Customer Discussions > Soundtrack forum

Looking for Romantic soundtracks/scores

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 48 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 24, 2009 8:02:27 AM PDT
Something light with no vocals, what are you favorites? I'm writing a new story and need background music. Any suggestions?

Posted on Jul 24, 2009 3:07:17 PM PDT
Prokofiev "Romeo and Juliet".
Or anything by Tchaikovsky.

Posted on Jul 24, 2009 9:38:39 PM PDT
PTFLynn says:
These are my 2 favorites -
Somewhere In Time: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Kate & Leopold

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2009 7:07:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 30, 2009 7:18:36 PM PDT
check out "Spring Waltz OST by Yoon Jae Ha" (fictional main character). It's the soundtrack to a 2006 Korean K-Drama TV series. Beautiful piano music with original compositions by Yiruma and Chong Park. There's a deluxe edition with both the TV series soundtrack CD and classical piano music CD. That's the one to get.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2009 10:30:19 AM PDT
angdw says:
Dangerous Beauty

Posted on Jul 31, 2009 5:37:27 PM PDT
Jesse Enciso says:
Without question, "for the love of a princess" from the Braveheart soundtrack by James Horner.

Posted on Aug 1, 2009 7:09:53 AM PDT
Aria 51 says:
Alexandre Desplat's "Girl With The Pearl Earring" has a beautiful score!!
Ethereal in context......Awesome re-occuring themes....Just plain great!!!
Check it out:)

Posted on Aug 2, 2009 1:50:47 AM PDT
Graypawn says:
Mark Knopfler. Especially from the Princess Bride OST.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2009 8:07:56 AM PDT
Oh, definitely, I already have it, and have used it unfortunately, but if only I could find more like it....

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2009 4:37:00 PM PDT
Basht says:
I know you said no vocals, but if you can ignore the first and last tracks, why not try 'Sense and Sensibilty', especially track #9.'Sirens' by Rachel Portman is lovely and quirky,'The Lover' by Gabriel Yared,
or maybe 'Rambling Rose' by Elmer Bernsein.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2009 10:25:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 14, 2009 10:27:24 PM PDT
Travis Elder says:
There's a great playlist on imeem that contains over 100 romantic film score pieces. You can find it here:

http://www.imeem.com/filmscores/playlist/XGl7xlhi/romancing-the-score-compilation-music-playlist/

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2009 2:41:39 AM PDT
Thank you!

Posted on Dec 12, 2009 10:51:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2009 10:53:39 PM PST
Nicole Taft says:
I realize I'm coming in a bit late, but just in case you're still looking for more (and I'm a writer myself and self-confessed soundtrack junkie - and add to that I've been working on a romance scene too and used a lot of these):

~The 10th Kingdom by Anne Dudley (particularly tracks 2, 7, 15, 19, and 22 - great if you liked The Princess Bride!)
~Braveheart by James Horner, just a few tracks, and I totally support the previous mention of "For the Love of a Princess" - it's gorgeous
~Meet Joe Black by Thomas Newman, quiet and beautiful
~Pride & Prejudice by Dario Marianelli if you want semi-classical
~The Holiday by Hans Zimmer if you need casual romance
~The Time Machine by Klaus Badelt has a few tracks that can work
~WALL-E by Thomas Newman (tracks 5, 22, and for sadder moments 28, 35 )

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2009 4:57:17 AM PST
OH, Nicole, where were you! I have to check out the 10th Kingdom, I don't have that, and I just discovered The Holiday. I never thought of Wall-E, but I'll check it out! Got a new book going...

Posted on Dec 13, 2009 2:06:39 PM PST
shureman says:
A SUMMER STORY by Georges Delerue. CD is impossible to find, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2009 7:23:38 PM PST
James says:
Try "Sketches" by Khoruts. It is pretty light, romantic, somewhat longing, and fairly unknown.

Posted on Jan 1, 2010 11:44:50 AM PST
Armyofnone1 says:
I've always highly enjoyed Ambient One by American Dollar, parts of which were a score to "Officer Down"

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/ambient-one/id318541345

Posted on Jan 1, 2010 12:49:11 PM PST
Aria 51 says:
"Six Days,Six Nights"-By Michael Nyman is a great example of "beauty in simplicity"
Check it out:)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2010 10:21:45 AM PDT
Arissa says:
Good choice! I second it

Posted on Aug 16, 2010 6:45:42 PM PDT
HardyBoy64 says:
The score for "Becoming Jane" is very romantic in my opinion. Beautiful music!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2010 9:57:29 PM PDT
aswlimited says:
Check out A LITTLE ROMANCE 1979

Posted on Oct 14, 2010 11:48:41 PM PDT
Try 'Anna and the King' from 1999 by George Fenton.--:)---- (his best score IMO, after the successful 'Ever After' and 'Dangerous Beauty' nominated for an oscar in 1997 or 98)------------- Many score critics rave about the 'Anna and the King' score, yet it is pretty unknown, I know not why. I have never seen a post on it here on Amazon.---------The movie itself and the 'love story' between Anna and the King is closer to historical fact than the much better known 'King And I' musical with Yul Brynner.-------------The score is long, completely instrumental and inexpensive. The 'execution' scene is one of the most effectively scored scenes I have heard (tears were shed)--:)------The love theme is the best theme in the score, though there are several others done well including the epic title theme which has that large orchestra sound.-------------Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2010 12:34:14 AM PDT
Roxanne Kean says:
I collect soundtracks for the same reason--writing stories. My favorite composer is Hans Zimmer--I especially like the DaVinci Code and The Last Samurai soundtracks. Red Warrior from the Last Samurai gave me an entire book out of that one piece of music.

What kind of story are you writing?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2010 5:55:53 PM PDT
To be succinct, 10th Kingdom is phenomenal!

Posted on Oct 16, 2010 6:11:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 17, 2010 12:02:07 PM PDT
W.H. says:
"Lily Was Here" has a great soundtrack. It's out of print but you can still buy used and even a few new copies here on Amazon. Just check out ALL of the listings because some copies are expensive while others are quite cheap. The film has only one soundtrack though, so all copies are the same.

edit: Two songs have vocals, but they are both soft.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Soundtrack forum (112 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Soundtrack forum
Participants:  40
Total posts:  48
Initial post:  Jul 24, 2009
Latest post:  May 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions