Customer Discussions > Self-help forum

What is the best new Self Helf book you have read?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 196 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 15, 2012 5:08:02 AM PDT
Spazvan says:
The Book that has opened the door for myself and all that I know who has read it thus far is
Christ Returns - Reveals Startling Truth by The Recorder.

Don't knock the title as many do before getting enveloped in the masterpiece. It's work enlightens
one as to what we are, why we are, how we are capable of more, that nothing and no thing is in control of you
but you.

Give it a chance a sincere chance you will NEVER regret it.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 7:07:06 PM PDT
Kelly G. says:
I've read a lot of self-help books, but the best new one I read is The Way of the Wise - A WISE PERSON'S GUIDE TO LIVING IN AN UNWISE WORLD. My all time favorite though, has to be Mans Search for Meaning, which of course isn't new, but is a super-classic.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 8:26:46 PM PDT
I have to agree. I read Frankl's book back in the early 80's and it still resonates in my life.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 5:34:17 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 26, 2012 5:36:19 PM PDT]

Posted on May 2, 2012 4:42:43 PM PDT
"Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude"
"The Greatest Salesman In The World"
These have changed my life and have inspired me to write 2 of my own self help books

Posted on May 2, 2012 4:56:38 PM PDT
Aiden Keing says:
'Losing my virginity 52 times' By David Tieck. It's not a self help outright, but it certainly has a way of making you do more with your life

Posted on May 3, 2012 7:48:30 AM PDT
Dan says:
Wishes Fulfilled-Wayne Dyer;Seat of the Soul-Gary Zukav

Posted on May 3, 2012 5:07:24 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 5, 2012 9:48:32 AM PDT]

Posted on May 3, 2012 6:52:43 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 4, 2012 1:24:22 AM PDT]

Posted on May 7, 2012 2:30:45 PM PDT
Brian Morris says:
I have a theory. People who have benefited from self-help books should PASS ON THEIR KNOWLEDGE.
They can either write an Ebook about it: How to write a novel that becomes a best-seller

Posted on May 8, 2012 1:17:46 PM PDT
RadOwl says:
Dreams are a great source of self-help, and Dreams 1 2 3 teaches how to remember, interpret, and live your dreams. Dreams 1 2 3: Remember, Interpret, and Live Your Dreams

Posted on May 10, 2012 5:02:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 4:59:24 AM PDT
Itchyfun says:
I like Words for the Road an interactive book that helps me remember my favorite sayings, images, and songs and share my Lifestory with others.
There's templates inside so I can write the highlights in only 2-3 pages. A great tool for heart-to-heart talks and sharing with friends, families and even strangers.

Words for the Road

Posted on May 11, 2012 12:34:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 1:11:28 AM PDT
Lisa C says:
This Way Out: The Power To Change
It will change your life! Look in2 it! Read it & then pass it on! I believe this book is so revolutionary it has the potential 2 gradually change the world! It's the most powerful book I've ever read & it definately changed my life dramatically! The new breakthrough concepts in this book come with an easy 2 understand roadmap! It takes you step by step through the most amazing awakening process & u truely come 2 realize u have all the power u need within u 2 attract & create the life that u long for. I've read a lot of great self help books but I've never been confident in my abilty 2 apply the teachings 100% effectively & have struggled with the how to's 2 some degree. NOT the case with this book! It's literaly the true self help book 4 dummies-lol. Anyone can just change their life in the time it takes them 2 read it & btw its extremely well written & entertaining. I couldn't put it down! Since reading it my work life has dramatically changed 4 the way better & so has my relationship with my significant other. I feel fortunate 2 have this cutting edge pschological technology & feel the responsibility 2 pass it on.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 2:16:54 AM PDT
Kate Burke says:
Discovering The Best That's Within. Uncovering An Android Awareness. What's Beneath and Beyond The Human That Is Being? Some exceptional resources for inner serene success, safe, harm free, joyous relationships .........the resources are in the book and writtten about through applying them to a teacher's real life, for recovering and healing from adulthood sexual assault/rape by known individual.

Posted on May 13, 2012 4:37:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2012 5:48:45 AM PDT
A. C. says:
Go for:

Be a WINNER - Get the LOVE YOU want: Happiness and Success Series

The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future

or

The Fire Starter Sessions: A Soulful + Practical Guide to Creating Success on Your Own Terms

Posted on May 14, 2012 5:34:34 PM PDT
Inspirational story of the author and practical tips -
Bullet-Proof Belief: How To Achieve Every Goal You Set Without Fail

Posted on May 14, 2012 6:47:08 PM PDT
Cripwell says:
I am interested in leadership and management for teenagers and aspiring leaders and have ready many texts and attended many seminars and workshops on the topic. The best book I have discovered to help others achieve their leadership dreams is:
Stepping Up by Jennifer Ryan published by Xlibris publishers.
Its cover says it is 'not a book for dummies - but a book for thinkers and people of action - and I have to agree. It is well set out, easy to locate the topic/problem you want to learn about and gets straight to the point.

And, as an e-book it really is great value. It may be worth a look if you're into the same things as I am.

Posted on May 16, 2012 11:00:36 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 16, 2012 11:21:02 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 11:26:35 PM PDT
John M. Lord says:
ILY (I Love You): One Teen Girl's Guide To A Bully-Proof Adolescence By JULIA WEBER

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 10:22:55 PM PDT
A Course in Happiness by Mardi Horowitz

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 11:48:42 PM PDT
T. Fortune says:
It's not "new"- but I only just got it:

Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself by Melody Beattie

Wow. It's always so amazing when you look to find answers to your own actions & reactions & then find it in black & white. The "norm" for just about everyone is to grow up in dysfunctional families. Codependents are created through their own reaction to the dysfunctional environment. Even when we leave that environment, we carry what we've learned in order to survive that upbringing. It isn't pretty to drag this into the rest of your life. Read the reviews & read this book. Really.

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 11:28:29 AM PDT
The Guru Delivery: An Unusually Practical Guide to Spiritual Enlightment

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 7:05:34 AM PDT
"What if they knew?" Secrets of an impressive woman by Lisa L Payne. Great new book just out. Have me a lot to think about. I always appreciate that in a book.

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 7:53:53 PM PDT
Molly P says:
I just read the best self help book I ever read. It was called I told My Mind to Shut the F Up...and then I saw what was possible.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 7:56:09 PM PDT
L. Gregory says:
The Ultimate Makeover ebook
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Self-help forum (421 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Why is the God of the Bible so angry? Also - Adam and Eve... come on? 8593 4 days ago
Are there any self help books not containing religion? 99 Jul 2, 2015
Adults sleep better with a pacifier...any comments? 12 Jun 26, 2015
Is there a Key to Happiness? 1324 Jun 18, 2015
My Philosophy of Life 2 Mar 18, 2015
Can we really predict future based on past ? 1 Mar 18, 2015
Information that's not widely available 1 Mar 18, 2015
If Bible-god hates Gays so much, why does he 452 Mar 18, 2015
What is the best new Self Helf book you have read? 195 Mar 14, 2015
Why is it so difficult attempting to live one's dream? 7 Oct 17, 2014
Source of Happiness - Your own heart OR External People (lifeconcepts.info) 0 Oct 16, 2014
Heart and Mind - How to bring them together 0 Oct 16, 2014

This discussion

Discussion in:  Self-help forum
Participants:  143
Total posts:  196
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 14, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 27 customers

Search Customer Discussions