Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Sony forum

Need setup help for Sony STR-DE 975 PLEASE!!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 14, 2009 9:11:28 PM PDT
I'm a disabled woman, with no one of knowledge to help. I have a Sony STR-DE 975 home receiver and have no clue as to what a lot of what the setup is asking me to set! I don't understand what some of these things even are, or what they do. Right now it sounds AWEFUL! I have 5.1 550 watts. When I set it to stereo, sound comes out the back speakers. When I put it on surround there's barely any sound coming out of the back speakers. It sounds so bad I don't want to play music!! That's BAD!! HELP, PLEASE!!!

Posted on Mar 19, 2009 8:57:06 AM PDT
Hello. I'm not familiar specifically with a Sony STR-DE 975 receiver, but I do have an older Sony surround sound receiver and I've had lots of experience hooking up my own stereo components. Tell me a little more about the other parts of your system, like which speakers do you have and what kind of cables or wiring are you using to hook them up? Is there a DVD or CD player in your system, and are you using this just for music or also hooking your TV into it. With a little more information maybe I can help you figure out what's wrong. Rick

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2009 9:50:02 AM PDT
God bless you, Richard, for answering!!! I have pneumonia right now and am sick as I can be. Plus, my back is out (part of my disability) and killing me! I have some things I have to deal with today, and tomorrow will see the doctor. I hope, after that, I will feel better. I'd rather try to explain when I'm more clear-headed, than when I'm feeling this bad and probably won't make a lot of sense. I will get out the manual that I had to download and print out so that I can be more specific as to what I don't have a clue about. I think that will make it a lot clearer to you. How about I try to get a letter put together for you this weekend? I need to refer back to the set-up portion of the manual, and I should be feeling a little better by then. It's the set-up portion-asking me to set crossovers and things that I absolutely don't know. I will get back with you by Sunday, okay? THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I'll answer the questions you asked me, too. THANK YOU! Peace, Lyn

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2009 12:04:53 PM PDT
Lyn, I'll be glad to help when you're ready. If you can direct me to where you downloaded your manual, I'll download my own copy and will know then exactly what you're looking at. Or if I'm not able to download from that source (perhaps it was part of your Amazon purchase?), then maybe we can figure out a way for you to email me a copy of yours. Also, if you'd like to email me directly, I can be reached at rtswain@qwest.net. Talk to you soon, Rick
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Sony forum (59 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Sony forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Mar 14, 2009
Latest post:  Mar 19, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions