Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Baby Sale
Customer Discussions > store card forum

Store card approval

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 105 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 22, 2010 9:32:28 AM PST
Fred Sherman says:
I found a receiver/surround sound system that I intended to purchase from Amazon last week but figured I'd take advantage of the no interest financing offered with the store card. I applied hoping to get the advertised approval in as little as 30 seconds. I was given an approval waiting period of 4-5 days so I waited for over a week and still got no email. In that time the price increased but I was still willing to purchase through Amazon with a cash payment in full. The estimated delivery was another week away and as I will be leaving town for several weeks on business soon, I found a better price on the product from a store that ships from a few hours from my home in hopes that it would be here sooner. I do like shopping through Amazon but am extremely disappointed with GE Bank and their handling of Amazon credit applications.

Posted on Jan 22, 2010 12:44:20 PM PST
Leslie Ford says:
Hi was my store card approvaled?

Posted on Feb 1, 2010 1:59:52 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 8, 2012 6:00:35 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 1, 2010 6:44:45 AM PST
odd....last night i found a Computer i liked and saw that it had 6 months no payments or interest if I used the Amazon.com store card. I applied for it and was approved in 30 seconds.....No problem here!

Posted on Feb 1, 2010 10:02:32 AM PST
Pedro Ramos says:
Hi I applied for a credit card to take advantage of the 6 months with no interest, it has been over a week and I have no received an answer yet. Can you tell me if I was approved? Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2010 2:51:48 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 8, 2012 6:00:36 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 2, 2010 8:20:49 AM PST
JC says:
You need to call them if you are not instantly approved. I did that and got approved within 15 minutes because I have fraud alert on all my reports.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2010 1:10:39 PM PST
I have to agree its been almost a month and no response about the store card yet. I definately don't need another visa but a store card would be nice. If I don't here back soon I figure its just another scam to get your information for their data base to sell.

Posted on Feb 8, 2010 8:54:42 AM PST
Ok same situation here .. they do hard inquiry into your credit history buut no email from them . Damn them as this will hurt credit scores .

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2010 10:44:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 8, 2010 10:55:44 AM PST
they turned me down to i applied for a store card ge money is hurting amazon and they are a nice store .theyhave great stuff i guess they dont need the buissiness winston gipson

Posted on Feb 10, 2010 1:03:47 AM PST
I've also been waiting too see if I was approved, for 2 weeks now, I'll call and see what happens.

Posted on Feb 10, 2010 6:05:21 PM PST
T. mycoskie says:
when you applies did you receive a email confirmation acknowledging that you applied? because i got nothing and want to make sure that it went through?

Posted on Feb 13, 2010 9:25:57 PM PST
T. Larose says:
Did you know that you can not purchase MP3 downloads, Audio, and even ebooks with your Amazon Store Card? Let's see, they sell the most popular ebook reader, the Kindle, but you cant purchase an ebook for it with there own Amazon Store Card? I wanted the card to keep track of all my ebook and MP3 downloads. What a joke. Points on my credit to apply for this worthless card and points on my credit if I cancel this worthless card.

Posted on Feb 13, 2010 11:15:15 PM PST
Oma4mye says:
I just applied and after reading all these posts I am actually hoping I get turned down! The GE company doesn't sound like the best up and up company to do business with and I'm frankly a little surprised Amazon would do business with a company like that! Sounds like there are a lot of business ventures that are lost due to GE incompetence! Will let you know how it goes IF and when I hear from them....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2010 8:39:47 PM PST
M. Bernard says:
Are you serious?? The only reason i applied for that card, which i didn't get approved for, is to buy that kindle; is it written somewhere that says you can't buy that with it??

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2010 4:29:12 PM PST
I agree with you. I applied today. But, I hope I get turned down as well. It's a shame that people still try to get over people the way they do.

Posted on Feb 27, 2010 9:00:22 PM PST
DebbieK says:
Oh, boy. I wish I would have read all of these responses before I applied tonight for a store card. I hope I am declined. I don't need any more trouble in my life.

Posted on Mar 1, 2010 11:06:07 PM PST
GE Money Bank is the scum of the earth, I applied about a month ago and just finally got an email from them telling me that their decision was online, just click the link, I click and the link is bad, seriously what a joke, oh well, I didn't realize it was them until I had already sent it in, I had a run in with them about a year ago, so I'm sure I got denied, no skin off my back

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2010 1:24:16 AM PST
SmidgiePie says:
I had the same problem, only instead of a month, I got a reply in about 4 days...and the link doesn't work at all. I've tried possibly retyping it but the website is just "www.onlineservicecenter6.com" something like that...so that just leads me to believe it's something very untrustworthy or possibly a phishing attempt since the web address doesn't even look valid.

Posted on Mar 10, 2010 4:47:15 AM PST
Abbsinya says:
GE Money Bank is scam scam scam..all they want to get your info, that is it.Shame on Amazon to have business with GE Money Bank!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2010 12:32:47 PM PST
hi if they said they would reply in 5 days instead of 30sec that means 99% of the time it is not approved, I had this experience with other applications. hope this helps.

Posted on Mar 11, 2010 4:23:24 AM PST
i applied a couple of months ago i just got a response to call them funny thing after i applied my info was stolen and used in texas at 2 wallmarts so becarefull!!! my bank is doing an investigation they still did not tell me where they got my info good luck. hg funny thing this is the only place i applied.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2010 8:07:25 PM PST
I am glad I found your post. In the past I have applied couple of time and I never got an answer from the credit application, not a denial or approved note in the mail. Maybe the application system is not really working.

Posted on Mar 15, 2010 7:30:19 AM PDT
L. Buono says:
It seems that people who have good credit get denied because they cant make any money off of them due to they cant charge you the almost 30% interest rate , few people i know that had great credit got denied or never got the email back from GE money, but yet i get one and have so so credit and looked over my bill and seen 28% interest rate on it WTF!!!!!!!!!!! GE bank are nothng but crooks

Posted on Mar 20, 2010 2:08:51 AM PDT
I wish I had read this before signing up to try and get the instant credit of 30.00 to purchase an item I was checking out for. I hope now I get refused for this card and Hope and pray that this is not some credit card fraud to steal identity!! I will watch my accounts carefully! It read as if you would get an instant answer but that sure did not happen I got no answer approved or denied!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  store card forum
Participants:  76
Total posts:  105
Initial post:  Jan 22, 2010
Latest post:  Sep 2, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 45 customers

Search Customer Discussions