Customer Discussions > Spider-Man forum

Spider-Man movies being rebooted

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 31, 2010 10:51:56 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 1, 2010 4:27:39 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 31, 2010 8:02:45 PM PDT
Must resist urge to troll and the obvious comment women don't understand a lot of things. But honestly it's cause they are a huge money maker and I've been a Spider-man fan since I was a child. I don't own any comic books or follow it hardcore, but I know I will see and own every movie that doesn't completely suck involving Spider-man.

Back to your inquiry, money. /end thread

Posted on Aug 1, 2010 9:02:59 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 1, 2010 4:28:25 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2010 1:14:48 PM PDT
Yeah your just making my "j/k" comment appear more and more truthful. That said it's money do the simple deduction and figure it out. Plus I hear google is a fascinating tool...Here is what Stan Lee had to say on the subject but he never really reveals his motives or sentiments towards the new movies.

Stan Lee on the Spider-Man Reboot:

"He works well depending on how well he's written. Everything depends on the script. He could be fascinating as a teenager, discovering his powers. When I wrote him, in the early days, he was a teenager for a long time, for many, many issues. Finally, after a few years, we got a lot of fan mail saying, `hey, isn't it about time he grew up?' So I had him go out of high school and into college. Eventually, he graduated from college and got married, but ... a teenager with super powers. Certainly you can get a lot of great stories out of that premise."

Underline meaning, blah blah Spider-man is great, has loyal fans, and if you write it well, they will watch it. Ergo $$$$. Again come on...you wonder why people get abrasive. It's cause everyone on the internet want the work done for them.

Posted on Aug 1, 2010 1:21:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2010 1:21:47 PM PDT
Also this, cause I'm sure google is hard to navigate.../sarcasm

Popular Movie blog in January of this year:

"The breaking news from Deadline Hollywood is that Spider-Man 4 is gone. Canceled. Good-bye. And Sam Raimi is gone as well. Apparently he told the folks at Sony he couldn't make their deadlines and they told him sayonara.

But wait! It gets worse: Sony wants to reboot Spider-Man. Yes, start over. Yes, get rid of Tobey Maguire and everyone else.

Has the world gone mad? How do you reboot a successful franchise like this? Why would you get rid of your star? I get letting Raimi go (if you're a studio uninterested in making a good movie), but why start from scratch? This isn't like Batmanm, where the series has been sullied - and most importantly, dormant for a while. This is a still successful franchise that has room to grow."

Can you read between the lines, if not here is some help. I'll point out the words Sony and deadlines to you. Sony basically dumped Raimi cause he couldn't produce fast, decent pictures to milk the cow dry while people are still interested. The sad part is this isn't how you make money if you take the time and make a quality product people will keep coming back knowing the integrity isn't slowly going downhill. This is the case in a lot of TV series and Movie franchises these days. It's all about the money and how fast you can get it. Thank God "Battlestar Galactica" ended when it did and didn't decide..."Hey! We can keep this going at least four more seasons and be rich.

Again in case you didn't get it the first time, or this second time. People want money and they want it fast. Bottom line...bye

Posted on Aug 1, 2010 3:48:22 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 1, 2010 4:28:44 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 1, 2010 5:35:51 PM PDT
Just Lol ^

P.S. I like the "0 of 1 people think this post adds to the discussion."

OH NO MY E-FEELINGS ARE SO HURT CAUSE I POSTED THE TRUTH. LOVE ME...later lol
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Spider-Man forum (4 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Spider-Man movies being rebooted 6 Aug 1, 2010
gift for a 4-year old? 0 Feb 26, 2009
wanted Ultimate Spiderman #5 2 Dec 6, 2008
ultimate spiderman #1 1 Oct 7, 2007

This discussion

Discussion in:  Spider-Man forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jul 31, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 1, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions