Customer Discussions > Speakers forum

Need HELP, please! I need to know which soundbar is going to solve my issue

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 5, 2013 10:47:55 AM PST
Need HELP, please! I'm looking for an inexpensive sound bar. I've got standard surround system that works fine and has for last 14 years! However, now that we have children, whom we would prefer to sleep during bedtime, not wake up to the sounds of a movie because it sounds like our house is being invaded by aliens, not to mention, we are not as young as we once were. I am looking for a soundbar that is going to provide the best voice enhancement, so we can hear talking, but not have it turned up so high. All I want is to be able to adjust the talking. If you know of one that will, please let me know which is best for that purpose. Thanks for any input!

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 3:06:25 PM PST
dsrussell says:
I'm not sure what your version of "inexpensive" is. However, I suggest you audition any speaker if you can before buying.

Soundbars or pedestal enclosures (there are many to choose from, but here are a few):

Yamaha (traditional soundbars)
Zvox (I own a couple of these). They do enhance dialog and invented the pedestal speaker (as far as I know).
Bose (Solo) ... As unpopular as Bose is with audiophiles, I listed them anyway. Very simplistic pedestal speaker system and a little too expensive for what you get (IMO), but the Solo has gotten reasonable reviews.
Haler (soundbar)
SpeakerCraft (pedestal)

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 3:19:22 AM PST
KBIC says:
They are all designed to enhance the full spectrum of sound from a movie. Why don't you just boost the sound from your center channel and push the sound down on all of the remaining channels?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Speakers forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Feb 5, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions