Customer Discussions > skin care face forum

Best chemical peel for adult acne and scarring?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 41 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 30, 2013 12:44:27 PM PDT
Ex3 from treskinrx is great. There's trial kits that sell for 14.99, which is 50% off. You can email me at kimberlykroland. At gmail. For more information. The first ingredient in most products is water. Most of my products have pharmaceutical organic aloe vera as the first ingredient. I love treskin and am using the clear skin stuff to get rid of white heads.

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 6:56:40 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2013 7:12:09 AM PDT
Hey guys. I've been reading through this forum and just wanted to add my regimen that has totally cleared my adult hormonal acne and greatly reduced old scaring as well as improved the overall texture of my skin.
I went to a dermatologist for the first time a few months ago because I just couldn't get my acne under control. I never had acne as a teen or in my twenties and here in my mid thirties my face was breaking out all the time, but mostly during my monthly cycle. The dermatologist prescribed me Ceftin, an oral antibiotic to be taken for an entire month. I didn't like that idea very much but I did it. He said it was the first step, to treat any underlying issues so I went with it. He also recommended I get rid of all my facial cleansers and creams and replace them with CeraVe products, specifically the daily facial cleanser and day and night time facial locations. I bought the day lotion for the sunblock but I noticed the body lotion had the same ingredients as the night time lotion but in a much bigger bottle (for the same price) so i got that. He instructed me to cleanse my skin twice a day and apply the lotion liberally. For at night he gave me some samples of Tazotac cream (I guess this is a pretty expensive prescription cream but he said the three tubes should last me a year if I use the right amount). He told me after I apply my nightly lotion, while the lotion was still "wet" on my face, to use a pindrop amount, and he showed my by taking a pen and literally pressing it on the tip of his finger just a tiny dot was all I needed for my entires face. I was skeptical if that but have been doing what he said.
His last suggestion was to get a couple microdermabrasion treatments to accelerate the exfoliation and allow the cream to penetrate deeper into my skin. That was just an option though, but I did lol.
I went and had my first treatment and did the meds, wash, lotion, and cream routine every day. I didn't see very much improvement by in the first month. I decided not to take another months worth of the antibiotics and just continue with the routine. I then had my second microdermabrasion treatment and increased the amount of Tazotac cream to about three tiny dots instead of one. It seemed like overnight my skin cleared up and within a week I was noticing the darker scars were fading significantly.
I have to add that after the first month of starting I did start to drink a lot more water than unusually do and started taking a multivitamin, which I'm sure helped the process along.
It's been about four months since I changed my routine and my face is blemish free, except maybe one or two small flare ups around my period.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2013 9:21:14 PM PDT
Bird Brain says:
Wrong advice. NEVER combine an exfolliant abrasion with a peel. Risk of patchy results and burning zooms up if you do this. Instead by a skin prep solution or "accelerator" to use for two weeks before the peel. It eradicates bacteria to reduce infection. A good choice is Glymed but there are many others. Always finish the healing process before switching from abrasion to peel and back. Always complete healing between peels to prevent toughening skin.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 8:48:04 AM PDT
Tiffany says:
I have sensitve skin as well. I have used the 30% glycolic peel from perfect Image.If your unfamiliar w/peel I certainly recommened this one.It is what I consider to be a mild peel.I am an esthetician and from my experience this product had excellent soothing properties in the ingredients.I definitly rec. the perfect image moisturizer post peel-THATS the BEST by far.I use thier moisturizer daily/nightly even when not doing a peel.I also recommened buying "My BLUE DIARY-hydration masks. its a 10 peice that really does exactly what it states. I hope this has helpes you..Take care of your skin and it will take care of you..

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 7:11:43 AM PST
Mishcat60 says:
Someone help me if possible. I had nice skin when younger, but age, sun damage, an eating d/o, and stress has taken it's toll on my face. I do not want to look in the mirror anymore. Yes, I am that vain. I am seriously considering a mini facelift (dont tell my hubby), nothing I use has worked to reduce the wrinkles. I've had many peels done professionally and some age spots did disappear, but the deep wrinkles are still there.
I don't mean to brag, but people have told me I am stunning. However, I do not see this!!! I see sagging jaw line and deep wrinkles caused by sun damage. Before i do the ultimate and go under the knife, does anyone have problems like me and have found products that REALLY work. I'm sick of wasting my money.
Thanks..btw I do stay out of the sun and use sunscreen, I am a healthful eater, I excercise, and meditate to reduce stress. I am now 52, but look older..HELPPPPP

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 11:26:10 PM PDT
Taffy Valley says:
So much suffering! My great sympathy to you. And the frustration from callus malpractice! Double ouch.
I have experienced fallout from medical treatments and in my work see it often. Following surgeries and wide ranging symptoms, I am now relying more and more on holistic treatments, diet, immune strengthening through fermented foods and probiotics...treatments that wont kill me in the process of relieving symptoms. May you find help that really helps. The internet including Earth Clinic has been my great resource. Best wishhes!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 11:18:15 PM PDT
Taffy Valley says:
So much suffering! My great sympathy to you. And the frustration from callus malpractice! Double ouch.
I have experienced fallout from medical treatments and in my work see it often. Following surgeries and wide ranging symptoms, I am now relying more and more on holistic treatments, diet, immune strengthening through fermented foods and probiotics...treatments that wont kill me in the process of relieving symptoms. May you find help that really helps. The internet including Earth Clinic has been my great resource. Best wishhes!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 4:49:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 1, 2012 5:13:07 PM PDT
BammalamaBoo says:
Ugh, I've suffered from some pretty heinous bouts of adult cystic acne on and off since my early twenties. It happens to everyone at some point--or so i tell myself... I have basically been on everything from prescription topicals to antibiotics, spiro, and accutane etc, and I've seen more than a few dermatologists and estheticians... I like antibiotics, spiro, and retin a, but I am considering trying out an LED device/bulb.

As far as prescriptions go, they will all make you break out more at first (this is true of ANY effective acne treatment, btw) but if have the painful inflammatory (cystic) acne you either have the choice of antibiotics, which are awesome because they treat both the inflammation and the infection, but they can be a real pain to take. You must take them at the same intervals every day--some of them without food--to ensure that the right amount is in your system and they take about a month to work (the skin cycle is typically 28 days so this is true of any acne treatment).

If you think your acne is primarily hormonal and you've already tried different b-controls, Spiro is worth considering before accutane. It is an anti-androgen and blocks the zit hormone with relatively few side effects--though unfortunately it also increases estrogen so the side effects could be weird and annoying--my boobs got bigger and I couldn't sweat on a full dose of this stuff (it also works as a diuretic at first so you pee A LOT).

Accutane: ha we all know the side effects of it but even just 10mgs (lowest dose) was enough to clear my acne for a while and my doctor mentioned at one point that I could stay on it all year at this dose if I wanted...

Retin a, Differin Gel (adelphane): meh this stuff is great for fading acne marks and aging skin but it barely even clears my comedonal (blackheads etc) acne at this point. I've used various forms of it at varying strengths for several years now, but it has never been enough on it's own.

Benzoyl Peroxide (active ingredient in Proactive): BP is actually considered the most effective treatment for acne and contrary to popular belief, the P acne bacteria cannot grow resistant to it (so if it's effectiveness seems to wear off you probably just need to replace the product). Personally, I do not dare use any form of BP on my face--I think BP causes skin damage and scars on my skin.

BHA or AHA: chemical exfoliants are great but usually not enough on their own. Plus, it's difficult to find them in the correct concentrations and without irritating alcohols. BTW, Paula Begoun Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me has a good line for those of you looking to treat your acne AND wrinkles.

One thing I can say for sure: I haven't been too impressed with any of the estheticians I've seen over the years...if their state board exam is anything close to the cosmetologist's exam then this would explain it (it requires barely any schooling with out of date info). I would honestly be careful about seeing an esthetician for skin treatments... I once went to one that instructed me to slather my (barely broken out) face in 10% benzoyl peroxide and 20% glycolic cream EVERY DAY--and this is on top of using .05% retin a cream at night! I ended up with horribly raw irritated skin and what appeared to be shallow ice pics (took MONTHS of retin a to make them go away). I also can't help but notice that there's an esthetician on this thread recommending micro-dermabraision for scarring! Micro-dermabraision is NOT the same thing as real dermabraision and it will do NOTHING but fade red marks (unless you get like, 30 treatments over the course of years, lol).

If you're interested in treating your acne scars yourself, micro-needling Microneedle Skin Care System NEW SPA 1.50mm. FDA Listed along with red light therapy Anti-Aging Red LED Light Therapy 38 LED Bulb for Fine Lines & Wrinkles 660nm. There is a really interesting thread about this on acne dot org complete with instructions. You can even try a blue light for treating your acne Acne 415 Blue Light Therapy 38 LED Bulb ONLY! 415nm. I feel silly, but I'm going to try micro-needling with a red light to see if it really does help.

*oh crap I just realized this was a thread for peels! I have had peels and didn't find that they did anything much for me (either for my very shallow acne scars or my acne) but this could just be because I didn't get enough of them (b/c whaddayaknow? estheticians always tell me it requires an ever increasing series of treatments). Retin a is like a light chemical peel btw, and I agree with what another poster says about how it's nice to be able to control your own treatment when you use it (my skin is pretty sensitive and I always fear over doing it).

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 8:59:50 AM PDT
Mac says:
The VI Peel is the very best. I've had life long acne (I'm 50). I lost weight so I have loose skin and wrinkles (very fair skinned). It's expensive and a bit time consuming while you peel and you have to do it 3 times the first year to get you turned around. But it made my horrible skin look normal for the first time in my life and made me look much younger. Now I plan on doing once every 6 months for maintenance. Good-luck.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2012 1:48:10 AM PDT
Iliana says:
Thank you for a wonderful educational info!

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012 1:41:46 AM PDT
KIP PENN says:
Dear jj Guillory... I can really relate to ur post. I'm lying in bed now, a bowl of aloe leaves turn fom my plant earlier this evening, and my hibicles soap on my nightstand. I'm upset. Today is my 40 some odd birthday. I have experienced such unimagineabe pain with what I call FLARE-UPS only barely similar TO ACNE!my family dr mismedicated me for over a year, doxy didn't even TOUCH THE }#%^ that was growing on my face, consuming my once so pretty skin. I went to him 3 times in 12 months, acne acne acne. That's the problem he told me. I asked him to change the doxy, no need he said. This "acne" pain peaked in August 2011. Right when my youngest began kindergarten. I could weep now, it still scares e to think about those 2weeks that I did not move from my bed, other than pee or et something fast and easy. I KNOW I KNOW I AM POSITIVE I COULD HAVE DIED, I MEAN THIS, I WAS ON MY WAY OUT THE DOOR. My dad he used to refer to my "inner voice" (God rest his soul), but toward the end of the 2weeks, I FINALLY FOR THE FIRST AND EVEN TO NOW THE ONLY TIME, I EVER HEARD MY INNER VOICE...THUS I ENDED UP DRIVING MYSELF MILES AND MILES FROM HOME AFTER DOING SOME basic research on my condition. I told the er dr what I suspected and tests proved my suspicions were accurate. For over a YEAR I WAS TOLD I HAD ACNE. WHAT I had... Was a dreadful strain of staph all over my face...just my face. Idk. I'm still confused, I'll never PHYSICALLY recover, and the emotional scars... I can't describe. It's been like a horror movie. And I look bad even when I look good, you know, when I am NOT having a flare-up. Even then (which ain't right now either darn it) even flare up-less, my complexion looks like ground beef, chopped liver, whatever. I'm disfigured actually. I'm horrified still at my own reflection. I can't afford a special procedure. Hell I'm disabled after being hit by a drunk driver 12 years ago....now this. ???? I just will never understand any of this. I won't lie to you, I've no answers.... Just a message to be cautious with matters of our skin... For ours is really the only skin that (my misfortune) we will ever BE IN. That's all. Happy 41 to me. ive tried everything already, except for giving up.who knows. Truth? I wish I could end it all now. This is pain 1000 times worse than natural childbirth, in hospital on dialysis for 2 weeks prior. This is bar none, the worst experience of my life. I wouldn't wish this ever ON ANOTHER PERSON, no matter WHAT they did to me. Ever. As if being left disabled wasn't bad enough, I suffer daily now with certain medical ISSUES, THAT ARE ALL DIRECTLY CORRELATING TO that period of 2weeks in August 2011.... When death was at my door. BECAUSE OF..... "ACNE"... YEA, RIGHT. I DO HOPE THIS MESSAGE WILL EASE A TROUBLED HEART...ya know cuz things can ALWAYS GET WORSE. .... THAT'S MY CURRENT STATUS QUO, AND HAS BEEN FOR AWHILE NOW.... IM AT THAT "worse" PLACE. I HOPE NO ONE ELSE SHOULD EVER BE HERE.....
THANq for your time. I do appreciate it, this 28th day of May, 2012. My birthday....
Respectfully

Posted on May 21, 2012 3:58:42 PM PDT
JJ says:
I too had NO teen acne, not a single blemish ever, but have had to deal with adult acne in my 30's. I have dry, sensitive skin so I can't use most of the treatments for teens and/ or adults with oily, acne prone skin. I also can't use most of the anti aging creams/ treatments available now since they always contain oil, cause acne.

I seem to have resolved the acne issue for the most part now by using a mild cleaner, clinique #2 toner, Dermalogica oil free Active Moist moisturizer and Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. All very gentle, simple products. I think less is more when it comes to treating adult onset acne (since likely a different cause than that of people who've had lifetime of acne).

I've always scarred easily, so I've now been left with scars. Most of the scars are surface, some are indent marks. This has been devastating to me so I'd been trying to find the best procedure to repair the damage. I'd considered pro laser or chemical treatment(s) a must do but I've been confused about which one to do for best result, and I can't seem to get a straight answer from any Derm I've seen. I believe getting rid of damaged layers of skin to encourage cell turn over for skin resurfacing is the way any of these things work (just at varying strengths/ levels) so I started using retin-a 5% about a month ago and have had FANTASTIC results so far.

One must be willing to put up with redness and some discomfort (like a bad sunburn) and unattractive skin days when it's peeling off, but for me it's worth it to get the noticeable results I have and quickly... and without paying thousands of dollars for pro treatments. I can also control it this way, instead of having a major resurfacing done all at once. I also use Josie Maran Argan oil on days/ nights I take off from the Retna- A to calm/ soothe my skin, which actually helps to prevent breakouts since irritated skin can cause breakouts.

There are less invasive methods of doing this too, I found Dr. Brandt skin resurfacing serum (night) worked well and didn't cause the peeling, dryness, redness. It just worked more slowly than I felt necessary for acne scarring.

Posted on May 18, 2012 1:00:48 AM PDT
Beckett says:
hi -- i had terrible skin in my early thirties from stress. I thried accutaine for a bit, it kind of worked but it felt like poison. When I went off it, it didn't really do anything. So -- not to sound like a commercial -- I tried proactiv. I was up late one night, an infomercial came on and I thought I might as well try it since I was spending so much money on everything else -- and it totally worked! I'm serious. It took about 2 weeks to see results but I felt them immediately. This is for the cyctic kind you're talk about. The cream I only used for 2 weeks straight, then only about twice a week. I used the wash for about 3 years after that with no problems. Now I'm hooked on Ole Henrickson African Red Tea facial cleanser, and once or twice a week do a scrub or mud mask. only the odd hormonal blip now, but that's rare -- usually if there's stress from work attached to it. I'm serious though. Definitely consider proactiv to clear your skin up. I also used a cream called Scar Zone on scars. It works too, takes about a month for scars to diminish to where I didn't think about them. it might be less expensive, time consuming, nerve wracking as other procedures. you have to massage it in for about two minutes, but it feels good. then put sunscreen on top of it. Bet you in one month you'll be very happy.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 8:08:51 PM PDT
Can you tell me what procedure you had done?
thx!

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 1:10:53 AM PDT
M. Miranda says:
Look into the microneedle skin roller

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 8:02:13 PM PDT
Wow, so amazing for you to share Sheryl, many will not share their good success wtih their skin so I for one thank you very much and the other sharers here. Also to me you don't come off in any negative way.

I have wanted to get a home micro dermabrasion kit, one of the good ones wiht crystals or diamonds but gee so many bad reviews on most.

I have used a the glyco lac combo I got on Amazon, recommend by a good friend. She suggested get your shower running before putting on ,start with a short time , get in the shower , she started out with one minute every day. I would rinse mine off if it started burning but I havent' done it often enough to tell a great diff. But i did see some softer looking skin even with first time.

Its important to keep your eyes tightly shut ,not have the shower on "turbo" setting, water not too hot ,no stretching or pulling on the skin but I ran my fingers gently upon and around my facial skin to make sure it was all washed off, if you don't have a neutralizer Johnson's baby shampoo works for me. Also when doing hair color it works as a neutralizer for me, I LEARNED THIS from my husband!!! Once I asked him why have you used Johnsons Baby shampoo all yur life? He told me because it had a PH balance of 7 I think , anyway, there's one of my secrets, he he.
I found it very important to use a gentle toner and good moisterizer on face afterwards and important to gently slide it one or gently pat it on, also to gently pat dry after shower , NO RUBBING!!!!!!!!!
he

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 7:44:10 PM PDT
Thank you for your input Rebecca, I use some Derma E face creme with DHA, something like that. I will try thier scrub!! also , would you please tell us about your dermabrasion at the spa. I know I need it but do not know any one who has had it or at least not mentioned having it and I am too shy to ask.
What kind of dermabrasion do you get, how many before you see results, how often having them, and can they do anything good for large pores?

any other benefits u have noticed would be great if you would share. over 50 and needing extra help , lol.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 7:28:52 PM PDT
Congratulations on these positive outcomes~~!!!! I know how it feels to have a life time problem and find something that works, finally. Mine was contact dermatitis.

I have never really had acne, but would always get a few zits before monthly . Later in life started having occ. ones that applying hot compresses to ,lancing with a sterile needle , then applying hydrogen peroxide would not work for like it did in younger yrs.
These are red hard lumps that never progress to a "pimple" stage and finally go away but leave a very dark skin mark that can take yrs to go away. They are also very sore. Thankfully they are extremely rare.

I am highly interested in your laser treatments. Is this the same laser that can tighten your skin? Also, would this type of laser help large pores? My face has always been very oily in the T zone and I have very large pores . Also in your age group. Please keep us updated with yur progress and I am very happy for you!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 6:40:45 PM PDT
Katarina says:
If however, you do buy a peel buy a peel that invloves three steps such us 1 Prep solution, 2 Peel to be rolled on to face with a q tip, 3 nutralizing solution. most peels shoudl never be left on for mor then three minutes. Follow up with a hydrtating lotion spf 30 is good skin might be sensitive to sun light. Natural fruit peels work best with virtual no side effect or down time. good luck

Sincerely,

Karin Licensed Esthetican and Antiaging practioneer
European Esthetics & Wellness on Amazon for all your skin care needs

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 8:41:08 PM PDT
A. Love says:
Have you read the reviews on vitamin zinc? I am looking for something for my son, 17 and has a sandpaper texture. I have the pms large red takes forever to heal. I also bought a clairsonic....worth every penny. Cistic went when i bought that. there is a sonic one on here for ALOT less. my 2 cents.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 7:27:29 AM PDT
MSKWC says:
Lactic acid peel rotated with salcylic acid peel. Generally, you shouldnt do a peel more often than once every 20 days, so your skin can fully come back from the first peel. That, of course, depends on how much skin you take off with each peel (proportional to acid strength and time left on skin). Research these two peels, which ones are best, and what you are willing to do to get results. Sometimes, I even use the salcylic on spots. These things work. Glycolic is great, but not as good as these two together when it comes to acne.

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 5:26:40 AM PST
I had a weird acne flare up at 36 after trying some Oil of Olay products. I spent the next 1.5 years trying to get rid of it. I did some chemical peels from skin obsession dot com. The prices are very reasonable (cheap even), and they offer free shipping. I started with a 30% glycolic acid peel, and later tried a 40% alpha beta peel, which is also glycolic acid, but adds salicylic acid. These are both considered "lunch time" peels, and the peeling can be easily covered with some lotion. A girl I work with did the TCA peel, which is a deeper peel. I've read that Jessner's peels can help with acne, but that's also a much deeper peel. I had never had a peel done before, and I wanted to start with a lighter peel. Yes, these are strong chemicals (pH of 1-2), but I feel like they are very safe if you follow directions. Each bottle contains enough product for several peels, so you can experiment with time to see what works best for you. Post peel, my skin was in much better condition. I was very happy with the results.

The peels helped with the acne scars, but didn't completely stop the acne from flaring up. I've always had better luck using products with sulfur as an acne treatment (as opposed to benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, which do not work for me). What actually finally stopped the acne was adding oral vitamin E - preferably the natural version - at 800 iu per day. I also used vitamin E oil topically to help with the healing process. Finally I'm acne free again! I haven't had acne issues since the age of 17, so I was pretty annoyed to have to deal with it again.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 5:48:32 AM PST
Sarah says:
I am a huge fan of glycolice. Mild glycolic (like Vivite) has always worked well for me. Start mild, and work your way up with the power of the peel.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2012 8:30:11 PM PST
I am a esthetician and microdermabrasion will get rid of those scars in the form of sessions it depends on the scar. Microdermabrasion is a cosmetic technique that uses a mechanical medium for exfoliation to remove the outermost layer of dead skin cells from the epidermis. It is a non-invasive procedure and may be performed in-office by a trained skin care professional.[4] It may also be performed at home using a variety of products which are designed to mechanically exfoliate the skin. Many salon machines and home-use machines use adjustable suction to improve the efficacy of the abrasion tool. Recently cosmetic scrub products that contain fine grit made from the pits of various fruits and from other materials are using the term microdermabrasion in their marketing.

Dermabrasion is generally used to refer to a surgical procedure that abrades away the top layers of the skin. The term microdermabrasion generally refers to a non-surgical procedure that abrades less deeply than dermabrasion. Although the mechanism of the two procedures is similar, the difference in the depth of the abrasion results in different recovery times. Dermabrasion recovery time may take as much as several weeks to several months whereas microdermabrasion recovery time may be as little as one to two days.[5]After microdermabrasion, skin will be much more sensitive to sun exposure. It is best to keep out of the sun and wear sunscreen at all times after the procedure.[6]

Microdermabrasion may be performed to decrease the appearance of superficial hyperpigmentation, and photo-damage, as well as diminish fine lines, wrinkles, and shallow acne scars. Removing the dead skin will aid in the penetration of skin care products by up to 50% and make-up will go on much more smoothly.[7]

The first microdermabrasion unit was developed in Italy in 1985, using small inert aluminium oxide crystals to abrade the skin. In 1986, other European markets had introduced the technology, which was immediately adopted by physicians for mechanical exfoliation. There were 10 microdermabrasion units on the market in Europe by the end of 1992. In 1996, Mattioli Engineering partnered with one of the Italian designed machines and started working towards meeting FDA requirements for the USA. By the end of 1996, the FDA issued the first approval letter for microdermabrasion machines. In January 1997, the first microderm machine was being sold and marketed in the US. The diamond tip was introduced in 1999 and the bristle tip was introduced in 2005. [8]

Microdermabrasion has evolved from rocks, stones and shells to crystals, particle-free diamond tips and particle-free bristle tips. Once the desired amount of exfoliation has been reached, some microdermabrasion units will then infuse a skin specific solution into the skin.

They are expensive treatments $95-100 however find a beauty academy in your area that has a esthetician program, the cost per session will be consideringly less. I attendes Career Academy of Beauty in Seal Beach/Garden Grove and there treatments were in the $60's and you can buy a series of 5 or 10 and the price for a series is around $200.

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 6:21:11 AM PST
mrsjynxy says:
I have and have had acne for as long as i can remember.ou need a super gentle cleanser i resomend philosophy purity its a little more expensive.I spent 30 bucks for a duo of purity and microdelivery wash from philosophy back in october 11 and i still have 1/4 of the bottles left a little goes a long way.(the micro inn the am and the purity in the pm to get of makeup) i also used a straight salycilic acid peel 30% strength(be sure to look up the steps for doing this .And at night i use a emulsion(not sure what that means) cream by avon it has both glycolic acid (wich is good for the top layer of skin) and salycylic acid (good for getting in the skin deeper and clearing pores) and my skin has not ever looked better and i am 28. oh the night cream i use is avons rejuvenate saphire emulsion wich i got on here for like 13 bucks (do not go through avon unless they are having a good sale cuz they sell it for 30 bucks) .Especially in the morning my face loks a little shiny but super smooth very little blemishes,almost airbrushed looking.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the skin care face forum (44 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  skin care face forum
Participants:  37
Total posts:  41
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 18 customers

Search Customer Discussions