feel threatened? What difference is it going to make in my life if somebody else stares at me. Ooh! Are they thinking dirty thoughts about me? Are they fantasizing about me? Hah! I laugh at the thought. Who cares? Their thoughts are their own and if they want to stare at me, that's fine with me because I don't worry about such foolish things.

I mean, really, aren't there more important things in life than worry about whether somebody is staring at you?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2008 7:27:48 PM PDT
tea drinker says:
Thanks for attacking me again. So when is the reverse optirectomy scheduled? Who are you to tell any body to get over anything? Your remarks are a direct reflection upon your intelligence. It just goes to show how insensititve you are to others. Looks like you are complaining but you want others to quit complaining? Is it just like you to live a double standard? I guess so. Have a good one. You deserve it!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2008 2:17:18 PM PDT
adapt1 says:
You still didn't answer my question. Why would you feel threatened by someone staring at you? What do you think is going to happen? What are you afraid of?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2008 3:11:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2008 3:13:00 PM PDT
In response to the top 3 posts, what kind of Christians are you? Isn't Christianity about forgiveness, love thy neighbor and acceptance? What gives you the right to judge other human beings, are you playing God yourself? And about the things the Bible says, I believe the scriptures are guidelines for YOU to live your life, not judge others you don't even know. If you are truly trying to live a good Christian life, you shouldn't be worrying anyone but yourself and your own family. I mean come on, why does this upset you so much? You must either be highly prejudice or in denial of you own gay tendencies. Where does this path of hatred lead to, bombing a gay bar?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2008 5:23:09 PM PDT
tea drinker says:
Oh geez. Did you ask that question before? Let me go back and read your flaming remarks.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Self-help forum (416 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
I dont need to read the self development material thats out there, Its junk anyway. 0 May 17, 2014
Why is the God of the Bible so angry? Also - Adam and Eve... come on? 8561 May 10, 2014
Is there a Key to Happiness? 1313 May 9, 2014
I have worked successfully with crack/cocaine users for many years feel free to ask me any question 39 May 6, 2014
Does material success gives you happiness or is happiness different from material success? 6 Mar 21, 2014
Are there any self help books not containing religion? 96 Mar 12, 2014
i made a easy 20% gain in the stock market today with solid proof 0 Jan 25, 2014
Is It Really True There is Solution For Everything? 4 Jan 21, 2014
Attractive? "How can I know that what was taught to me was helpful or harmful?" 0 Jan 17, 2014
Why is it so difficult attempting to live one's dream? 4 Dec 29, 2013
Home remedy for skin tags? 13 Oct 14, 2013
What inspires you to keep going when too much life gets in the way? 3 Sep 9, 2013

This discussion

Discussion in:  Self-help forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  48
Initial post:  Mar 21, 2008
Latest post:  Jun 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions