Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Speakers forum

Energy ESW-C8 8-Inch Subwoofer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 23, 2012 4:34:58 PM PDT
Judi Fryer says:
I have 99% decided on this subwoofer: Energy ESW-C8 8-Inch. It is in my revised scrunched budget AND it fits exactly in the 10.5 space I have for it....BUT I can't find any place that tell me it is magnetically shielded....so I guess it probably isn't? Correct? Does anyone reading this have this subwoofer and KNOW if it is? It sits on the floor just to the side of the furniture component that sits immediately beneath a wall-mounted 55" HD TV. Thanks!!!!
Edit your post: To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?) I have 99% decided on this speaker: Energy ESW-C8 8-Inch. It is in my revised scrunched budget AND it fits exactly in the 10.5 space I have for it....BUT I can't find any place that tell me it is magnetically shielded....so I guess it probably isn't? Correct? Does anyone reading this have this subwoofer and KNOW if it is? It sits on the floor just to the side of the furniture component that sits immediately beneath a wall-mounted 55" HD TV. Thanks!!!! Guidelines

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 10:17:24 AM PDT
Mr. Jumps says:
1. This subwoofer does not have bucking magnet. It is minimally shielded.

2. Unless your telly is CRT based display, this is not a big concern. Plasma, LCD, DLP, LCOS, etc are not affected by magnetic fields.

3. All TVs can be affected by vibrations.

4. Keep subwoofer 3 ft away (or better yet further) from television is a good rule of thumb. You dont want the subsonic vibrations rattling the tv circuits. All good subs can cause vibration and shielding will not correct this.

Problem solved.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 10:53:13 AM PDT
Judi Fryer says:
Thanks, Mr. Jump. I will have to think of someway to move the subwoofer away I guess. I am severely space/arrangement challenged. What about the magnet in the sub being near your blue ray player, since they are computerized, and what about CDs and DVDs and the magnet. Sorry for more ??? Thanks again!

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 11:27:40 AM PDT
Mr. Jumps says:
I personally dont believe it will be a problem. Its only an 8" sub. Try it out. If you have the space you move it further away.
My sub is close to a wall. It makes the stove coils in the adjacent kitchen vibrate. You dont want magnets near hard drives or read/write disc drives. I dont think DVD will be problem.
Again its the vibrations that can cause problems because connections can come loose. It happens to brake lights and other stuff in cars that really go boomp.

have fun
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Speakers forum (431 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Speakers forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Apr 23, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions