Customer Discussions > Tablet forum

Tablet social

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 5182 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 4, 2011 9:47:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2011 9:47:31 PM PDT
C. Schmidt says:
Well, what ya got, how do ya like it, any new finds with it, and how are you in general?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2011 10:46:47 PM PDT
Pamela says:
LOL You're the best!

Did you see the new Viewsonic???

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 5:59:47 AM PDT
I picked up an Asus Transformer. I had it for a few days, and I noticed a competitor is offering a free keyborad dock for $399, so I'm getting a refund and buying it again!

Having a tablet is cutting into my Kindle reading time while I'm playing games and starting to watch the TV show 24. I've never seen an episode prior to this week, and I noticed there are 193 free episodes on NetFlix streaming!

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 6:34:40 AM PDT
Wanda Sykes says:
Good morning everyone ") Still loving my Xoom. I've been watching for Toshiba and Motorola's announcements (hurry up already!!). For me it will come down to price, weight and size for the second tablet. I'm still debating on keeping Fire but the next launching of tablets will have a lot of impact on that decision. If they launch on the high side, I'll keep Fire as a Kindle replacement and wait for a second tablet until 2012.

Kyle I read some of the specks and reviews for Transformer. That looks like a really nice tablet. Great that you're getting the keyboard docking station ") I love putting old reruns (Netflix) on my Xoom when I'm cleaning house. Its so easy to move from room to room and it doesn't go into sleep mode like a PC. Just a note in case you haven't checked, there are several TV stations that you can also watch from a tablet. I watch several shows if I miss them like 60 minutes, 48 Hours Mystery, Dateline etc. the day after airing because they make them available then. They also have several newer shows that you can watch full videos ")

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 6:53:33 AM PDT
Thanks for the tip Wanda. Where do you go for the TV shows? I've heard of Hulu, but I haven't played with that yet.

At this point, my tablet is a big toy. I think I can get some productivity out of it once I get a good task list/to-do tracker (there is a recommendation for Astrid? I think in the app thread, but I haven't checked it out yet). I'm also looking forward to some meetings so I can take it along and see if I can keep up taking notes via Graffiti and/or the keyboard if not.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 7:37:15 AM PDT
Wanda Sykes says:
Kyle I go to NBC, ABC and CBS. I also have TVLand for the older shows. Most of your major stations have free shows ")

As far as productivity, I use Note Everything Pro. I love it because you can do detailed list, folders, voice recordings as well as playback. I can make a daily to-do list, project list or grocery list and set reminders. It works great with Bluetooth. It will also pin to the menu bar for reminders. They have a free version that you must get before the Pro version but it gives you a chance to see if it works for you or not. I did use Color Notes which is also a pretty good app and Note Everything Pro will even send entries to Color Note. I stopped using Color Note only because I didn't see the need for both.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 7:46:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2011 7:47:41 AM PDT
Pamela says:
Which shows and where do I find them?

Edit - never mind ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 7:56:31 AM PDT
Wanda Sykes says:
So what are we watching? LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 7:58:50 AM PDT
C. Schmidt says:
Which new one? They are tossing 3 of them out. A 10" and a pair of 7s.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 8:24:09 AM PDT
Pamela says:
7" :D

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 8:25:57 AM PDT
Pamela says:
Almost time for bed, and we will be watching Roseanne or Grey's Anatomy. Both put me right to sleep. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 8:29:40 AM PDT
C. Schmidt says:
I've been paying attention to them, but also watching Viewsonic struggle with some support and customer service problems.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 8:38:53 AM PDT
Pamela says:
Lenovo might be able to give them some tips - on what NOT to do. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 8:54:13 AM PDT
C. Schmidt says:
Oh, by the sounds of it, Lenovo isn't fit to lick Viewsonic's boots as far as poor customer service and support goes. Multiple reports from gTablet owners being told they bought a piece of junk and they were out of luck for whatever problem they called in for.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 9:19:42 AM PDT
?New 7 inch Android 2.2 VIA8650 ePad Tablet PC 3.0MP Camera, Supports External 3G Modem+WiFi+RJ45+Two Point Touch Screen+Flash 10.1+US Market INSTALLED

I have a kindle, but want an Ipad something easy to use.
question: Does it require a plan like a contract cell phone?

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 9:27:13 AM PDT
Mary - You can get Android tablet devices that are wi-fi only, or ones that come with 3g cellular capabilities. In order to use th 3g stuff, you would need some kind of data plan with a cell phone provider (e.g., AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, etc.).

The tablet linked in your original post while economical, is an older tablet, and several of the reviews mention it doesn't support the US Android market store. You could probably root the thing, but that would require some technical skill and patience.

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 11:01:32 AM PDT
C. Schmidt says:
For any of you that dig on looking up into the heavens, check out Starchart.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 12:14:36 PM PDT
Pamela says:
Ouch! Lenovo's just clueless and slow, never intentionally rude.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 12:16:37 PM PDT
C. Schmidt says:
LOL Yeah. I never planned to ever use their support, so, no sweat off my back.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 12:16:45 PM PDT
Pamela says:
Thanks. I'll check that one out.

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 12:26:59 PM PDT
C. Schmidt says:
So today, I went to one of those paid study things. I took my gTablet along, to have some entertainment while I waited. The lady that comes to check me in looks down at it and says, "Nice iPad! I *so* want one of those."

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 12:44:49 PM PDT
Pamela says:
LOL As if.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 12:49:24 PM PDT
C. Schmidt says:
LOL Yeah. I did correct her, and then went on to tell her how mine was so much better.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 12:57:28 PM PDT
Pamela says:
Precisely.

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 12:59:15 PM PDT
C. Schmidt says:
Tabby is getting an update ROM today. Was going to try a totally different one, but, the guy that created the ROM I have been using put out an update just as I was going to download.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 208 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Tablet forum

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Tablet forum
Participants:  74
Total posts:  5182
Initial post:  Oct 4, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 26, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions