Customer Discussions > store card forum

How do I make my store card my default charge card?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2011 8:37:33 AM PST
S. Lanning says:
I was approved for $3,000 and wanted to buy a stereo, but going to payments, it wanted a credit/debit card and my newly approved Amazon Store Card was not even shown as an option for payment.

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 11:34:05 AM PST
M. K. Corkin says:
This happened to me today, I've had my card for a few months, and used it before and now it isn't attached to my account, and won't let me do anything other than apply for a new card. I'm sitting on Livechat with a guy who apparently has no idea what's going on either and just keeps sending me to the apply now page.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2011 11:49:32 AM PST
S. Lanning says:
That's crazy. I called the company who told me I do in fact have a card, it is active, has a $3,000 limit and is ready for immediate use. However, when I went to use it, it didn't even exist as a form of payment for me at all. I guess they don't want me to spend money at Amazon for Christmas.

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 10:56:46 PM PST
marveldave says:
So Steven, did you get this issue solved? I too have this issue today.

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 12:34:14 PM PST
There is no solution here in any of these postings...just people with a problem looking for help. Why, Amazon, have you not assisted them? And why direct others here who have the same problem when you (Amazon) give us no answer?

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 3:23:38 AM PST
well i tried to go to get a card and when i go to accept to get the card it dosent go through

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2011 5:13:33 AM PST
Here's the SECRET for using your Amazon Store Card! Go to ADD A NEW CARD. To get there, go to MY ACCOUNT, then lok for ADD A NEW CARD. Hit that. It will say, "enter your debit or Credit card info" so type in your Amazon Store Card's number (found on the face of your card) and enter your name as it is on the card. The Expiration Date will be inactive, but don't worry, your ASC does not have an expiration date... Under that stuff, on the left side, you'll find "enter as my Default Card,"...click that if you want your ASC to be your usual way to pay. THAT'S IT!

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 9:53:48 AM PST
Amadu Amara says:
Amazon payment online is a pain

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 3:04:14 PM PST
firefly1015 says:
I got approved for Amazon store card but never received the actual card in the mail. however the account is available to use online. Im trying to make a payment online; I am being prompted to enter the account number which should be on the card I never received. I called customer service, they provided an account number but could provide me with the actual card number. Can someone please help me solve this mystery.....thanks

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 3:24:48 PM PST
Morgan says:
I'm having the same problem - I don't have the actual card so I can't add it as a payment option, and it's not showing up. I can log in to my card acct though, and when I go to my Amazon acct, my store card appears there. I've emailed Amazon to ask for help but haven't heard back from them yet - I have a feeling they'll direct me to GE.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2011 3:32:16 PM PST
firefly1015 says:
Its a shame that other people are having the same issues and amazon has not provided any solutions. I love amazon and I suggest amazon to my friends, but this is serious and fraustrating, especially since this can lead to late payment fees and bad credit report. COME ON AMAZON!!!!!! Worst off ......I cant even make a payment by phone.......this is rediculous.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2011 4:03:13 PM PST
firefly1015 says:
Morgan, try this number....Call (866)634-8379 for custome service..

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 11:14:19 AM PST
amym says:
so what if i just applied for the card and was approved but don't have the hard card yet.... can't find the whole # anywhere just the last 4 digits....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 4:27:01 AM PST
firefly1015 says:
Call the phone # listed above to request the card. What happened was, I was able to make payments on line.....however, I tried to access my account from a differed computer and was prompted to enter the account # on the card. Make sure you have the actual card otherwise you could be locked out of your account.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2011 6:35:39 AM PST
Joe Bosque says:
I really hope it works for me because since i opened an account with Amazon using my store card their wasnt a way to use my store card as my default card for making future purchases . .

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 10:07:16 AM PDT
Kelly Moore says:
I have been having all these issues. My ASC is not showing up as a payment option. Can not the ASC acct. # only last 4 digits. Opted for paperless, so no card ever received. Can't find a solution and the help desk was no help ;(

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2012 5:54:55 AM PDT
They will accept a payment over the phone but it will cost 15.00 bucks. I was on the phone for 45 min. trying to find out why my auto payment had not been accomplished. Beyond the usual language issues the person wanted to know if I was using a cell phone or land line, which had nothing to do with my amazon acct, etc. Their solution was to call my bank and authorize payment. He wanted an exact date when I was going to make payment and how much when they already know how much since it has been paid automatically since 2011. Hey fellas....you are going to start losing customers.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2012 5:57:13 AM PDT
The amazon store card is not run by amazon it is run by GE Bank of something. I can't remember now who it is. I believe it is so amazon is not part of the banking industry. Similar to Walmart and the bank that is in them all something Forest.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2012 7:35:12 AM PDT
S. Lanning says:
Yes, I eventually got it all solved. I simply went to the credit card area on Amazon and entered the card number as a regular credit card. Once I did that, the system recognized it as an Amazon card and it is now my default card. Too bad they couldn't post something like that to make it easier for some of us to understand. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2012 8:00:24 AM PDT
I've also had this problem! The payment screen also requires a card # AND an expiration date. There is no expiration date for an Amazon store card...Yet the screen will not work without a date. I called customer service which was worse than the online "help"! No help there either...they couldn't seem to figure it out and finally sent the book to my address when I specifically asked that it be sent to another. VERY UNFRIENDLY USER SCREENS AND TELEPHONE SERVICE. I am surprised at this Amazon lack of help and concern.
Henrietta Barrett

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2012 8:58:12 AM PDT
Jason says:
That worked for me. Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 8:14:58 AM PST
thanks for the tip. it worked.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 7:35:22 PM PST
you have to pick the first option activate a new card I think it says and then insert the information on your amazon card as if it were a credit card and then it will show up as an option at the top with your debit/visa card. I did and it worked fine. Very frustrating though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 7:36:14 PM PST
THANK YOU! You saved us!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:05:20 AM PST
This method is the Solution! Problem Solved! :D I can't believe it was that easy, all I had to do was dig out the little paper card they sent a while back and attach the info to my account. *Face-palm* xD
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  store card forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2011
Latest post:  19 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions