Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Sports forum

Armchair Mountaineer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 4, 2011 6:36:00 AM PDT
P griffith says:
"I got hooked on the Everest story on netflix ,when i ran out of things to watch and started watching Everest: Beyond the Limit and was hooked, i like the old time climbers before they had all the weather reports,ladders and big old air tanks.
I publish Mountaineering books on the kindle and sell a lot of them which surprised me, so i know i am not the only one who loves them, my favorite stories are the George Mallory expeditions, i believe he made it to the summit but did not make it back to the finish line, he is a true trail blazer and i could never or want to do it, hence the title (Armchair Mountaineer)"

THE ASSAULT ON MOUNT EVEREST

MOUNT EVEREST THE RECONNAISSANCE, 1921

Nanga Parbat

ACROSS EAST AFRICAN GLACIERS. AN ACCOUNT OF THE FIRST ASCENT OF KILIMANJARO

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 11:05:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2011 11:06:04 AM PDT
Hi P,

I bet you'd like this one, too - it's about the 1953 expedition to K2 - an expedition my dad was on. If you've ever heard climbers talk about "The Belay" - this is the expedition where Pete Schoening's great belay saved my dad's life, as well as the lives of four other climbers...
K2, The Savage Mountain: The Classic True Story of Disaster and Survival on the World's Second-Highest Mountain

Karen Molenaar Terrell

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 8:12:20 PM PDT
Dad's got his autobiography out now, too: Memoirs of a Dinosaur Mountaineer

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:04:10 AM PST
I thought this was going to be about WVU's lousy defense.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Sports forum (105 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Sports forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jun 4, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions