In the other 'favorite soundtracks' discussion, many people wished there was a discussion strictly for 'song soundtracks', and one strictly for 'score soundtracks'.--------I own both 'kinds', but I favor the instrumental scores and the instrumental portions of 'mixed' soundtracks where there are songs and instrumental tracks mixed.-----THIS is a discussion for INSTRUMENTAL LOVERS, I.E., SCORE LOVERS.--------So let's share our all time favorite scores, and maybe a little about the 'kind' of instrumentation that we like.------------------Currently these are my favorites that I listen to a great deal.
1. 'War Horse' by John Williams.
2. 'Jane Eyre' by Dario Marianelli.
3. 'The Village' by James Newton Howard.
4. 'Atonement' by Dario Marianelli.
5. 'To Kill A Mockingbird' by Elmer Bernstein.
6. 'Deep Blue' by George Fenton.
7. 'First Knight' Jerry Goldsmith.
8. 'Ben Hur' by Miklos Rozsa.
9. 'Anna and the King' by George Fenton.
10. 'The Legend of 1900' by Ennio Morricone.
11. 'Seven Years in Tibet' by John Williams.
12. 'Un Homme Et Son Chien' by Philippe Rombi.
13. 'King Kong' by James Newton Howard.
14. 'The Robe' by Alfred Newman.
15. 'Ladies in Lavender' by Nigel Hess.
16. 'The Last Airbender' by James Newton Howard.
17. 'Firelight' by Christopher Gunning. (hard to find).
18) 'The Secret of Nimh' by Jerry Goldsmith.
19) 'Possession' by Gabriel Yared.
20. 'The Prince of Egypt by Hans Zimmer.
21. 'Angel' by Philippe Rombi.
22. 'Presumed Innocent' by John Williams.
23. 'The Black Stallion Returns' by Georges Delerue.
24. 'Wrestling Ernest Hemmingway' by Michael Convertino.
25. 'Krull' by James Horner.
I like full orchestral scores that are largely not 'derivative' in any way, but original. In that score I want excellent instumentation by piano, cello, violin, french horn, trumpet and/ or obeo as solo or as sections of the orchestra, especially strings.-------------I love making new discoveries in the 'score world.'--:)-----OKAY--Your Turn!!!!
Recent discussions in the Soundtrack forum (112 discussions)
|For Those Who Love 'Scores' over 'Soundtracks's||8035||Mar 16, 2016|
|North and South (2004 BBC production) soundtrack||21||Feb 27, 2016|
|Man With One Red Shoe Score?||14||Jan 9, 2016|
|"The Way" Soundtrack Question||0||Feb 12, 2015|
|Movies with great music as a part of the story||22||Feb 12, 2015|
|Amazon's new AutoRip service..||3||Feb 1, 2014|
|Mood - Dark, Atmospheric, Melancholy||17||Nov 21, 2013|
|Help! Music from 'Camelot' (1967 movie) scene?||0||Jan 30, 2013|
|The Man with one red shoe||2||Dec 24, 2012|
|Please help me identify this soundtrack||2||Nov 28, 2012|
|Please help identify soundtrack in a youtube clip||5||Aug 2, 2012|
|New Soundtrack for thriller fans||0||Jul 1, 2012|