Customer Discussions > Sports forum

Is Peyton Manning the Best QB of All Time?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-79 of 79 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 3:13:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 24, 2012 3:15:28 PM PST
G. Garner says:
Namath did it in the day when you could batter the quarterback in the head all day long, go for his knees, hit him LONG after he had let go of the ball, whatever you felt like doing..............AND when you could mug his receivers all the way up and down the field. You didn't see all these guys frolicking wide open over the middle like you often do today.

Personally, I think it's the Mannings and Bradys who have no business being mentioned in this conversation. They're like the NFL equivalents of Lennox Lewis..........very talented, but prone to folding up real quick once you hit them.

If the NFL keeps going down this road, pretty soon ladies will be able to make the teams.

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 5:04:45 PM PST
Yoga Punguin says:
I'm not a sports fan but isn't the object of the exercise to win games - not rack up stats? Calling your own plays is admirable but it's even better if you win more Super Bowls.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 7:21:36 PM PST
G. Garner says:
I would agree that winning is the object, not stat compilation. However, I apply that standard to the regular season and playoffs, as well as Super Bowls. The reason is, it takes an unusual combination of circumstances to win a championship, and especially to win multiple championships. In other words, it comes down to more than just the quarterback when you're talking about championships.

But a true franchise quarterback-a Manning, Brady, Marino, Elway, Favre, Montana, Staubach, etc.-guys like this can keep their team's head above water almost singlehandedly. Back in the old days, Miami and Denver could go into every season expecting to win 9-11 games, just because of Marino and Elway. Then, if you add ANY other talent at all, you're in great shape to contend for the whole thing.(like Denver did when they finally gave Elway a running game and respectable defense.)

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 5:44:06 PM PST
Dan Fouts is rarely mentioned as one of the best. If San Diego hadeven an average defense they would have won some super bowls
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Sports forum
Participants:  50
Total posts:  79
Initial post:  Apr 9, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions