Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Steam Mop forum

steam mop and impact on grout

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 27, 2009 1:22:54 PM PDT
Robert Aull says:
I am looking for a good steam mop to clean a slare floor. My whole first floor is slate or tile. I am also worried about the effects of the mop on the grout. Obviously the slate and tile are very hard but won;'t the steam ruin the grout?

Posted on Oct 5, 2009 8:36:51 PM PDT
oztrich says:
I don't have a steam mop yet, but a friend of mine has the Shark Steam Mop. She told me that it made the sealer peel up off of the grout on her floors. I haven't read any other review online mention this, so I don't know what kind of sealant was used on her floors. I'm about to buy a steam mop right now, I have epoxy grout and I don't think the steam will bother it at all.

Posted on Jan 20, 2010 7:25:40 AM PST
Linda says:
I have been using the h20 steam mop for years on my tile floors and nothing has happened to the grout..the h2o steam mop is the best out there i have tried a few and I find the h20 to work the best...

Posted on Feb 9, 2010 4:56:42 PM PST
Texas says:
I also have the h2o steam mop. It hasn't damaged my grout. The floors feel unbelievably clean. I've also used the Hoover Floor Mate (actually, I've been through 4 of them). The steam mop does a better job by far on the floors & grout .

Posted on Feb 16, 2010 9:14:09 AM PST
Has any one use the gruene steam cleaner? I am looking into that one.

Posted on Aug 29, 2010 4:08:29 PM PDT
hi .. need some help.. moved into a home with marble floors and groutwhich i cleaned all the grout with a great cleaner on my hands and knees .grout cleaner was not harsh and was pet friendly. i just dont want to do that way anymore and still have a tile floor with dark dirty grou in another roomt!i want to clean in but afraid grout may come up with steaming.. unfortunately it wasnt never sealed. any ideas about what brand steamer i should use. waiting to hear and hope to clean soon...

Posted on Jan 4, 2011 9:48:41 PM PST
Rhoda says:
I have a H2O Steam mop. I recently moved to a house with all tile floors. The mop keeps the floor very clean. I also use the steam mop on a couple of area rugs. I keeps them looking clean. I original bought the mop to clean a small kitchen floor as I had dogs. The mop is so convenient I can get it out to clean a small area (dog tracking mud etc.) as well as the whole house. I walk around with out shoes on my tile floor so I can feel the clean. I had a stain on one of the tiles in the kitchen when I moved in to this house. I tried bleach and all kind of cleaners nothing worked. I steam cleaned the floor twice the stain is gone. I do like my H2O Steam mop.

Posted on Dec 2, 2014 12:36:08 PM PST
Does the steam mop ruin marble floors?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Steam Mop forum (28 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Haan FS-20 Steam Mop 17 Dec 22, 2015
Hann BS-50 0 Oct 17, 2015
Anyone Reallllllly Happy With Their Steam Cleaner? 53 Jun 5, 2015
steam mop and impact on grout 7 Dec 2, 2014
Can a steam mop be used on sealed hard wood floors? 10 Jan 25, 2013
Bissel Steam and Vac 0 Mar 24, 2011
upholstry cleaners 0 Mar 20, 2011
My Experience with Steam Mops 6 Mar 13, 2011
Eureka 313A Environsteamer Steam Mo[p 2 Mar 13, 2011
Steam Cleaner Advice Needed 8 Mar 9, 2011
Dirt Devil my a..! 2 Feb 21, 2011
H20 mop 16 Feb 15, 2011

This discussion

Discussion in:  Steam Mop forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Sep 27, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 2, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions