Customer Discussions > Star Wars forum

Star Wars live action TV series

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 29, 2010 3:52:56 AM PDT
Does anyone know when this live action TV series will start?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_live-action_TV_series

Posted on Sep 29, 2010 11:31:37 AM PDT
N. Manton says:
George Lucas said the scripts are done, but they have to figure out a way to work with their budget. He spoke about this earlier during the year. I think the project is on hold for now. I was hoping he would mention it at Celebration V. I hope he does an Old Republic cartoon for older crowds.

Posted on Sep 30, 2010 2:32:13 AM PDT
Lev T. says:
Please let there be a live action Star Wars show. There are only so many times you can watch the movies. I saw some stuff on youtube about the Old Republic. There were two really great fights between Jedi and Sith. It would make a great cartoon series.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2010 9:12:32 AM PDT
Lev, there's going to be a Live Action coming out I think in 2012 was the approximate release time...

The Old Republic is a MMORPG by Bioware that will be releasing in 2011.

Posted on Sep 30, 2010 7:45:39 PM PDT
I wouldn't expect to see a live action series until after CN The Clone Wars wraps up.

By the way.. is anybody excited about the release of the entire SW saga in 3D? Personally I think this idea should be locked in a lead fridge and subjected to a nuclear blast. I'd rather see Lucas put his energy into a post RotJ trilogy and bring us episodes 7,8 and 9 in 3D. Give us fans what we've been actually wanting. Don't waste our time with another money-grab.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2010 10:47:42 PM PDT
Focusing on 7 8 and 9 is a much better idea than throwing out 3D versions of the other movies--good call there CS

Posted on Oct 1, 2010 11:03:05 AM PDT
C. R. Flores says:
I would love to see the Thrawn trilogy. But i also love Old Republic stuff. The comics, Darth Bane, games and i cant wait for the upcoming game. That would be nice if Lucas did some movies in that era.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2010 1:04:28 PM PDT
W.Westphal says:
corellian_smuggler: I'm with you! I don't care about 3-D,in fact I dislike it. I'd rather see Lucas invent new stories.

Posted on Oct 1, 2010 3:20:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 1, 2010 3:22:55 PM PDT
And it gets worse guys. Lucasfilm is gonna roll out only one picture a year starting with (gasp!) Episode I in 2012. I mean c'mon Mr. Lucas...the least you could do is give us Episode IV first. Dosen't he know the world will come to an end later that year?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2010 6:07:51 PM PDT
Joelle Rose says:
corellian_smuggler, don't you understand? The Mayans saw what Sir Lucas was planning on doing... hence, the end of the world!!

Ha, kidding. But I do think that it's going to be just awwwwfuuuulll in 3D. The Special Editions of the OT were bad enough.

Posted on Oct 1, 2010 8:37:05 PM PDT
I guess what the Mayans were trying to tell us is " I have a bad feeling about this." lol

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2010 7:01:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2010 7:02:37 AM PDT
Lev T. says:
I think watching 3D TV would give me a massive headache. I'd like to see a show about Darth Bane and the Brotherhood of darkness or the Old Republic. The Old Republic would be better as an animated show and not a live action one.
Releasing episode I on 3D before episode IV is really stupid but there is a flip side of the coin. Seeing that George Lucas likes to fiddle with perfectly good movies. How about fixing up Episode I?
The other day I compared the endings of Return of the Jedi. Why the hell did he replace Sebastian Shaw's image with Hayden's image? Sorry, I digress.

Posted on Oct 2, 2010 9:29:57 AM PDT
Yeah Lev, the game trailers for The Old Republic are superb! Old Republic Sith, Jedi, bounty hunters, and smugglers what's not to love? This would make for an awesome straight to DVD movie, kinda like what Marvel and DC are doing.
I'm not 100% positive, but when I attended the Star Wars in concert, I could have swore I saw a brand new CGI Yoda in the Phantom Menace scenes.
I agree replacing Shaw at the end of RotJ was unnecessary to say the least.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2010 4:57:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2010 5:48:59 AM PDT
Re: 2012

I first heard about the Mayan 2012 stuff on the History Channel - aka Doomsday Channel. Scared me at first but after some fact searching I don't believe it.

Here's some sites debunking it:

www.dailycommonsense.com

http://astrobiology.nasa.gov/ask-an-astrobiologist/intro/nibiru-and-doomsday-2012-questions-and-answers

http://astrogeek.wordpress.com/hoax/

www.2012hoax.org

Posted on Sep 25, 2011 7:09:51 PM PDT
I found out recently that the series has been put on hold. Partly a budget issue and partly due to networks interested in reality TV at the moment.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2011 4:30:17 PM PDT
Jack Pacini says:
Why is budget an issue? Doesn't Lucas/Lucasfilm have like 10% of the worlds wealth? How is budget a factor in anything Star Wars?

As for "reality" TV, it is ruining TV at an exponential rate, and it must be destroyed before it is too late! However I fear it may be too late already... Should have killed it at the source, The Real World!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2011 6:10:59 PM PDT
The only reality shows I enjoy watching are the singing and dancing competitions.

Posted on May 26, 2012 8:41:08 AM PDT
Plans for the TV series is still in the works: http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/20/rick-mccallum-star-wars-tv-show-still-coming

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 8:53:44 AM PST
ABC may show the live action TV series: http://www.theforce.net/swtv/story/Disneys_ABC_Considering_SW_LiveAction_Series_149729.asp
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Star Wars forum (157 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Star Wars forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Sep 29, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions