Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amazon Gift Card Offer gdwf gdwf gdwf  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Halloween
Customer Discussions > Self-help forum

I'm a lesbian but I beleive in God what should I do?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 7276-7300 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 25, 2012 9:18:27 PM PDT
TI254 says:
God does not judge you based on one mistake. Even Jesus said that he is not good, there is none good but one and that God. Read Mark chapter 10, Luke chapter 18, and Matthew chapter 19. Also check out Mark chapter 12 and Matthew chapter 13. Look up "Dr. Zakir Naik Colombo" on youtube and you will find a video in which Dr. Zakir Naik lists the verses in the Bible which prove that Prophet Muhammad is the final messenger of God and his message was prophesied in the Old and New Testaments, including by Jesus. Also look up "Muhammad in hebrew" on youtube, and you will find a video which shows conclusive proof that Muhammad is the Prophet of God according to the Old Testament. Further, check out miraclesofthequran dot com to see all the proof you will ever need to know for sure that there is no deity worthy of worship but Allah, and Muhammad is his messenger. Take care. God bless you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 11:47:07 PM PDT
T. Fortune says:
Another brilliant post, Bachdog~ but will likely fall on deaf ears...The majority of those who cling to archaic beliefs are those terrified of and detached from their own thoughts, attractions, & motives. They need a reason (heaven/hell) in order to understand what ought to come naturally (right/wrong). It isn't enough for them to "love others as themselves"- because they don't love themselves at all- but instead sit in constant judgment of themselves and others...They need a savior, because they cannot believe that this life may be our only one- and it's too much work, for no reward, for them to simply obey the golden rule. It's pretty sad, really.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 2:19:46 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 26, 2012 2:21:04 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 6:15:27 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 26, 2012 6:16:21 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 6:16:55 AM PDT
Do what the bible says to do.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 7:31:39 AM PDT
P. F. Watson says:
Here's a provoking thought. Do you know that paedophiles will tell you that they experience natural desires for minors. This is what their bodies tell them. It is dangerous, highly dangerous, to believe and propagate the argument that "Live your life and be happy because you are the one you are." No one should blindly believe and allow themselves to be led by the desires of the body. It will take you into places and things that will destroy you. Desire is desire; it matters not the target whether food, sex, money, whatever. the principle stands. Your body needs sex, God created us that way. Desire came into us because of the original sin. We need sex and we desire sex. God asks us to focus on the needs, not the desire. We desire various types of sex, but we don't need them. Its the deception that takes holds of us that cause us to believe that this is what we need. Believe God's word; He supplies your need. We can have sex without sin, the way God intended.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 8:06:07 AM PDT
T. Fortune says:
Here's a provoking thought for you, PF: consenting adults. Ever heard of it? Please find a new chestnut to roast & drop the "gay = child molester" bit. It's over. Molestation is about force & power, not sex...Funny how you confuse these issues?

Here's one more- you are repressed, & miserable in your repression, & that is why it's so important for your sort to sit in judgment of others. It's all you really have (cloaked in religious piousness). Get a good counselor & try "clearing the logs" from your own eyes first.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 9:16:37 AM PDT
Roger M says:
Exactly what T. Fortune said to P.F.Watson.
It's amazing how religion can twist seemingly educated people to completely ignore reality and put sooooo much trust in a fictional god character.
To PFWatson: Please start reading the bible, if that's the god fiction of your choice. Read it from page one and start using your own brain to judge if this disastrous, horrible "idol" is anything but an evil idea created by ignorance thousands of years ago.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 10:38:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 28, 2012 10:39:22 AM PDT
J-Dawg says:
love god because he is a woman too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 11:03:06 AM PDT
Tayyab254: The word "Makhmad" and "Makhmadim" does appear several times in Jewish texts, but does it really refer to the Prophet Muhammad? Is it not an adjective and a descriptive rather than a name? Many many websites clearly expalin why it is a descriptive and not a name. And why are you so worried about whether Jewish and Christian sources confirm Muhammad's Prophethood?

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 8:34:25 PM PDT
bachdog says:
"Desire came into us because of the original sin. "

Explain please. Tell us about original sin in your own words, instead of just referring to it. Recount the story for us. Without laughing hard enough to soil your pants or without realizing how plainly stupid the original sin story is, an unethical lie made up to manipulate people. Notice how no one restates the original sin story, they just make vague references to it, because retelling the story makes one realize that it is a crock, not even worth publishing yet somehow hordes of sheeple swear by the nonsense they never question because it was force-socialized into "reality" from they time they could crawl.

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 3:03:10 AM PDT
A.P says:
God tells you to be who you are, there is no definition or categories or what you should be. The Bible gives you a guidelines on life, on how you should mold your morality, honor, loyalty....your moral compass is it right(you do not steal, or cheat, or murder,covet others'lovers,things etc) Do you honor your word-once a promise is given it should be bond, are you loyal to those whom are close and those whom you owe loyalty (example,work and to GOD).It does not matter whom we love and adore. THE ONLY THING GOD wants from us is OUR unwavering faith in HIM. Believe in GOD,have unwavering faith in HIM and that is the most important thing you can do for yourself and whom you love.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012 5:47:40 AM PDT
Thank you for a very succinct interpretation of not only the Bible but also of Christanity. Much appreciated. I would love to use this in my teachings.

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 5:55:48 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 30, 2012 6:53:34 PM PDT
bachdog says:
Morality does not come from religion. Morality does not depend on religion. But this is an almost automatic assumption that people make.

Claiming membership in a religion does not make one a good person. The bible is not a guidebook on how to live morally because there are too many contradictions.

Religious rules tend to be a hodge podge of absolute rules that can never be broken. The problem is there is always a case where an exception could and should be made. For example, there is a Christian rule that the "killing of any innocent is always murder." It's this rule that makes euthanasia or mercy killing, controversial, not a private decision by a patient to end untreatable suffering. And how does one define "innocent?" It's arbitrary.

Morality is nothing less than *how we ought to live* American moral philosopher James Rachels gave the minimum definition of morality:

Morality is, at the very least, the effort to guide one's conduct by reason. That is, doing what there are the best reasons for doing, giving equal consideration to the interests of everyone involved and affected by what one does.

Morality is a living effort that requires thought, critical thinking, and also empathy. It's an active, dynamic process as a part of living.

Lists that are essentially a hodge podge of absolute rules written in a different time and context, by people with little knowledge, are not morality. Sitting in a building with a cross on top for a couple of hours a week is not morality. And so forth.

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 6:06:50 AM PDT
T. Fortune says:
I'd like to see the original post here- but not available? Wha?

Would be good to get an idea of what, if any/all, has been taken onboard by the OP?

So, amazon?

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 4:55:54 PM PDT
Oh my geez, such hatred of religion, its pathetic. Sorry people have had bad experiences with religion. I never have. Blah blah silly faith, blah blah you GOD *hideous air quotes and heavy sarcasm* Why all the hate? So you don't believe in something. Good for you. So you dislike what others believe, good for you. As for the ORIGINAL posting- being lesbian and believing in God, let me tell you a secret. God- in MOST people's minds, seems to be this huge thundery Michael Bay version of some scary whatever. God is a father. Did my dad scare the crap out of me sometimes? YES. Did he love me all the same no matter what happened? Yes. Does he agree with all my choices? No. Does he let me make mistakes and do what I'm going to do, but try to make sure I don't do anything stupid? Yes. Stop looking at God as this thundery, frightening, vengeful whatever, and realize he is just a much larger, much more powerful dad.

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 7:09:24 PM PDT
bachdog says:
You call it "hatred of religion." I don't hate religion, personally . I think it's good for some people and I know that freedom of religion is a good thing, just as much as freedom from religion.

If the strongest argument that something is wrong with the person who is homosexual because it is "ruled" or "judged" that way by one description of the creator, then expect that people will question how all other judgments were made by him.

For instance there is a political movement called "Intelligent Design" that claims to refute the scientific explanation of evolution, which is simply that an intelligent being rolled the dice and created everything in order to create the most perfect of worlds, emulating himself. If that's so then what is the intelligent design behind cancer or birth defects?

