Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD
Customer Discussions > Self-help forum

What's the most meaningful life lesson you ever learned?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-220 of 220 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011 1:41:07 AM PST
thames says:
What does it mean to argue with ignorance? (just curious)

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 8:02:33 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 30, 2011 8:10:21 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 8:06:55 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 30, 2011 8:11:21 AM PST]

Posted on May 11, 2012 5:40:38 AM PDT
Itchyfun says:
Here's a book to help you share your Life Lessons: Words for the Road

The description says: EVERYONE HAS A STORY TO TELL. Words for the Road helps you write the most important parts in only 3-4 pages using templates so you can share your LifeStory with others. The first interactive guidebook to Life that brings the words, pictures and songs you love; times you remember; and the turning points that define YOU to life, so you can be the Heroine or Hero of YOUR LIFE STORY. On your next date, lunch break, father to son, sister to sister, stranger to stranger, heart to heart talk: Use Words for the Road to reach out to someone and let them reach YOU.

Share your Lifestory and WORDS FOR THE ROAD with someone you love today. By the end of this book you'll have told your story in a notepad, an e-document in an iDevice, Android, computer, on facebook, or a Tweet in the Cloud... share your words for the road and let someone know you care.

Posted on May 12, 2012 9:50:06 AM PDT
I lost a husband and daughter to their alcohol addiction. I say "show" the people your love every single day instead of saying, "I love you." You never know when God will call them home.

Posted on May 13, 2012 5:47:17 AM PDT
A. C. says:
Here is one of my life lessons:

1. Life is supposed to surprise and challenge you.
2. The problem is not in what life gives you, but rather the negatives which you accept and become accustomed to receiving from it.
3. What matters in life is what you decide is right for you and at the same time how you choose to make it happen
4. Life is full of unexpected ups and downs. This must not be a surprise to anyone, but rather an opportunity to enjoy life and to reinvent ourselves

You, what do you think about life itself?
What made you see the world with different eyes from the very first moment after an event or realization did happen to you?

If you wish for more life lessons, read this book Be a WINNER - Get the LOVE YOU want: Happiness and Success Series, it is full of teachings.

Posted on May 13, 2012 9:52:26 PM PDT
Pain is the biggest motivator for change!

Posted on May 13, 2012 10:01:32 PM PDT
You may not have made/ caused all of your problems/pain, but it is your job to fix them.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 8:01:10 AM PDT
1Danny says:
Do not try to understand women.

Posted on May 24, 2012 12:07:05 AM PDT
K. Geddings says:
Keep Calm and Carry On.

(and take things one day at a time).

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2012 8:55:52 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 6, 2012 9:14:34 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2012 9:40:24 AM PDT
Never give a huckster money.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2012 1:35:03 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 6, 2012 1:43:44 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 2:17:36 AM PDT
Bartholomeus says:
By hitting rock bottom all that I was not shattered and al that I am remains.
Nicolaas Engelbertus
The 7 step guide for resilience

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 2:35:14 AM PDT
Bartholomeus says:
Good topic Michael!
Time came to me; my life fell apart. No job, no marriage, no possessions of any value. . . However, this turned out to be the most valuable time of my life so far. Finding happiness & contentment when I was a nobody, without money, status, and alone, is priceless.

Armed with several years of coaching and leadership training experience I created a self help method that enables a person to find contentment at a level of self that has nothing and is everything. It took me 13 months to turn that into a DIY self help book format. It has just gone live on To ensure I am in a position to deliver my work to the world I pay my bills by being a self employed direct sales person. I am mentioning this because of the "if only you had the time" part. I think you have to make space available for your wishes to flourish in.

Best wishes, Nicolaas EngelbertusThe 7 step guide for resilience

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 3:37:29 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 22, 2012 8:35:52 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 4:43:30 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 3, 2013 3:22:01 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 10:32:27 AM PDT
During a period of insanity (great opening phrase, ain't it?) I learned that I am no better or worse than anyone else - I learned that we all make mistakes, and that, so long as those mistakes are teaching us better how to love, they serve a purpose.

Karen, author of *Blessings: Adventures of a Madcap Christian Scientist* and *The Madcap Christian Scientist's Middle Book*

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 11:25:47 AM PDT
PM says:
My husband and I have been married for 35 years, and from day one, every time we embarked on a new project we heard nothing but naysaying by my parents - never a word of encouragement. "You're going to fail", "Someone will design a better ______, cheaper, faster", etc. But we didn't let their negativity stop us from pursuing our dreams in life, and we now have a house we physically built, two airplanes my husband built, and a highly profitable software company (with the amazing software my husband created), to show for it. Lesson learned: Tune out the naysayers in your life and surge ahead with your plans. When they tell you YOU can't do something, what they are really saying is that THEY can't do it. Don't let them hold you back - a big part of the satisfaction is in proving them wrong!! Over and over again...just don't expect them to ever give you a pat on the back, or say "good job" or admit that you succeeded though...but you won't need their approval since you will feel fulfillment from within. I shudder to think of where we would be in life if we had taken their negativity to heart!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 4:23:13 PM PST
B. slowe says:
to stay away from soicialnetworks.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Self-help forum (421 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Self-help forum
Participants:  131
Total posts:  220
Initial post:  Jun 7, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 27 customers

Search Customer Discussions