Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Customer Discussions > Self-help forum

I'm a lesbian but I beleive in God what should I do?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 7251-7275 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 10:24:28 PM PDT
TN says:
<<without Christ, you go to Hell>>

Unbiblical, if hell means a firey hot place of eternal torment or torture.

"The wage of sin is death"

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 6:51:45 AM PDT
bachdog says:
The wage of labor is minimum

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 9:50:15 AM PDT
Weiss says:
Thanks Fortune!

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 4:31:31 PM PDT
Jamie says:
I don't see a contradiction. If God is love and God created you to his/her likeness as a loving being whether you are lesbian or not is irrelevant to how God created you. You may have sexual preferences, but you are not your preferences. You may need to consider who/what you really are and how you are valuing yourself. Beyond Self-Esteem: Discovering Your Boundless Self-Worth (Volume 1)

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 11:12:41 PM PDT
He Fang says:
God is the judge so gay/lesbian should take the question to God instead of amazon forum. If I am asked to give advice, I suggest pray.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 9:41:33 AM PDT
Dan Gendron says:
Being a lesbian is not a moral or immoral thing, what we do to others is what makes us moral or not ..,,, not who we sleep with.

Sheila
www.survivingsurvivalism.com

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 1:04:51 AM PDT
You are asking folks to have respect for others beliefs , in saying others have beliefs that are just as important , but you are calling faith a silly thing and also stating that it is all a Christian has.
Faith is not all a CHristian has. I am so sad that you do not know the things I have as a Christian. Faith , a silly thing? I have read degrading filthy remarks about Christians and our beliefs but never a remark so cold and unenlightened as calling faith a silly thing. You prove yourself disrespetful to others beliefs. I pray one day you will find faith enough to believe in the one Creater and HIs beloved Son , Jesus Christ of Nazareth and feel His love and forgiveness wash over you until you have joy and then you will see how having faith in such greatness is easy.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 5:20:29 AM PDT
Chris says:
Stop believing in god.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 12:45:02 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 20, 2012 12:45:42 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 4:39:25 PM PDT
bachdog says:
If god is all-powerful and the creator of the universe, and you believe that in your heart, great, it's your right to believe what you wish.

But if god made everything then he made all people and he made gays too.

If god made people, including gay people, then it must follow that he *made them* the way they are (attracted to the same sex and attraction is not a choice).

So then is it not a denial of god's power (at the least) to blame gays for the way they are, which is as the creator made them? Either that, or some people are implicitly claiming that god is not perfect and doesn't makes things exactly as he intended to. This is a contradiction, a direct contradiction, of what omnipotent, or all-powerful, means.

And so...god being all-powerful means that he created the devil too (the snake that just appears without explanation in the garden of Eden). It would further mean that he controls the devil's actions. Or maybe "all-powerful" is the wrong word for the god of the Bible, then? More like "sloppy worker who then throws tantrums at his mistakes?"

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 6:47:23 PM PDT
T. Fortune says:
When people are this sexually/emotionally repressed, they can find a way around anything, BatchDog- you must know this by now?

Here's the thing- these sorts won't ever say that their god made any sort of error, heaven forbid (so to speak). They can't actually say that- without fearing their ever-loving god sending down a whole can of whoop-*ss on 'em. So, what they do instead is pretty tricky- stay with me now...they say, "why yes, god made you BUT!~

YOU can never have a loving, physical relationship with someone of the same gender, because, well...it makes US personally uncomfortable because we're not quite sure how WE feel inside & we can't have you bringing this up & causing us to look at ourselves".

At many points in history, the already diluted & misinterpreted scripts that these folks hang their hats on got even more diluted. A book of humanity & humility got changed (by repressed power-seekers) into a tool of hatred & intolerance.

The LGBT community is just as valid, just as important, just as naturally-occurring as the straight population.

There you have it. Oh, imho... ;)

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 4:36:21 PM PDT
G. Jeffers says:
If you believe in God then ask God to open your mind. Im not judging you by any means but the bible does state that sexual immorality is a sin and they will not inherit the kingdom, read your bible. Nor will liers, fornicators and so forth. Truth is truth, I dont make the laws and his word is pure and if you worship him and praise him, you must do it in truth. Stop listening to man's opinions and read your word. Ask God to open up the scriptures so that you can comprehend them. It also says that you sin has no dominion over you if you are saved. Stick to the word of God not mans word. Blessing.....

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 8:21:34 PM PDT
bachdog says:
Define sexual immorality, like the kind stated in the bible.

Instead of more precisely discussing the sort of immorality that includes child molestation and rape, you are generalizing whole classes of people as "sinners" when loving and consenting relationships among adults...well there is nothing wrong with them. Does this even need stating?

Lying is a sin and those who perpetuate the Santa lie will not inherit the kingdom. and so forth.

The finger that is pointing in criticism at another person has three others fingers right next to it, pointing back at the critic.

People project their own fears about how not to be onto others, and then make value judgments to reinforce the idea. It's a ritual learned in childhood, learned behavior.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 8:33:18 PM PDT
bachdog says:
BTW, if Jesus really is an immortal god

then why is it a sacrifice to "die" on the cross when the definition of immortal god seems to exclude death as a possibility. Pain maybe, but terminated, not really.

jesus returns home to the right hand of his father and awaits his return

he told his disciples he would return in their lifetimes, in "their generation"

and he did that, three days after being subjected to public execution

and for this reason, early Christianity had a belief in reincarnation, a natural, cyclical return to the earth in somatic form, living beings, as exemplified by their master who rose in three days.

Then the decepticons, er catholics, deleted reincarnation, made up original sin (which appears no where in the bible as stated by evangelicals) and added a horror story about revenge called Revelation to top it off. He's coming back and it's going to be a horror show. Rapture is, as one person put it, a revenge fantasy.

Wait, what? This is the book that is supposed to describe the creator of the vast and amazing universe?

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 4:09:23 PM PDT
Dennis M. says:
One of the best ways to stop doing something is to seek help from someone who's been in your shoes.

I know nothing about being gay so I would not be able to offer any help but prayer dealing with the mental part of getting out.

I was browsing my website and forgot that I put a link at the bottom for gays that want to turn their lives over to God. This woman Whose name is T. Marie, was a lesbian for 6 years and has now been delivered for 12. She would be a great person to talk to and encourages people at the point in their life where you are, to come and just talk to her.

Her site is exgaygodsway.blogspot.com

now I haven't taken the time to read any comments on here but I'm sure there are plenty of comments on here bashing God and proclaiming to live your own will...

The very book unbelievers call a fairy tail is proven word for word by the actions of unbelivers.

He said we would be hated for his name sake. I bring up the word Jesus and I'm sure you want to spit on me through your computer screen; even though Jesus is no where close to his real name.

In all your hatred for God, you prove his words and help us believe.. So to the unbelievers, I say thank you for what you do...

I'm going to get off now because today is the sabbath and I need to finish up studying.

Everyone have a blessed day

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 7:53:53 AM PDT
P. F. Watson says:
Desire and Need

Posted on on my blog http://you2canhavebetterlove.blog.com on June 14, 2012 .

Your body has needs and desires. Fufilling the needs keep you healthy, happy and enjoying long life. Desires ooze from our body and mind. So we desire specific foods to eat, while the body only needs a set amount of protein, carbs, vitamins, minerals, fats and water. If doesnot matter the source, as long as the need is met.

When we live to satisfy our desires, it takes way more than your body needs to actually be satisfied. So you will overeat beyond your full level because the desire is still so great; it is not quenched by the time your stomach says it full.

You can conquer this dilemna by deciding and reminding yourself that you eat to fill the need your body has for food. You will eat only what your body needs, which often times is less than half of what is on your plate, and you will enjoy the tasty morsel.

Your desire will never be fully satisfied. You may become like an animal chasing its tail, never quite catching it but always coming so close. It is the act of chasing the desire and trying to satisfy it that leads many persons to misuse and abuse their bodies and later bear the pain, disease and sickness arising from the action.

You quench desires with the truth of the needs of your body. Live abundantly happy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 8:03:22 AM PDT
P. F. Watson says:
Intellectual Property Rights

from my blog http://you2canhavebetterlove.blog.com posted on June 5, 2012

God owns the intellectual property rights on your body. Your body is the temple of God; it belongs to Him. It is like this analogy. A computer genius creates a programme. He designs and formats it and the result is beautiful. He releases it to open use. Others come along and add to it; extend it and rework it into many applications. The genius comes back and sees the programme. He immediately recognizes it as his and also sees all the variations done to it. Everything however is built on his original blueprint and programme. He immediately taps in his code with the original programming language and walla! the programme responds to him as if he never left.

All human beings are built on the original blueprint of God. We all admire a computer technician who can with a few strokes of the keys bring up that black and white screen with what apperas to be gibberish to the rest of us; he works quickly and correct whatever it is that is wrong with our favourite device. A few more strokes of the keys and your normal view of bright colours and graphics are back on view. We are all the same at our core makeup; we are built on the same platform. Our outer appearance differ, but don't be fooled, because at the core we are all from the same blueprint. The computer genius can input his programming language at any time and take control of the programme.

Our bodies are built using God's words. The word of God is the original programming language for our body. It will always respond to the word of God, it has no other option. It is built on that platform. God created the blue print that your body is formed from; His words, His powerful words, brought your cells into being and your body will respond to His commands and words even now.

So God could command your body to fall on its face and worship him for 7 days straight without pausing to eat, sleep or take a bathroom break. Your body would respond; it couldn't refuse the command. But God is not like that, He gave you freewill so you can decide what to do with your body. A person should not take this however to mean that you own your body and can do whatever you choose with it. You possess your body, you live in it, but it is not yours. You don't own the intellectual property rights to it. You have a lease that gives you freewill. The right's owner, God, gives you the clauses of the contract of the lease or the parameters of how you should maintain His property. Many persons however, violate the lease and want to believe they can do whatever they choose with the property.

Your body belongs to God. Honour him in how you use and treat your body.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 8:09:55 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 25, 2012 8:10:16 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 8:33:54 AM PDT
Roger M says:
It's been a while since I've seen as much bigoted religious crap as this thread offers.
If you want to 1: Feel miserable, go read some crazy fiction, like the bible. 2: Start believing the crappy fiction. 3: Try to feel better (unworthy to be happy for being the person you really are) by adapting your life to the fiction. 4: Live your miserable life following the fiction, but rest assured, you will die with hope of a better afterlife. Of course, the afterlife is very much likely to be as much fiction as the holy crappy book is.
My advice: Get rid of the fear of any goddish monster. Find a person you can truly love. Live your life and be happy because you are the one you are. No imbecile idea of a "greater" father-figure existing only in people's mind should make you even think of changing the person you really are.
I have to add a thought experiment though:
Pray to the god to make you horny and feel love for ONLY the person god wants for you. So, next time you feel an attraction to a person, you might as well thank god for the guidance and acceptance for your choice. Ah, god is great, isn't HE? And as the misguided, brainwashed crowd says: Prayers really, really works ;-)

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 8:42:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 25, 2012 8:43:48 AM PDT
Cheryl Ross says:
It's easier to change your beliefs than your sexual orientation.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 8:45:06 AM PDT
Well said, Cheryl ....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 5:12:13 PM PDT
T. Fortune says:
Dennis M.

There is no such thing as "ex-gay". You're either homosexual or you are not. The people on the site you mention are either still homosexual & have decided to repress it/live a lie suiting others, or they are simply bisexual. It's not a mystery nor a miracle.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 5:59:07 PM PDT
bachdog says:
Why do religious people continue to claim that the god-story-description of the Bible is all powerful but gives people free will? What is free will? Do you really have free will? Can you turn your hair purple at whim? Can you fly around the clouds because you feel like it? Can you do will anything you want, freely?

You have to define free will first. Free will means "having choices" as a person, born of a specific gender, race, and human potential. You do what you can with what you have.

If you really had free will, then you yourself would be god, or god-like, similar to mythological characters. You have choices in life, that is free will. You can do whatever you put your mind to doing. But the idea that people have free will is hardly examined.

I think this sort of misunderstanding of what "free will" is, leads the judgmental to think homosexuality is some choice. It's not a choice. Attraction is not a choice. If you're heterosexual or claim to be, then answer this question:

When did you choose to be attracted to the opposite sex?

When did you decide that for yourself?

Think back to that day or moment. Sit and think long and hard. Take your time. Try to remember when you chose to be heterosexual. Then realize that you never chose. It's been that way for as long as you can remember.

Because people. don't. choose. Attraction is not a choice. So blaming gays for the way they are, which is not a choice, is nothing more than a statement of *MERE DISAPPROVAL.* You might as well say "boo! bad!" because it's just your narrow opinion and socialization of how you think others should live. And there is no charity or sincere concern about it--only telling people they're flawed and should change or pretend to be different, according to that narrow emotional opinion in your own head that never shuts up, the inner critic or chatter-box, but directed at others...like the only respite from constant self-bashing is to direct it at other people.

Saying that "you may be gay but it is your duty to not act upon it," or give into natural desires, because it makes the biblical-god-description upset (to paraphrase hundreds of posts that suggest something to this effect) is pointless. It's a directive to people to be disingenuous, about the life they have to live. Wayne Dyer said that if you live your life and do things because you feel obligated to do so by external forces and opinions, then you're a slave.

Author Karl Moore, in the beginning of his book, makes an insightful observation about beliefs.

All beliefs are Limiting Beliefs.

"We're not experiencing true freedom right now, because we're surrounded by limitation. Our brains limit us, reminding us of our bad habits, telling us that we can't achieve the things we desire. Our personality limits us, demanding that we seek approval, ensuring that we get stressed over the smallest of detail. Our religions limit us, forcing us to live by a set of rules that often conflict with our own thoughts. We each build up our worlds around a particular set of beliefs, a set of rules, then fight against them, tripping ourselves up along the way.

The truth is that no belief system can grant true freedom.

Every single belief is limiting. From personal beliefs about yourself, to the rules found in self-help books, to the policies of the big religions. Every "system" only provides a fresh set of limitations to hold you back. Limitations which come from nowhere and mean nothing. This book is about removing those limitations. It's about realizing that freedom comes from inside. It's about letting go of the limiting thoughts that have held you back in your life so far, so that you can discover your own true happiness.

Limiting thoughts turn singers into accountants. Limiting thoughts force gay people into straight marriages. Limiting thoughts ensure drug addicts continue their addiction. Limiting thoughts make people desperately cling to the past, unable to move forward with life. Limiting thoughts stop us from doing the things we've always wanted - and loving ourselves for it. We feel bound by our labels. Yes - Limiting thoughts LIMIT US.

Let go of all limiting thoughts - and you will experience true freedom, true self-development, true happiness. And that is the ultimate truth, the meta-theme behind this book. Each of us is already whole and complete and free and "self-developed." We're only limited by the thoughts we hold in mind."

Moore, Karl (2011-05-01). The Secret Art of Self-Development: 16 little-known rules for eternal happiness & freedom (Kindle Locations 122-125). Inspire3 Publishing. Kindle Edition.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 6:54:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 25, 2012 7:12:29 PM PDT
J. Taylor says:
All you must do is realize that you can have a relationship with God without following any specific religion or book. God is not some judgmental father figure on a cloud somewhere. God is the creative force which permeates all things, seen and unseen, the highest level of consciousness. God is neither male nor female, but both, and neither.. its foolish to project our own human characteristics and behaviors onto God.

Our souls are like our direct links to God. When you become conscious of your own eternal spirit, you will "find God" although God has been there all along. You will begin to trust your own intuition, as it is a directly connected with God, and you will not need organized religions or any outside source to validate your "holiness". Even Jesus said "the kingdom of heaven is within you." Religions have become like a trap, a way of controlling people and limiting their potential. It is not the religions themselves that are bad, but the way they are being taught and enforced by ignorant humans.

Study all religions and realize their common threads, meditate, practice compassion and forgiveness. Make up your own religion if you want to, and live according to what feels right in your heart. Examine the beliefs that have been programmed into your mind, let go of any fear, guilt, anger, etc. Send out a prayer and then listen to your own soul. :) Peace

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 7:47:46 PM PDT
You can either believe that when you die your soul shall be slowly stirred & not shaken in a Big Black Pot by horned Neanderthals with pointy tails, or you can turn spiritual, transcend and finally realize that the God that created the Universe has better things on its mind than your sexual orientation ...
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Self-help forum (421 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Self-help forum
Participants:  1305
Total posts:  7326
Initial post:  Aug 6, 2007
Latest post:  Jul 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 54 customers

Search Customer Discussions