Even if the Bible said that god hates gays with such anger that he would create them them, despise them, then punish them, in specific, not vague terms. It would mean nothing and people who would easily believe that would easily deny their fellow humans, moral consideration, enough to deny them human rights like acknowledged civil union with all the same rights and give-aways for heterosexual couples. Any elected official that would cite the Bible as reason enough to deny gay marriage would be impeached, removed if not dragged from office. So frankness of their homosexual disapproval is skipped, and replaced with a "proper" definition of marriage, as being between male and female only. It has to be man + woman! They are adamant about it. Think of how transparently obvious this round-about discrimination is.

Live your own damn lives because it is already too short and so wasting your life trying to tell others how to lead their own, is like being an obsessive Chicken Little, full of sound and cluckery, signifying nothing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 8:29:55 PM PDT
T. Fortune says:
Let me tell you a secret Steph- not everyone was afraid of their father. Mine was wonderful. It does explain a lot, though, if you were afraid of your father that you'd drag that into your religious beliefs & understanding. The point here is that no one religion or belief is to be placed above another in this country. The reason ought to be obvious- given the way this one post has been responded to. If you wish to believe the world rests on the back of a giant turtle- that's fine with me. Just don't expect that I must believe it, too- or try to deny rights to me for not believing it.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 3:01:39 AM PDT
Pray to Her

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 7:49:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 9, 2012 12:48:18 PM PDT
Roger M says:
Will K Byrne; praying to any god or other imaginary "power" has been refuted and proven useless time and time again. Yet I see it all the time. When someone has been struck by an unfortunate event and it's reported by the local news, readers jump on the story, recognizing how "sorry" they are for the victim, and that they are "praying" for him/her or the family. As that matters for anybody but the ignorant praying individual. Of course, other readers into the same delusion of "prayers really help" probably recognize the original "prayer" as a very fine and caring person. They couldn't be more wrong. Praying for someone is saying the same as "I care less for you, but I pray for you and I ask my god to "help" you." Which is useless. If you really want to show care, then actually DO something. Don't just hide behind your useless faith and pretend you care.
One more thing; There are so many gods. For most religious people in the western world, that means some version of the "Jesus-god". And any other god does not "exist". So praying to those other gods is really bad. And vice versa. So, being fair to your own delusion, and to avoid telling people to pray for any other god than your own, you should state what god YOU suggest prayers to.

And lastly, the original poster is lesbian. No cure is needed for that. She should live, find love and enjoy. What she should do, in my point of view, is to get rid of the silly god-belief that really is nothing but a sickening, prejudicing, ill-doing, hypocritical stone-age view of life.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2012 5:28:45 AM PDT
T. Tony says:
Ash, I fully agree with V in Sc

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2012 5:45:48 AM PDT
T. Tony says:
Born again...i have had many repenting experiences...but I was unable to stay in the right path...what have I done or not done...that i keep falling to old ways.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2012 5:47:48 AM PDT
T. Tony says:
You life decisions inspire me V...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2012 6:00:49 AM PDT
T. Tony says:
Yes I have heard about that we were made to reign with Christ in new Jerusalem. Wow!

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 7:04:56 AM PDT
Cwhayne says:
God our Heavenly Father is a God of Love and has an abundance of Mercy, Grace and forgiveness. He does not differentiate between race or sex, but simply looks at the pureness of our hearts. The Bible was spiritually influenced by God to be written to man as a guideline for us to live by. It is GOD'S WORD. The Bible states more than once that same sex relationships are wrong and an abomination/sin unto Him.

BUT PRAISE GOD that He came into this world born in the flesh of a human man, His name is Jesus. GOD loves us so much and knows we are not capable of living a sin free life, He sacrificed His only son on the cross, because He wishes all of His children to have eternal life in Heaven with Him. Jesus died and shed His blood for the washing away of our sins.

No matter what sin a person has done, it is forgiven if you ask Jesus to come into your heart and be your Lord and Savior. Ask Him to forgive your sins (acknowledge them) and to wash them away in the Blood He shead on the cross for you. Ask Him to send the Holy Spirit to lead and guide you in all things...He with be the BEST friend you ever had!! : )

I pray... JHVH our Father to Bless you, may His Glory Light Shine upon you always, may He lead you and guide you in the Spirit of Truth... In Jesus name I pray. Amen
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Self-help forum (421 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Self-help forum
Participants:  1305
Total posts:  7326
Initial post:  Aug 6, 2007
Latest post:  Jul 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 54 customers

Search Customer Discussions