Customer Discussions > store card forum

How long does it take to get an Amazon store card?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 45 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 20, 2012 7:52:26 PM PDT
Ms!Uchiha! says:
I really need it ASAP, so I am curious how long it took for others to get their card after applying

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 8:22:00 PM PDT
Laus Nordah says:
Mmmm.. you either get approved instantly (and can use the store card immediately) or receive a letter in the mail stating you are not approved.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 9:35:59 PM PDT
Molly says:
Is there anyone out there who did not get approved right away, but was approved a few days afterwards? I literally don't have one late payment on anything. I'm a graduate student and my loans are deferred until 6 months after I graduate. I have 1 credit card and I have car payments. So I'm confused what their criteria is exactly, as I have not been approved for the Visa right away.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2012 2:46:20 AM PDT
Greg Smith says:
I applied for the card and did not immediately get approved. It took about 3-4 days and then I got an email from Amazon letting me know that I had been approved. They immediately credited my account with their bonus, and the new card was ready to be used on new orders. My guess is if you don't hear in about the same amount of time, you will get a letter in the mail which means you may have not been approved.

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 2:44:57 PM PDT
dmchenry35 says:
Does anyone know how long before you get your account details in the mail or how to pay your card online. I've had my account about 3 weeks and the first payment is due and I've got no clue how to get a hold of anyone to pay it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2012 2:55:47 PM PDT
History Nerd says:
There is a link that they send you when you first applied and they told you that you were approved.

It's:http://www.amazon.com/gp/cobrandcard/marketing.html?pr=conplcc&inc=def&place=url

Most of the time you have to pay through checking account over the web.

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 6:18:03 AM PDT
Rolls Royce says:
I have been approved but I never received a card nor know what my credit card number is?? Need help on this,

Joyce Kelm

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 11:35:45 AM PDT
stoled says:
I applied and received a letter stating that additional information was required. I called the number on the letter and verified some information, and was approved for an initial limit of $1,700. The person I talked to gave me the card number over the phone and said the card would arrive in the mail within two weeks. I wasn't expecting to be approved at all, considering I fought off a debt collector earlier this year that was trying to collect on a credit card that was opened without my knowledge when I was underage, and not knowing this I applied for and was denied credit numerous times before finding out about this, resulting in a lot of hard inquiries. I've managed to get my credit score up to the mid-high 600s with the help of my credit union. The phone number on the letter I received is 1-800-480-0186.

Here's the login/account registration website: https://www.onlinecreditcenter6.com/consumergen2/login.do?subActionId=1000&clientId=amazon&accountType=plcc

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2012 8:39:26 AM PDT
i applied and was given credit but have not recieved a card as of yet and thats been nearly a month ago

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 9:11:46 PM PDT
Nightshade says:
You do not receive a plastic credit card. The card information is in your private account area. Check there. Why would anyone need a plastic credit card that can't be used anywhere else? You do everything on line (checking balance and etc. ) Online.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 11:54:36 PM PDT
5 days

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 5:11:19 PM PDT
A. Wilson says:
Amazon also offers a Visa card, perhaps that is what they are referencing.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 7:13:15 PM PDT
golfgirl says:
Applied last Friday and haven't heard anything! Wondering if it is some kind of scam!

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 10:59:16 PM PDT
Ariel says:
I just applied today and was instantly approve with a $1,000 CL.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 11:35:23 AM PDT
Luis Diaz says:
Im the same way im looking for an answer, i need to make payments on the card

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 12:58:50 PM PDT
Rm says:
After two weeks I was denied. My wife was pissed, we are credit rated in the high 800s. She called and was told (chase) didn't issue credit cards based on credit score and was being cautious. After talking with my wife they issued a amazon credit card with a 6k limit. Go figure???

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 8:00:18 PM PDT
Kelby Delay says:
I applied between 2 to 3 weeks ago and haven't heard if I haven't or have been approved. No letter and no email. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 10:39:06 AM PDT
A. Loeffler says:
How did you find out what your credit limit is? I was instantly approved for the amazon visa but for the life of me, I cant find my credit limit anywhere!

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 7:59:26 AM PDT
Janos Audron says:
There is clearly some confusion.. the amazon store card and the amazon.com visa are two completely separate things. The amazon.com visa is with chase (at least mine was), so if you don't have a chase online account that is where you'd see it.

The amazon store card can only be used at amazon.com and is issued by GE Bank. I applied for it to get financing on a laptop and instead of the instant decision that amazon states I would get, I got "you will be notified of the decision in 3-4 days". Seems kind of sketchy, and I've read other people have had problems with it. I have a credit score in the mid 700s and have plenty of income so being denied would be a huge surprise.

Anyway hope that helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 7:20:30 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 25, 2012 7:32:08 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 7:22:48 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 25, 2012 11:34:12 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 11:37:09 AM PST
bigghedd says:
its funny that the first rep i called was an indian which i said i havent received my storecard yet.. he said they mailed it already.. i was talking to another rep 5minutes ago i think she is a filipina who is more knowledgeable, told me that I wont be receiving a card cuz its an online thing..

with rewards visa card (dont get yourselves confused) you will be able to receive it for I have mine now.

so really its two different cards..

>>> store cards = GE online banking no creditcard
their online site - https://www.onlinecreditcenter6.com/consumergen2/login.do?accountType=plcc&clientId=amazon&langId=en&subActionId=1000

>>>> rewards card = CHASE VISA credit card ..their online site - https://chaseonline.chase.com/Logon.aspx

I HOPE THese could help - FGDG

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2013 5:30:47 PM PST
yadayadamama says:
I also, applied for the "instant" Amazon store card in order to receive no interest financing on a tablet, they told me there would be a 3-4 day delay, then a denial letter arrived explaining it had to do with the ADDRESS that I use for shipping opposed to the address I use for billing. My credit is decent so I changed my shipping address to my billing and intend to give it another go, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2013 7:56:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 11, 2013 7:56:31 PM PST
Anthony, I did receive an actual paper credit card for my Amazon Store Card. They do send you one because you need the number off it before you can sign up online to manage and pay on your account.

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 12:33:27 PM PDT
KISS Fan says:
yeah says instant b4 you apply but then when all finished they say 4 days you will get a e-mail and 7 days a letter. anyone waited longer?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the store card forum (420 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  store card forum
Participants:  40
Total posts:  45
Initial post:  Aug 20, 2012
Latest post:  6 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers

Search Customer Discussions