Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > simulation games forum

Flight Sims for Seniors

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2006 8:54:37 PM PST
My father is 81 and trained with the Naval Airforce for World War II and continued to fly small planes until he was about 50. I was hoping to find a simulator that was very easy to use that I could get for him to play on their laptop. He is not terribly computer literate, so it has to just play without a lot of work or special computer knowledge. Is this possible?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2006 1:15:10 AM PST
Try Fighter Ace at http://fighterace.ketsujin.com. Over 100 WWII planes (bombers, fighters, transports), $15 per month fee, download the software for no charge and try it offline or sign up for the 2-weeks free trial. Free tech support will help you get connected if you have any difficulties. Many of the players are retired military and the community is friendly and welcoming to new players. Many players join squads and use TeamSpeak software for voice comms, which makes in-flight coordination much easier and the flights more fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2007 3:50:21 PM PDT
If you bought him this game:

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

I bet he could fly the planes he flew in WWII - If he's a pilot he'd probably want to play any flight sim with a joystick at the very least. I think that with a little help and patience IL2 would give him a real kick.
Your reply to Bradley M. Evans's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the simulation games forum (1 discussion)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Flight Sims for Seniors 2 Mar 14, 2007

This discussion

Discussion in:  simulation games forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2006
Latest post:  Mar 14, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions