Customer Discussions > store card forum

Amazon Store Card Approval

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 87 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 1, 2011 7:48:25 PM PDT
I applied several days ago. Still no word on wether or not i was accepted. anybody know how i can check on my app or how long it should take for approval?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2011 10:26:41 AM PDT
If you applied online, it should tell you instantly. You may need to contact someone or try applying again

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 1:27:58 PM PDT
S. Jones Jr. says:
I applied 2 weeks ago and just got an email saying i was approved and should see card within 2 weeks. Unsure of the credit limit though. Kevin just be patient.

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 1:35:29 PM PDT
S. Jones Jr. says:
WOW.. just called the customer service automated number.. they gave me $900.. Im shocked!!! My highest credit limit so far as a i rebuild my credit.. WOW

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 7:01:44 PM PDT
Sheng says:
i applied last week online,i was approved instantly and then i was using my credit limit even if i dont have my card yet.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 3:26:57 AM PDT
I was approved for a amazon visa credit card, but I have not yet received it in the mail, its been several weeks...?

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 5:20:52 PM PDT
Jodell Ochs says:
I need to speak to a rep. I cannot find my card to see my expiration date , I ordered gloves and will get a nice disount using my Amazon credit card .. why do you not list any 800 #'s to call ..,

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 9:55:55 PM PDT
P. Kashyao says:
approved with credit limit of 4k .. 2 weeks for card mail in.

I like simple and smooth process amazon has.

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 10:38:23 AM PST
how hard is it to be approved for a credit card for amazon

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 9:18:06 PM PST
I applied with otherwise excellent credit.... the computer tells me I will have to wait 30 days for any answer as to whether or not I can purchase a $25.00 book....I would just as soon with draw the application .... I only wanted the Visa rebate from them to pay for the book. Somewhat discouraging..... a $100 credit line would have been more than ample.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 4:01:50 AM PST
dawn chavis says:
It should have told you your limit. But call customer service and they will give you your card number and limit to start shopping.

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 8:20:11 AM PST
Tammy says:
I applied online and was told I'd find out instantly, but at the end of the application process was told 4 to 5 days! I was only applying for it cuz I wanted to go ahead and use it towards the Christmas stuff I wanna buy. Why did it go from "instant" to 4 to 5 days?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2011 2:30:25 PM PST
J. Wagner says:
Same thing just happened to me. Wanted to do some Christmas shopping and thought, hey I can use it instantly....only to find out I have to wait 4-5 days via email for??? Not sure what that means. I hope I got approved.

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 2:43:39 PM PST
I applied about a week ago, but I didn't receive any confirmation email. It said it would take up to 30 days, but I want to make sure it was processed. Any body know of a number I can call to check up on it?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 5:19:11 AM PST
Babatunde says:
When it says something like 30 days for the response that means your application has not been approved... You will receive a Denial Letter in 30 days stating why you were refused. Other Credit Institutions do it as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 11:55:16 AM PST
J. Wagner says:
Mine didn't say 30 days, it said 4-5 days via email or 7-10 via mail. Not really sure what that means.

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 10:58:09 PM PST
Bamboozled says:
DO NOT apply for this card. Instant approval is a scam. I have excellent credit, an MB Platinum AMEX, own my house, etc., have no debt, and a net worth of approximately $X million. These clowns wasted my time with the lure of "$40 off my order" and then denied me instant approval. Now I have nicked my spotless credit by applying for another card which I do not need as there is no way to withdaw an application. I PROMISE: If they do eventually send a card I will not only never use it but plan to let everyone I know that these #$%^&*%s are just collecting information to which they are not entitled.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2011 7:09:16 AM PST
Mummy7 says:
Call Chase Bank. There is a number for Chase to check the status of your application. The Credit card is through Chase. Just because you have to wait does not mean you are not approved. Some people are approved immediately with not so perfect credit, and some have to wait several days even with excellent credit. Just be patient.

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 5:26:07 AM PDT
I applied for the store card yesterday, still no word, can't wait 30 days for a reply need the stuff i'm trying to buy in less than 30 days, can't afford it with out some type of credit card, is there any way to speed up the "instant" process?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 9:52:17 PM PDT
Jadrum38 says:
If you didn't get your line of credit instantly you were probably denied. The 30 day notice will provide you with an explanation as to why you were turned down.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 10:54:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 23, 2012 10:54:49 AM PDT
That's not 100% true. Sometimes identity verification can cause an application to take a couple days rather than be an instant decision. For example, thanks to Sony's issues with Playstation Network last year, I have one of those "monitoring services" (paid for by Sony). Any time I apply for credit, I usually get a call later in the day, or a couple days later, from a representative of the credit company asking to verify my identity.

This is what happened when I applied for CareCredit through our veterinarian, which is also a GEMB product. Chances are, if someone gets the "4-7 days via e-mail" statement, it's because they have to take some extra steps to verify identity. If it's a "contact you in 30 days", probably a denial.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 11:06:55 AM PDT
M. I. Ivey says:
I fell for the lure of getting $30 off my order or I would never have risked applying for a card on line. My credit record is excellent but I still have to wait for approval so the 30% discount will not be taken on my order! This is a scam! Do not trust Amazon.com!
M. Ivey

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 10:02:55 PM PDT
Chachie 21 says:
uh yeah i got approved instantly, and i am a working college student..... it was instantly too....

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 12:10:32 AM PDT
LKGG18 says:
If you guys are not getting instant approvals, this is because of identity verification. I was not approved right away but have excellent credit. GE Capital has a strict screening process for people who have excellent credit to make sure they are the ones who are applying. I got a letter in the mail a week later stating I had to call them to verify I was the person who applied. Its a hit or miss for some people who have excellent credit. I was approved for 1k credit line which is almost the highest for the store card. Amazon Chase Visa approved me for 10k due to my score being at 804.

They will make sure to verify you if your credit score is extremely high to almost perfect credit to make sure you are the one whos applying. So if you get no instant approval, call GE Capital Bank or Chase right away. They will get you approved after verifying your information.

I always remember when I apply for credit lines online. If there was no instant approval and the website states that, it means that I will have to call to verify I am the person who applied credit. This is what GE Capital stated and I am very happy they did this to prevent Identity theft.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 8:44:51 PM PDT
I applied for the chase/amazon card and I did not get instant apprvil, they called me 3days later to confirm I was who applied after a few questions, I was approved for 1k line of credit. you really need to have a credit card no matter if it secured or not. chase is one of the hardest to get under American express. If you get the card be thankful! It took me almost 6 years to get my credit up to a point to get qualified for the card. The worst thing you can do is either not pay but even worse is to close a card with a balance.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the store card forum (648 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  store card forum
Participants:  70
Total posts:  87
Initial post:  Nov 1, 2011
Latest post:  7 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 67 customers

Search Customer Discussions