Customer Discussions > Speakers forum

Bose Acoustimass 10 or CineMate GS ii?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 17, 2012 3:11:25 PM PDT
John Wolter says:
Please take my question seriously and don't just talk about how Bose isn't worth it. I've already decided I'm going to buy Bose but want others help on what would be a better system.
I heard a demo at Best Buy from the CineMate GS series II from Bose and even though it is 2 speakers it sounded absolutely phenomenal. Unfortunately, I haven't heard a demo for the Acoustimass 10. The Acoustimass 10 is 5.1 and only like $200 more so it's worth it to me. My question to you guys is if any of you own or have heard any of these systems yourselves, what do you recommend? Space isn't an issue, and I'm not really worrying about the wires. The only reason I'm even considering the 2.1 system is because of how amazing it sounded.

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 11:36:59 AM PDT
I dont know if your still going to buy but I just got bose accoustmass 10 and reciever...I am a grown up who happens to live with elderly parents where I am most happy with them is at fairly loud volume .some music sounds really good for instance black crowes you dont miss your water,but some heaver music dosent get a full range of sound till its very loud.I am happy with them but at the moment not blown away.I have just gotten them a week ago so I havent listened and figured everything out yet right now I would give the c+ to a low b. I would buy them again because I needed small speakers...but in the future I could see upgrading the speakers to full size ones .
CD

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2012 11:52:57 AM PDT
jadeddj81 says:
If you haven't made a decision on the Cinemate speakers, here is my advice, you could do better for a little more. As for most of the Bose 5.1 systems- They are overpriced and you can do better (still with Bose speakers) for the $$$ and spend far less. The reason I say this is because the Bose 5.1 systems range to $2500. You can of course spend more and choose higher priced speakers, but this setup is under a grand and would do well if you think the Cinemate is great. Colors are usually in two choices for most products (black, white, or cherry oak). Some of the speakers here are Polk and I use them with my Bose and they are great so I recommend them highly.

If space doesn't matter, and you want a decent home theater here is what I would get if you are sticking with Bose (at least for your main L/R):

HT Surround Reciever: Onkyo TX-NR509 5.1 Channel Network A/V Receiver

Main speakers Left and Right: BOSE 301-V Stereo Loudspeakers (Pair) - Black

Surround speakers Left and Right: Polk Audio OWM3 On-Wall Speaker (Pair, Black)

Center Channel Speaker: Polk Audio TL1 Speaker Center Channel (Each, Black)

Subwoofer: Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Monitor Series Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black)

End price before shipping and any tax (not including wires to hook it up): About $920 for the equipment alone. A little more than the Cinemate, but far less than Bose 5.1 systems and you get true surround (5.1) and way better stuff for your money.

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 3:45:23 PM PDT
Hi John,
I suspect you have already made your choice but for what it is worth. I replaced a 6.1 surround sound system with a Cinamate II. Can't say I miss it very much and if you think about it most video is one D. Why would you realy need four D sound? That kinda hit me after I bought the Cinamate and I have never regretted my decision to get rid of my massive dust magnet of a surround sound system and my wife could not be happier and you know what that means. Yep, happy times!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2013 3:13:48 PM PST
Hi jaded, john already choses bose and not any other brand. You cannot say you can do better........ crap.. His question is clear -- to choose between bose cinemate & acoustimass 10, not anything else. acoustimass 10 IV 5.1 is 1000USD not 2500USD.

Hi John - Cinemate uses other bose technology similar to projector soundbar. The surround seem to come out at your back or side where there's no speaker on that location actually. But there are some or many encoded surrounds audio in DVD or bluray that front projections speaker find difficulty in producing surround. Thus in order to really get the true surround, you better chose 5.1 Acoustimass 10. That is if you are on both movies and music, but if you are more on music. Then cinemate would be fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2013 2:29:18 AM PST
Spend the extra $200.00!!! You'll be so happy you did! Better base, better all the way around! You somewhat answered your own question... The CineMate GS series II was built primarily for people with the lack of space. For the extra money, you do get, in the case of BOSE, what you pay for!!! It's not just the name you are paying for, exactly the contrary. I own nothing BUT Bose, always have, always will! Period. Enjoy your new Acoustimass 10! (Heck, I didn't see you asked about this way back in May of LAST year! Why the "H" is Amazon keeping posts this damned long????????)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Speakers forum (423 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Speakers forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  May 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions