Customer Discussions > Soundtrack forum

North and South (2004 BBC production) soundtrack

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 30, 2008 12:53:52 PM PDT
S. Lansberg says:
I am desperate to get this work which was created by composer Martin Phipps. I will buy it at any price. The music is some of the most beautiful, haunting... I could go on. Does anyone know where I can get it?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2008 4:08:44 AM PDT
J.A Fan says:
Unfortunately the soundtrack was never released. :-( Crazy, isn't it!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2008 3:23:16 PM PDT
I just watched the miniseries and I agree, it is one of the most beautiful scores I've experienced. It had me bawling 3 or 4 times...I am so disappointed that they are not releasing it! this is the second place I found a confirmation that it's not available.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2008 12:19:32 AM PDT
G. Padilla says:
It's a shame they didn't. I think the soundtrack is absolutely beautiful.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2008 2:18:53 PM PDT
Lisa H says:
I was surfing the web and it looks like someone posted some of the soundtrack online (see link below) without the background noise. Nope this is useful for you.

Take care

http://justperioddrama.com/NorthandSouth/Music/North%20and%20South%20Music%20by%20Martin%20Phipps.htm

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2008 2:13:10 AM PDT
J.A Fan says:
Fantastic!!! Thank you very much!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2008 12:37:37 AM PDT
G. Padilla says:
This is just wonderful! Thank you! Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2008 9:24:18 AM PDT
C. Nichols says:
Perfect!! The sound is very good! Thanks very much for the tip!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2008 12:44:20 PM PST
Reviewer says:
Wow! Thanks so much!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2009 9:18:01 PM PST
lissab68 says:
Oh, my goodness, it's a great start...yes, hopefully BBC and whoever is in charge of producing the soundtracks will sell them again or start selling them. I play musical instruments and it would be nice to have the soundtrack and music and notes too. It's so great! Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 11:06:56 AM PDT
Judi says:
Nope - no music there - except what's already out there - youtube type videos of sections of film.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 11:34:38 AM PDT
Judi says:
Yeah! Found it and downloaded it - not at the site listed below - that is only the youtube videos of scenes - the audio files are on a site called http://www.4shared.com/ - search for soundtrack north and south - got the whole thing - once you download, unstuff it, move it to Itunes and it will automatically install there. Love it!@

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 4:08:19 PM PDT
Patee333 says:
You can download the soundtrack here: http://www.4shared.com/rar/-tfXPd44/BBC_North__South_Soundtrack_Ma.html

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 7:42:04 PM PST
Greetings
Thank you for the website! I'm afraid I'm not very tech savvy: can you please advise on how to "unstuff it" and get it into iTunes once it is downloaded (I have a Mac).
Thanks
Tressa

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2013 6:19:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 11, 2013 6:22:03 AM PST
Thomas Kelly says:
Hello Tressa,

Only after I wrote all this did I see that you noted you have a Mac. I'm a Windows user, so these instructions for "unstuffing it" will be geared that way. Sorry. Maybe this will help someone else -- so sorry.

I assume you've already downloaded the rar file. You need to get a program like jzip. If you don't have it, then by simply putting jzip into a Google search, the first result (jzip.com) should have a sub-heading under the main result that says "Free Unzip Program." That's what you want. It is all you ever really need to get zip or rar files uncompressed.

Once you do this, the icon for your rar and zip files should change to a yellow folder with a silver circular frame around it. Once you have jzip installed and your North and South rar file looks like that, all you need to do is double click it the icon and it will bring up the jzip extraction window. Click *Extract* (noted along the top of the window, near the middle). It will show you a path for where the files will go (or ask you for one the first time, I forget). Regardless, if you want it to go into iTunes then it is easier if you direct the path to look something like this:
Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Automatically Add to iTunes.

No matter the path, if you eventually drop all the files into the "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder then they'll be...well, they'll be automatically added to iTunes. ;)
In the future - if you ever have rar files with multiple parts, you need to download all the parts, but usually only open one of them (I always open the last part) to get the entire set of files. Learning that was a bit of a frustrating journey for me, which is why I note it here. Doesn't apply to the North & South files.
If you have any questions I'll be happy to try and help.

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 4:47:28 PM PST
I figured it out for Mac but thanks just the same!

Posted on Apr 8, 2013 6:53:10 PM PDT
Lirenel says:
Thank you so much, this was so useful!

Posted on Aug 25, 2013 2:22:41 PM PDT
H Mays says:
I've just re-watched this series and I am still astonished that the BBC never released the soundtrack. That music *almost* outshines the acting. Just gorgeous. Off to download what I can though . . .

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 11:22:32 AM PST
Angee Wentz says:
Thank you so much for the step-by-step process to enjoy this wonderful soundtrack! I've truly been possessed by the mini-series and the soundtrack is gorgeously heart-wrenching! So in love! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Soundtrack forum (112 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Soundtrack forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Apr 30, 2008
Latest post:  Feb 13, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions