Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > skin care face forum

Clarisonic: worth it?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 153 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 1, 2007 5:42:23 PM PST
JA says:
I just bought the Clarisonic and I'm wondering what all of the fuss is about!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2007 6:52:35 PM PST
I don't blame you. I purchased it. Has done absolutely NOTHING for me. I guess you and I just have naturally good skin and are easily underwhelmed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2007 12:48:26 PM PST
JA says:
Yeah, I kind of feel like a sucker. There has been a little improvement over 3 weeks but nothing to sing and dance about. I wish the company had a 60 day return policy; that would give me a little longer to decide.

Posted on Jun 13, 2009 4:20:09 PM PDT
BELIEVER says:
You know I felt that way too...UNTIL I quit using it for a week +1/2! I have good skin and don't miss a product if I move on and try something else after trying something that is JUST OK, but NOT fantastic. I use a glycolic cleanser every morning followed with a glycolic pad (with other things in it also, like aloe, etc.) to make sure I have nice smooth skin and a nice surface for dusting a little make up on. Heavy creams make me sweat, feel suffocated and break me out! I use an oatmeal cleanser at nite after removing makeup. When I didn't use the Clarisonic, I noticed my skin started feeling NOT so smooth, and then it started looking kind of dull. I didn't think it was doing anything but after seeing that, I'm sure it does! It was getting things that using my fingers were leaving behind. I don't use it everyday but I do use it NO less than 3 times per week. It is like the sonic toothbrush. It gets your teeth cleaner and brighter, but you don't notice till you stop.

Posted on Jun 19, 2009 9:00:00 PM PDT
Sam I AM says:
I used it for about 3 weeks and returned it to Sephora-great return policy.

Not worth it. I didn't see any improvement.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2010 9:42:37 PM PDT
Oceanfront says:
List it on eBay. Folks like me will still buy it from you, yes even considering what I'm about to say. I saw the subject heading of this discussion and was going to post something like,"use a fresh electric toothbrush (the $4 - on - sale kind), gently, as you would a Clarisonic to determine if you want to go ahead and upgrade." One could argue that Clarisonic uses sound waves to break loose more impurities, but I wonder. I asked my dental hygenist what he thought about so called sonic cleaning toothbrushes, and he poo pood the idea of sound waves doing anything to tooth plaque even though his clinic sold Sonicare toothbrushes at a steep discount at the appointment desk, so.

Posted on Oct 19, 2010 2:36:32 PM PDT
I'm sorry and surprized at the bad reviews. I'm also embarrased to tell you how much dirt came off on the brush after I carefully, as always, washed my face. I am shocked every time. I've always taken care of my skin but still have problems with congested skin in my t zone. My face looks brighter and cleaner after each use. Like I said I was shocked to see how much dirt was left on my skin. I really like mine.

Posted on Oct 20, 2010 11:08:33 AM PDT
I am 59 and battling blackheads and adult acne - I love this device. I bought the small one and saw results right away...my skin feels really clean and bright and a little polished....I have always had to take extra care of my skin since 9th grade. Used Proactive for years but have been told repeatedly that that is for the young. So I was lead toward other skincare products and this one.

Posted on Oct 21, 2010 4:32:07 PM PDT
kitwings says:
I've been using mine since August, and I do think it has made a difference. I was in Ulta today weighing whether or not to spend $20 on a Bare Minerals radiance...and decided my skin is good enough right now that I don't need it. I am generally the poster child for low self-esteem, AND I ACTUALLY THINK MY SKIN IS RADIANT. Placebo effect? Maybe, but I don't care.

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 7:33:19 AM PST
Katie B says:
A well-known dermatologist (whom I once worked with) was quoted as saying that the Clarisonic increases the penetration of any serums or skin treatment products that you use afterward. That sold me. It's more comfortable than using a dermal roller and it does clean my skin better than I do just applying cleanser with my hands. Is it a miracle product? No--particularly not if you don't have problem skin-- but I'm hoping that it will help make my other "miracle products" work better.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2010 10:06:24 AM PST
I LOVE my Clarisonic!!!! I bought the pro so I can use the body brush. I even bought an extra one to travel with. Like a previous poster said, stop using it and then look closely at your skin. I first had it used on my skin at a Wesitn Spa and was amazed at how fresh my skin looked at age 55 and how little mosturizer I had to use because it sooks it. As far as the Sonic Care toothbrush I have had 3 dentists recommend using them and I LOVE my toothbrush, my teeth feel as clean as if I had just left the dentist office.

Posted on Nov 17, 2010 4:31:11 PM PST
P. Heil says:
I wanted a clarisonic for a long time, but with doubts about how it could work so well. To my surprise it really did help my skin get much cleaner and my wrinkles are barely noticable at age 52. I think the antiaging products I use can finally get into my skin and do their job much more effectively. Took one week to see the difference and though I am tired at night I make sure I use my clarisonic every night!

Posted on Nov 29, 2010 8:33:10 AM PST
iwish says:
I have a clarisonic and really like it. However, I think one could buy a baby brush and get the same results.

Posted on Dec 12, 2010 8:30:59 AM PST
roxy says:
I received my Clairsonic a year ago and have used it daily for the past year and my skin has never looked better in my life (I'm 33). I have battled adult acne and I could never get rid of it until now. I would highly recommend this product. I have received many compliments on my skin in the past year.

Posted on Dec 12, 2010 5:57:24 PM PST
Pearl says:
I've been using the Clarisonic since 2007. Honestly, I really can't tell the difference from the days I don't use it. For example, when I go on vacation, I don't take it with me and I can't tell the difference. I'm not sure if it's because I only use it once a day that I'm not seeing amazing results. But at this point, I just use it out of habit.

Posted on Dec 12, 2010 7:07:41 PM PST
JJ says:
I bought it a long time ago from QVC and have found no difference. I don't have great skin and was hoping this would be my turning point. I have gone long periods with and without and there is no difference in my breakouts or blackheads on my nose.
I just bought the ANSR beam and that seems to have already made a big difference in just a couple days. If you break out or have breakouts, try that first!!!

Posted on Dec 16, 2010 6:52:07 PM PST
I bought the clarisonic. Although you might not notice an immediate improvement...after using it for several months I realize how much clearer my skin looks. I'm happy!

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 4:22:51 PM PST
L. Valentine says:
I bought my Clairsonic about 3 years ago; I am 39. It has helped a lot with my t-zone, and my pores aren't as congested as they once were. Is it a miracle tool? I suppose it depends on how you look at it. I, in no way, am suggesting I have the skin of a 14-year old because I use Clairsonic. But, my skin does look pretty damn good for my age.

Posted on Dec 27, 2010 8:52:15 AM PST
I have a Clarisonic and love it. But I've noticed that my face breaks out when I use it. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone else had this problem? Would anyone be willing to share some solutions with me please? Thanks very much.

Posted on Dec 27, 2010 7:31:33 PM PST
What a waste of $. I bought mine off of QVC and returned it. It made my skin softer immediately, but that was it. This is for people who have no skin issues and that's about it. I bet it would work better with an alpha glycolic wash, but all it really is is a skin brush, and if your skin isn't getting clean, it's probably because of your cleanser, not manual washing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2011 5:25:53 PM PST
chivalrous4 says:
It's probably because of the brush head that you're using.
Clairsonic sells 3 different brush heads, specifically designed to match your skin type.
I would recommend you try the delicate brush head, which has a pale blue base to differentiate it from the rest.
The delicate is ideal for individuals who have rosacea and acne-prone skin.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2011 6:55:27 PM PST
Dear chivalrous4,

Thank you so much for your help! I had no idea that there were different brush heads for different skin types. I'm going right now to order the brush head you recommended. I can't thank you enough. I'd stopped using my Clarisonic because of the breakouts I was getting. I knew I was doing something wrong!

You are such a nice person to answer my problem. Thank you again and kind regards from vetinarisgirl.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2011 2:06:55 PM PST
bb says:
The delicate brush head definitely makes a difference. I also change the brush on mine about every 4 months. Once a week I thoroughly wash the brush head and handle with antibacterial soap.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2011 1:31:49 PM PST
Jessica F. says:
How often do you remove and wash your brush head? If it's not often, it could be harboring bacteria. Hope this helps!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2011 1:52:17 PM PST
Hi J Fearnow,

I remove the brush head every time I use my Clarisonic so it can dry.
I clean it with regular anti bacterial soap, like the kind you use for handwashing. But if you have a better suggestion, I'd appreciate it. I have suspected that maybe my brushes were not sanitized and thought about using an alcohol based hand sanitizer on the brush head=what do you think?

In fact, what does everybody think about this idea?

Thanks to all!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the skin care face forum (47 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  skin care face forum
Participants:  106
Total posts:  153
Initial post:  Jan 1, 2007
Latest post:  May 18, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 21 customers

Search Customer Discussions